Chasewild 04-Aug-15
ohiohunter 04-Aug-15
RD in WI 04-Aug-15
caribou 01 08-Aug-15
Butcher 08-Aug-15
BobH92057 09-Aug-15
weekender21 10-Aug-15
03-Aug-15
Guys shooting the no cam I would like you honest opinion of the bow. Do you find it to be more accurate (really)? I know it's quiet, and smooth. Reason for my question I shot one the day and now has me thinking about a new bow. I shot earlier this year and didn't care for it. After shooting a few others I decided I would give it another chance. The bow I shot was not set for me, dl too short, sights not really set etc. I shot it 8 times and busted 3 nocks. I was surprised to find that Mathews finally had a bow that wasn't too heavy. Would like to hear some opinions from the field with someone who has shot it at longer ranges.

03-Aug-15
I love mine. I got it in late April and took it to South Africa in June. It performed flawlessly. I was shooting a HeliM before that. My groups are way tighter and it is a joy to shoot. Out of the 8t I had 6 pass throughs.I d to a Carter thumb release and it seems to have helped me quite a bit as well. I really really like it.

03-Aug-15
I have been shooting one for four months. I have never shot a more accurate, smooth and quiet bow. I am just amazed at how far archery equipment has come. This is the most accurate bow ever made imo.

03-Aug-15
Shoots great. Just slow. I'm a Mathews fan and have shot Mathews for years and I do really like how the no cam shoots, but I really doubt their IBO claims on this one. I know that it has never been touted as a "speed bow", but still I'm having a hard time getting the speeds out if it that I've had from my other bows.

03-Aug-15
Its a great bow. Have been shooting it most of 2015. Every brand has its +/- but it is one of the better bows I've had.

03-Aug-15
The was worried about the speed, while in not a speed guy anyway, I wished it was a little bit quicker especially with a hunting arrow but that would probably be a trade off for something else.

03-Aug-15
Have had one for about a month, It's quite, no hand shock at all, seems to group arrows well but to be honest, I haven't shot enough to say if it is more accurate then my old bow. The thing that gets me is everyone screaming how butter smooth the draw is, if you can't get to full draw without the bow jerking around in your hand when it breaks over, I don't call that smooth. The worst thing I can do is pick up my conquest 3 with mini max cam and pull that back...No cam isn't even close.

03-Aug-15
A guy at our pro shop built an arrow that matches the weight they use for speed ratings (even filed down the tip to make sure it was right). He got 326 with a no cam off the shelf set up for the proper draw length. Basically did everything he could to mimic what they use for the rating. Since they list at 325 with the 75% letoff mods (which he used), I would say they were pretty close!

Of course, no one it going to get that with a hunting setup. For apples to apples, it should be a good indication of how it compares to other bows for speed.

Never was a fanatic for speed though - much prefer how the bow shoots, noise level and accuracy. The No Cam is a sweet bow for those aspects. Now, if I just had some extra cash laying around...

03-Aug-15
It's smooth but no smoother than my bowtech rpm 360 or my experience, may be a touch quieter and somewhat slower. I had a chillr before my rpm and I found it slow with the rock mods on it.

03-Aug-15
as far as those that say the nocam is slow. mine with the 75 mods at 70 pounds outperforms the hoyt maxxis 31 I had as far as speed. the hoyt was 70 pounds same draw length and I have had to tighten my pins up.

03-Aug-15
Just a few comments from someone that has/had a NO Cam. I bought one in March and shot it almost every day up until a few weeks ago. It's VERY accurate, quiet, and smooth. But it's not the same bow at 70lbs as it is at 60. At 70 it's not nearly as enjoyable to shoot, has little valley even with 85% mods. I have a short 26.5" DL but shoot heavier arrows. So speed is a bit of a concern to me. Although I really liked the NO Cam, I got rid of it and am now shooting an Obsession Fusion 6. Great bow also with a smooth draw and awesome valley/wall. IMO there really are no bad bows now days, other than crossbows.

03-Aug-15
I remember when 305fps was fast. But that was at 60lbs 30in draw... not 70.

If I remember correctly that was the mathews 3d-vapor which was new on the scene right behind the high country Excalibur. I just looked at the 1994 high country brochure and they didn't even advertise the speed.

03-Aug-15
I traded my EZ7 65 pound draw for a 50-60 pound No Cam due to a radial nerve injury which weakened my right arm. At 50 pounds my pin gap is not much different from the the EZ7 at 63 pounds. I know neither is a speed bow, but the draw cycle on the NoCam is enough diferent from the EZ7 that I was able to start shooting again after 6 months off. I find it very accurate pleasant to shoot. I could initially only shoot 2 arrows per session, but now one month later I Shot 12 arrows last night with no pain. What a relief. I like this bow.

04-Aug-15
"It's smooth but no smoother than my bowtech rpm 360 or my experience, may be a touch quieter and somewhat slower. I had a chillr before my rpm and I found it slow with the rock mods on it."

Ughghghgh. No.

I shoot an Elite energy and that no-cam is amazingly smooth.It's just a real joy to shoot.

04-Aug-15
Something about mathews bows that always seem to fit me well. I've shot plenty of others but the mathews in general work for me. When I bought my first mathews 3d-vapor I shot it side by side w/ the excalibur at an indoor range.. bare bows only a rest. I busted a nock w/the mathews at 20yds and bare bow.. I was sold.

I've shot the no cam and it was the easiest bow to shoot I've ever touched. After reading above about the higher poundages I'd like to crank one down and shoot it to see the difference.

04-Aug-15
My compound bow is a Mathews Drenalin LD set at 70 pounds with a draw length of 27 inches.

It shoots very well out to 60 yards but isn't too fast, when compared to other bows.

Most of what I have heard about the No Cam is that it is very accurate.

I'm not sure about its brace height or axle-to-axle length, but the accuracy claims are enough to warrant a close look for me, should my current bow need replacing.

08-Aug-15
I have had mine for a couple of weeks. I really like the feel at the shot. Really quiet and no hand shock what so ever. I was not planning on getting a new bow, but wanted to shoot this bow after reading about it. Shot it and had to have one.

08-Aug-15
I'm gonna go back and shoot it again but I also wanna shot bowtech prodigy and experience first.

09-Aug-15
I purchased my HTR back in March and love it. I just got into archery hunting two years ago and at that time I purchased a used Hoyt. Good bow for its age and took it to Colorado last year for elk. I heard about the HTR and tried it, side by side with a ChillR. Both shot clean but the HTR had a better feel for me. So far, I've busted several knocks, one Robbinhood at 30 yards; consisted 2" groups. I'm shooting Victory VAPs, 28-1/2", 65#.

Can't wait to take it to Colorado in 35 days.

10-Aug-15
Best shooting bow I've ever owned. I really like how quiet the HTR is. I've taken 9 big game animals and 3 turkey's with the HTR. Spot and stalk, blind, tree stand, it has been great in each scenario. I'm shooting mine 29" @ 70 LBS with 432 grain deep six injexions at the moment. Excellent results so far!

• Sitka Gear