cityhunter 05-Aug-15
Bake 05-Aug-15
caribou77 05-Aug-15
Bullshooter 05-Aug-15
writer 05-Aug-15
cityhunter 05-Aug-15
JLBSparks 06-Aug-15
03-Aug-15
Just released by Delta and they are also reviewing other big game animals as well.

http://news.delta.com/delta-bans-shipment-lion-leopard-elephant-rhino-buffalo-trophies

Let's show Delta what we think of them - do NOT fly them until they change their policy if possible.

03-Aug-15

Sage Buffalo's Link
Sorry you should be able to click on this link.

03-Aug-15
Good point Pat but the scary thing in that press release is the fact they are looking at other big game animals as well.

03-Aug-15
Pat do trophies get flown back or did your arrive by ship?

I am even wondering if many trophies are flown or shipped by sea.

03-Aug-15
It's time we hunters declare war on all of them... Think I read somewhere there are 40+ million hunters in America, it's time we boycott all antis... I always have but it's time for an entity with clout similar to the NRA and firearms to focus and expose all anti companies and their agendas.... This lion fiasco is a call to arms...

03-Aug-15
I encourage everyone to go to Deltas Facebook page and respond to their decision. A lot of antis on there doing so.

I am being polite but honest.

03-Aug-15
I could not possibly fly delta less than I already do...and when I do I have no other choice.

03-Aug-15
the antis have declared war and will continue i bet the Hi fence places will be next to go !

03-Aug-15
I would call Delta tonight and book a flight to Africa for four and just before paying.... Wait a minute. I can't bring game back? Sorry going wit ha different airline. Thanks, CLICK!

03-Aug-15
It won't last. Once their bottom line is effected due to hunters effectively boycotting them they will have a change of heart.

03-Aug-15
I just sent Delta an email telling them that my business and I will not be utilizing them for any travel. We are located 15 minutes from one of the hubs and they are regularly one of the most convenient airlines for me to travel, but this is just crazy to implement this ban.

"Effective immediately, Delta will officially ban shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight."

Buffalo? Really? I didn't know there was a heart felt affection to those ugly beasts!!

03-Aug-15
Go to Facebook as well as PETA folks are reveling on their page.

03-Aug-15
some one should take an lion rug and were it like a cape , full head mounted one and Ride delta. or make big seen right in front of there counter. F delta

03-Aug-15
I called them and canceled my sky-miles account and credit card.

03-Aug-15
BTW I just ran some numbers and hunters were 20% more likely to fly Delta. We made up 5.4% of their flying base.

So it will be interesting to see what happens to them over the next 12 months.

03-Aug-15
Yep it's time to speak with our cash. Don't spend with any company that takes a anti position on hunting. If delta wants to ban game animals from flight that's fine and their right. We as a community don't need to fly them, delta has to know there are other carriers.

03-Aug-15
Just posted - will not use them as long as the ban is in place.

03-Aug-15
Yep, their business and their right to do as they see fit. I do believe this is a knee jerk solution to a problem that does not exist. Do they really think that hunters ONLY fly to reach a hunting destination? Not a single penny of my nor my companies cash for any destination travel...business, pleasure, emergency will be spent with them. I hope they feel the burden of what they just created for themselves. We need to hit them on their bottom line. I'm doing so starting today.

03-Aug-15
I saw somewhere that the Anti's collected 400,000 signatures and had them sent to Delta's CEO. SCI or NRA should wage a similar plan to show we are a force.

It's funny since Delta has one of the main flights to access SA and ships a bunch of freight back.

03-Aug-15
Lots of folks fly Delta to hunt AK every year.

There needs to be a concerted effort to encourage all hunters to use Alaska Air and avoid Delta.

03-Aug-15
So many people sign those online petitions just to jump on the bandwagon of whatever the day's cause is. Rarely do they think about what signing their name means.

I will let my $$$ speak for themselves. I won't fly Delta.

