Nick Muche 30-Jul-15
Nick Muche 30-Jul-15
Waterfowler 30-Jul-15
wildwilderness 30-Jul-15
Abel 24-Aug-15
kota-man 24-Aug-15
Shug 24-Aug-15
30-Jul-15
Can someone please tell me where I might be able to find what the draw odds for a Mt. Goat tag are on Kodiak Island? From the minimal amount of info that I can find online it seems like some areas have small odds to other areas have extremely good odds. I cant find anything on the Alaska fish and game website unless I am missing it. I am looking for unit 476 in particular but would like to know the odds for everywhere.

30-Jul-15
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the draw odds for goat on Kodiak. You can hunt the south end without drawing. No need to draw a tag to hunt goats on Kodiak. Just go.

30-Jul-15

Nick Muche's Link
30 permits, 18% odds... 165 applicants.

Check out the last few pages of the Draw Supplement located at the link, for odds.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=huntlicense.drawsupplements

30-Jul-15

Nick Muche's Link
You can actually hunt the unit in question, after Nov 1st, with a registration tag... no need to draw a goat tag on Kodiak if you want to hunt them.

Check out the Unit 8 regs to better understand.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildliferegulations.hunting

30-Jul-15
Nick, you do need to be a resident to hunt goat by yourself correct?

30-Jul-15
Residents only for goat, sheep, brown/grizzly bears. NR must have guide or first degree AK resident kin with them

24-Aug-15
I happen to live here in Kodiak, as well, I am about to depart on teh exact hunt, DG476 with the recurve on Sept 4thfor a week. Yes, unless a resident you need a guide or a family member that is a resident to hunt Goat. Don;t need to draw a tag, go to RG480, allowed 2 goats a year down there. Teh DG hunts open to RG hunts as of Nov 1st, but access only allowed from salt, not allwoed to land in alpine lake after Nov 1st.

24-Aug-15
Nick...Would you be my "brother from another Mother"?

24-Aug-15
Cory...Nick and Steff are going to adopt me.

• Sitka Gear