KJC 06-Aug-15
Wapitidung 06-Aug-15
deerman406 06-Aug-15
SBH 09-Aug-15
Trial153 09-Aug-15
SteveBNY 09-Aug-15
Aftermerl 10-Aug-15
03-Aug-15
I had the ozonics hr 200 in my hand today but wanted to see some bowhunters thoughts first. Anyone have any real experience with these?

03-Aug-15
whats that ?

03-Aug-15
Here we go

03-Aug-15
HMMMMM, oh the humanity of it allllllllllllll!!!!. I would never use, just my 2 cents. If i need a little machine to cover my oder then its not hunting. Just me though and my thoughts.

03-Aug-15
Kind of what I was thinking but wasn't sure if I was missing something. I've hunted for 25 years without it with not many issues. Thx for the input you've confirmed my suspicions

03-Aug-15
I have 40 year of experience behind me, I am not an expert, but I can tell you this, your either down wind or your not,,,,,,, its that simple,,,,,,

I would challenge Mark Drury or Tom Nelson any day to show me I am wrong

03-Aug-15
I have used an Ozonics on two hunts.

First was a fall whitetail hunt in Iowa. Sat all day and used the ozonics. Had several occasions where deer wandered directly downwind at 20-40 yards and never even looked my way. Not very scientific, but I would say that it worked as advertised- many deer would have spooked or gotten nervous.

Used it again on a spring bear hunt in Manitoba. My guide was very particular and never put me on a stand where the wind was blowing my scent directly toward the bait site. But bears entered the area from all directions, and the downwind bears did not seem to mind my being there.

My opinion is that the ozonics works as advertised in some situations. It could be a crucial asset if you are chasing a trophy animal under adverse wind conditions. Good hunters have always had to consider the wind to be successful- the ozonics can help, but cannot replace good hunting skills.

The downside of the ozonics: It is expensive. It takes a couple of extra minutes (and minor additional noise) to set it up when you get into your stand. If you are going to sit all day (i.e.: whitetail rut), you will need an additional extended life battery and maybe an additional charger (standard battery lasts 4 hours, so add $200 and do not pass go).

03-Aug-15
Just watched the 2 new drury dvd's. There are a couple shots of a ozonic unit but not one mention of the product. I guess they lost their sponsorship.

04-Aug-15
Ever heard this old saying? (( A fool and his money are soon to part))!

04-Aug-15
How have you managed to kill a deer all these years without ozonics?

04-Aug-15
I drench myself in coyote urine works wonders, deer everywhere

04-Aug-15
It's about what happens when deer come in down range of you. And when this happens, you don't kill deer all these years. If you've used an Ozonics, then comment. But if you haven't used one, why comment on something you don't know anything about....

04-Aug-15
I agree, and I have used one, and have not been impressed, but than I am not getting sponsored by them either.....

I believe in America, I believe in selling products, buy it use it, make your own assemment, and this is what free market is all about.

04-Aug-15
I own a ozonics an they work. In a blind I would say 100% of the time. On a tree stand too much eratic wind an to little wind are the only problems. A steady 10 mph an less are what you want. I wouldn't go deer hunting without mine!! I would definately buy another if mine quit working without a question!!!!

04-Aug-15
I have the blind model but bought the treestand model for this year. I am hunting private property and there is only one tree that I can use and unfortunately most of the deer will come from downwind. So this year I will be using the Ozonics, Scent Lok clothing, spraying down and I may even wear some garlic beads. Should be a very interesting season.

05-Aug-15
In theory ozone does work as a odor eliminater ,some wastewater plants use it to control odors from the biological process but not sure how well it works in the hunting world .

05-Aug-15
Ozone does work as an odor killer. Hotels and car dealerships have been using it for years. I have been using it for 5 years myself to treat my clothing and hunting equipment. It does not work in my opinion in an ozonics machine.(Unless you use it to treat your clothing and gear or inside a ground blind blind) but again they do not produce much ozone.You need an industrial machine for them to really work. Mine cost well over a grand and produces about 30 times what the Ozonics machine does.If you read the science, you want a pretty much want to use it with no air movement whatsoever. The machines produce O3 and it attaches to scnet molecules and drops them to the ground and than this in turns cleanses them and leaves the air fresh. I do not see how this could possibly work out side as even the slightest breeze would blow the O3(ozone)out and about and not ever come oin contact with your scent stream. Shawn

05-Aug-15
I just poor deer lure on me, that's worked for yrs, but I'm a little concerned when I bend over to tie my boots though! during the rut that is

05-Aug-15
Rubber boots rman!!! Problem solved. Think how much buck urine you can buy for the price of ozonics

05-Aug-15
the toys men play with, u think my wife would say yea, go ahead , I'de be sleeping on the sofa. I would have to see first hand and have the money to burn. I have neither . that's the truth, it may work, but I will never know. let us know what you find, good luck. r-man

06-Aug-15
"If you've used an Ozonics, then comment. But if you haven't used one, why comment on something you don't know anything about...." Amen!