I think that in the near future another airline will step in and realize the business that is available with Delta's recent decision.

03-Aug-15
Posted on FB page. Delta is no longer on my list of airlines to utilize.

03-Aug-15
Posted on delta Facebook also

03-Aug-15
"So many people sign those online petitions just to jump on the bandwagon of whatever the day's cause is. Rarely do they think about what signing their name means."

Of these signatures, I wonder how many of the people signing an online petition actually fly? And further, how many of those who do fly utilize Delta Airlines?

03-Aug-15
I won't fly Delta. Not that I've flown anywhere in 8 years but if I do fly anywhere it won't be Delta. I hate there damn peanuts anyways.

03-Aug-15
"Of these signatures, I wonder how many of the people signing an online petition actually fly?"

I wonder how many ever actually leave their house or neighborhood....

What would be most effective post on facebook or send an email? (I hate facebook....)

03-Aug-15
I just sent an email to the President of Delta. Told him United just hit the lottery.

03-Aug-15
I will fly which ever airline has the best deal and connection and meets my needs. If delta does that i'll be damned if I will be inconvenienced and take a seondary option just because they won't allow someone to bring a lion back from Africa.

03-Aug-15
What if they won't let you bring a caribou back from Canada?

03-Aug-15
Then they would not be a primary option so I would go to a primary option. but if they won't let me bring back a caribou from Canada but will let me bring back a bear from Alaska and they are my best option for Alaska, and that is the trip I am working out the logistics on, that is who I am using.

03-Aug-15
So who cares it takes a year to get stuff back anyway so they can put it on a trawler and it will take 13 months.

03-Aug-15
I see your point of view from a pure capitalist standpoint. My ideology would not let me use Delta as this could very well be a tipping point to prevent shipping any hunting trophy/meat back.

03-Aug-15
I'm not a lawyer but can they legally do this? Is this not a form of discrimination? If it's a legal government issued tag and if required a legally issued CITES permit how can they refuse to ship it?

Any Lawyers on here that can offer an opinion

03-Aug-15
I would imagine any private enterprise can make its own rules regarding what cargo it takes. Not so regarding which people it carries.

03-Aug-15
So what happens if you make Alaskan plans for a bear hunt and they announce before you leave that they won't fly bears anymore? It could happen. After all, bears are high on antis list.

03-Aug-15
I contacted my travel agent and made sure she knows the side they are taking on this. Although they will still be booking Delta flights, they will let clients know before booking the flight. As for me they know Delta is on my no fly list.

03-Aug-15
Death of thousand cuts...convenience over conviction for some. The only good about this entire debacle is that we are seeing who stands where.

03-Aug-15
Does anyone have the direct email of Deltas president? I sent them a general email through their site, but I'd like to send one to him as well.

03-Aug-15
It's called sending a message that if they discriminate against legal hunters taking legal game there will be financial repercussions.

People ask "what can we do???" well this is one thing we can do. Unless the question is rhetorical and defeatist, the white flag raised already.

Hunting is more important to me than saving a couple dollars or a bit of inconvenience. Sticking it to a proven leftist liberal for his choice of policy is near the top as well. They will not get my business if at all possible, I will do what I can to let them know that and why..... maybe fly a bird their way as well.

That is a twofer I'd take every day of the week and twice on sunday....

03-Aug-15
If we all stand together we WILL put a dent in their pockets.

I dont fly often so I'm not making much of an impact.

I know if we boycott all anti hunting businesses we can make a dent there too.

04-Aug-15
When I looked at the Delta FB site last night the comments were 100% anti hunters kissing Delta's ass. I did not see one comment opposing Delta's decision. They must not be allowing opposing views....typical. Those PETA lovers are vicious morons

04-Aug-15
I read American and United joined Delta in the prohibition.

04-Aug-15
"comments were 100% anti hunters kissing Delta's ass"

That's because that's who they hear the most from.

I've been at this 34 years, and have done pro-hunting articles for some of the world's most influential publications, which groups like the NRA, Wildlife Management Institute, Ducks Unlimited, National Shooting Sports Foundation thought a great deal of and honored in many ways.

But guess which side responded the most?

The antis.

Hunters are more interested in sitting around and bitching about how bad the media is, and how bad problems are, rather than getting involved.

Never could figure it out.

Very sad, and disappointing for those who have written the truth about conservation.

04-Aug-15
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/03/news/companies/delta-trophy-shipments-ban/index.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/united-joins-delta-banning-big-221315016.html;_ylt=AwrBT7nfpMBV61YAjjRXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyczg3amEwBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjAwMjdfMQRzZWMDc2M-

04-Aug-15
I hold a Delta credit card. Anybody have the email address handy? We should flood them with emails.

04-Aug-15
From txhunter58's link:

"Delta will also review acceptance policies of other hunting trophies with appropriate government agencies and other organizations supporting legal shipments," the company said in a release."

"American Airlines (AAL) followed Delta's lead, saying late Monday that it would also prohibit exotic animal trophies."

"As one of the world's largest airlines, and the only U.S. carrier with direct service to South Africa, Delta Air Lines is in a key position to help protect these and other vulnerable wild animal populations from further hunting and poaching pressures," the petition stated."

04-Aug-15
African lion today.

Mountain lion tomorrow?

04-Aug-15
United Airlines is doing the same. Just read it in the news this morning.

04-Aug-15
Delta, United an American.......you boys are running out of options

04-Aug-15
Kevin Dill, exactly, and black bear, and etc.

04-Aug-15
Flying is off my list then. I will spend my money closer to home for now on businesses that support hunting. You can always rely on Chevrolet and Toyota to haul your game on continental US. Buy Colorado and Tacoma, be happy.

04-Aug-15
The stupid part about this issue is that you do not bring back your trophies such as hides, horns, etc... with you on your flight back.

They must be wet soaked, inspected, and shipped back which takes several months to a year. These things come back as freight on airlines with available space they try to maximize filling- so they are really just pushing all of the cargo toward airlines such as South African Air.

I've avoided Delta, and United as much as possible as a Consumer, American can be added to that list as well.

Most of our flying is done through Southwest Airlines being near Denver and Salt Lake City....

04-Aug-15
I just called United and she said nothing has been put out about it at all and she looked on their corporate site for an announcement and saw nothing.

04-Aug-15
Trial when you say "you boys" you are included in that statement - unless you aren't a hunter.

04-Aug-15
BTW UPS/FedEx just made a lot of money!

04-Aug-15
Nevermind. United just put it on there facebook page.

04-Aug-15
SAA will be making a lot of money in the passenger and cargo business. American jobs outsourced thanks to the anti-hunters.

04-Aug-15
Flooding the airlines with negative feedback works. Not long ago NZ air implemented a $150 firearms fee each way. We flooded them with complaints and threats of boycott and the dropped it. DON"T just cancel your flight plans, call them and let them know why. ALSO....Delta is a partner with AK air. Let AK air know how you feel about Delta.

04-Aug-15
I live in a town where the only airlines that service the area are Delta and United. Any suggestions on how I might fly when that means of transportation is needed?

04-Aug-15
When I said " you boys" I ment you boys. I never said I was boycotting any airline. Why? Because it's not feasible and most of the talk and posts on this like are just that...a bunch of blow hards saying they will do something and not following through.

I am boycotting delta...till delta is 400 cheaper then anyone they the boycott goes out the window....or what about if you have no other choices in airlines? Limited availability to hubs, unrealistic distances to another airport for a non boycotted airline.... What then? You canceling your hunts? Staying home to protest through sulking?

Most of the talk and posts aren't worth a pile of lion shit and that's a fact.

04-Aug-15
"What then? You canceling your hunts? Staying home to protest through sulking?"

Well trial, if this eventually snowballs to the point you are sitting home sulking with no deer season, what will you think then? It's easier to win if you fight in the beginning then wait till you're about to lose.

In tough times, folks with the most resolve generally come out on top. Some folks have it, some don't.

04-Aug-15
Trial, did you contact them and tell them "atta boy".

If the antis are all they hear, this ban will spread to all animals anywhere. If they hear from enough of us, maybe we can at least stop it where it is.

My email to all three of these carriers told them that I disapproved and that my first choice of anirlines in the future (when prices are the same) will be another airline. And told them if they expanded this to American animal parts, they will never see me in one of their planes again.

The antis certainly got enough of their attention to make them do this change. I think unless we get enough response on the other side, this will spread. So continue to do nothing, but I choose to believe we can make a difference.

04-Aug-15
Hunting crowd is more likely outdoors instead of sitting infront of a computer drinking a Mt.Dew with nothing to do but bitch.

04-Aug-15
Read quite a few articles today that are making a case to ban all trophy hunting...and that includes North American animals like bear, cougar, etc. Any animal not being killed for food is on their list.

04-Aug-15
Tx Your over simplification of this is laughable, and sadly predicable.

04-Aug-15
No, actually, the "simple" truth is when you do nothing, you are giving them an "atta boy"

So laugh your head off and keep up the prognostication but sounds like to me that you are not against their ban. You might as well admit that what they did doesn't really bother you. If it were something closer to your heart, your tune would change

And if you don't think that we can make a difference on the spread of this problem to the US, then you are right, your vote doesn't count.

04-Aug-15
He meant "you boys" because he's not going anywhere anyway. Doesn't effect him.... so it doesn't matter. So not worth his effort.

I've probably dropped $5000 in flying this last year. A chunk of it was Delta. I emailed their miles customer service and told them I would no longer use their airline unless they discontinue harassment and discrimination of legal hunters. (skirts go up over liberal heads when you use that word "discrimination")

Now I just have to send the same message to a few others.

Pretty clear anti-hunters see this as their moment. If we go into hiding and sit on our thumbs.... you've seen some pretty crazy stuff put out there already. No telling what is next really.

04-Aug-15
Our votes haven't counted for a long time, and that isn't changing despite all your emails and silly Internet posturing.

All the emails in the world isn't changing the publics perception of the rich entitled white guy that has 55k laying around to kill a loin. And you better believe the airlines share that same misguided perception of the trophy hunter and plan on being on the " right" side of the equation, it also make its an easy decision for them since the majority of money is clearly on that side of the equation as well.

04-Aug-15
Oh my Trial you have revealed how little you know about modern day business.

Emails and social posts influence brands more than the almighty dollar. They do it out of fear and panic of social backlash.

Go look at the airlines FB pages and see all the antis congratulating them and see how few hunters are posting. From there a report will be produced that will show the positive and negative comments with numbers attached to them.

A CMO will se it and realize he made the right decision.

That's how decisions are made at Fortune 500 companies now.

We are losing this one because of the lack of hunters out there angered by this decision.

04-Aug-15
I sent them an email...no more Delta for me.

An airline getting involved in politics of animal rights-and rushing to judgement- bad idea

04-Aug-15
Hmmmm, T153...tell us what set up you shoot?

04-Aug-15
Ollie,

"Any animal not being killed for food is on their list."

Who is "their"? and where can I find "their" list?

04-Aug-15
Tell Harrisburg PA that it won't work. Cost that city millions when they p$%%&* off the gun crowd. We just need to work together to get it done.

04-Aug-15
thanks I will avoid those nutballs

04-Aug-15
Didn't delta ban us hunters years back.. even the airlines that allow us im sure there will be some extra extra surcharges

04-Aug-15
I sent an email, nicely worded and no hate or vile, to United, Delta, and American. Just voicing my displeasure with their recent policy changes and as to why I felt that way. might help, might not?

04-Aug-15
Is not only Delta

TORONTO — Air Canada says it will no longer transport big-game hunting trophies after the killing of Cecil the lion drew international attention. A company spokesman says the airline will no longer carry trophies from lions, leopards, elephants, rhinoceros and water buffaloes. Peter Fitzpatrick says such shipments have been extremely rare in the past because the company does not operate flights to South Africa, where big-game hunting is a booming industry. He says the company already complies with existing regulations on transporting endangered wildlife. The killing of Cecil the lion by a Minnesota dentist in early July cast a spotlight on trophy hunting and sparked a social media outcry. Zimbabwean authorities have said they will seek the extradition of Walter James Palmer, alleging he shot the lion with a bow and arrow illegally. Air Canada joins at least a half dozen other airlines that have banned the transportation of big-game trophies in the past two weeks, including Air France, Delta Air Lines and Qantas.

04-Aug-15
Sage Buffalo said " Oh my Trial you have revealed how little you know about modern day business"

I know enough about modern day business to recognize a winner and loser, and made enough money doing just that. And the same old blowhard internet forum hunters that respond the same way time after time are on the losings end of this deal.

We keep do the same things over and over and we get same piss poor results. It like the poor voting Democratic for the last 75 years and they are still poor. And its also Like conservatives voting Republican and they keep getting sold out in favor of a corporate government partnership. Its time we change tactics or we are just going to keep loosing.

jingalls T153...tell us what set up you shoot

what the hell does it matter what set up that I shoot? I can care less that that my views do not conform to some of the posters on this topic. What we have turned hunting into and increasingly how we present it is counter productive if we want it accepted In today's moronic culture. And if your so shallow that to think that infers I am am less of hunter, well I cant cure that half ass logic....And for the record set up is an Elite E32.... I have killed more then my share of game in quite few places considering my age and I plan on continuing to do so in the future.

04-Aug-15
Now United and American are on the band wagon.

04-Aug-15
add Air Canada and Qantas. If you boycott all airlines that refuse to carry the Big 5 as freight you might have to walk, or swim.

04-Aug-15
I sent Delta my thoughts and also posted on their facebook page. One lady was kind enough to tell me she wouldnt' want to sit beside me anyways. I looked at her facebook photo and my feelings were quite mutual!

05-Aug-15
Didn't I hear Samuel L Jackson announce that Capitol One would no longer honor charges to pay trophy fees for any trophy animal carrying a collar or human name?

05-Aug-15
Deltas response. Very nice and cordial as expected, and very matter of fact.

Thank you for your email to Delta Air Lines expressing disappointment with shipment of trophies.

Delta has banned the shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros, and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight. Prior to this ban, Delta's strict acceptance policy called for absolute compliance with all government regulations regarding protected species. Delta will also review the acceptance policies for other hunting trophies with the appropriate government agencies and other organizations that support legal shipments.

We value customer feedback and appreciate you taking the time to contact us. We understand your feelings surrounding this issue, and we are grateful you took the time to let us know how our actions have been perceived. Your concerns have been reported to the appropriate leadership for internal review.

05-Aug-15
Just wait guys, it won't be long before the airlines decide not to allow firearms or bows allowed on their planes. If that happens then the hunting industry will feel it big time.

05-Aug-15
lets hope in the days ahead trophies dont include NA species ! UPS will maul us to ship !!!

05-Aug-15
Anyone wanna partner on a jet? What's a 737 go for? 15-20 mil?

I got $100 to get started. Who's with me??? :)

05-Aug-15
Bake, I'm in! I'll never use it but I'll throw in 100 bucks! lol

05-Aug-15
Tell them the lion is gay and if they discriminate you will sue their ass.

05-Aug-15
BS.... :-)

05-Aug-15
funny stuff

06-Aug-15
I do not fly. If God had wanted me to fly I would have been born with a ticket sticking out of my arse.

-Joe

• Sitka Gear