06-Aug-15
Junk

06-Aug-15
Ozone works - in sufficient quantities with adequate time exposure. The Ozonics in an open, uncontrolled environment provide neither. Anecdotal observations are not evidence of anything. Anyone that hunts has had animals in a position that appear to be downwind/ in their scent stream. Problem is this scent stream is invisible - no telling if the animal is in it or not.

06-Aug-15
You silly boys, ozonics are for: ok I won't say cause my momma said you shouldn't make fun of mentally challenged folks. HA HA

06-Aug-15
My observation. Most who have used it think it has value. Most who haven't used it think it has no value.

06-Aug-15
Bill Brown correct...the typical response from this type of question on an open forum...if you have used this product please respond so the OP can get a real value of this product; if you haven't used it no one really cares what you think, please move along

06-Aug-15
I would be concerned about the health affects. Being exposed to that stuff cannot be good.

06-Aug-15
I'll buy one when I get the thumbs up from a Pat review. Same goes for HECS

06-Aug-15
Be sure to get yourself a wagon to haul all that crap in the field with you!

06-Aug-15
It is not good to inhale that stuff first off. Secondly, me thinks ozonics might be changing their marketing scheme. I was flipping channels this am and one of the hunting shows had the guy packing his hunting clothes in a plastic bin and then he pulled out the ozonics and explain how he puts it with his clothes so that when gets to his hunting location his clothes are scent free. Seems like more guys are using it to clean their clothes rather than using it up in the tree.

06-Aug-15
Ozonics crosses the line of what I consider to be ethical equipment to use. What's next, a Star Trek cloaking device?

06-Aug-15
Ollie, Are you saying that it works?

06-Aug-15
Maybe the Star Trek device.

06-Aug-15
Ollie, I am not a fan of ozonics but I will defend the guys who use it. Let me ask you this, is it fair to use a device that lets you know exactly what time deer are walking by your stand and have a pic. of that deer sent to your cell phone? If you say Yes than why is Ozonics not fair? I do not use either for my hunting in the field so I could care less, just trying to be fair. The problem with Ozone is that in a closed area it removes the oxygen from the area. If you were to be closed in a small room with my machine, I do believe it would kill you after a while. They are illegal in some states due to safety concerns. LBshooter, that is what I use mine for, to clean my clothes of any scent. It works without a doubt and there is science to prove it. The machine is placed at a high point in a room in my house and my clothes are laid out on the floor. I do a saturation treatment for 45 minutes than flip clothes and repeat. So guys know Ozone is what is created during a thunder and lightning storms. Go out right after a storm with plenty of lightning and rain and take a nice deeop breath. That clean fresh smell is a result of the ozone cleaning the air. I am a firm believer in it working but not in an outside environment but do agree that it could work in a blind or shooting house. Shawn

09-Aug-15
A guy I started hunting with....and he kills a lot of animals with his recurve...and I mean a lot, swears by it. In fact he even bought a second unit for his kids/friends to use when he takes them to his spots. He won't let you sit in a stand at one of his spots without one. He doesn't claim it's the reason he has killed so many deer but he does believe it has given him a few opportunities in bad wind that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise. He goes to the extreme with most of his hunting but the success is on his wall and it's hard to argue with him based on that.

09-Aug-15
I was given a new unit last year. My friend who gave it to me whitetail hunts appx 30 days a year in several states. He been using it for the better part of two seasons and despite being very critical of the idea and its use, he swore by it after the first season. I gave it an honest try last season, I hunted in threes states for 19 days and used it each sit. I felt it worked and work well in several situations were I should have been winded. Watching deer reactions to entering the scent cone of the unit was an eye opener. A couple times I even used milk weed to check wind in relation to visible deer and again.. the deer should have had different reactions then what I seen. I honestly felt it worked well.

09-Aug-15
Do milkweed and scent molecules weigh the same? Can you see your or the ozones actual scent stream to know the deer are in it?

10-Aug-15
I can't possibly name all the positions I've taken on new products over the last 35+ years of bow/deer hunting. I've argued a good many positions, only to years later give up and endorse the very product or technique, I had so vehemently despised. If we bow hunters would be honest with ourselves, we would have to acknowledge, guilty as charged. As far as Ozone is concerned, I can't say definitively if it works or not. I can with professional experience say it has been used for decades to eliminate smokey odors from a home that has been re-storied after a fire, does that equate to a deer smelling a hunter which is perched up wind? Frankly, I don't know. I doubt I'll be buying one though, not out of fear it doesn't work as advertised, but because it would be just another cumbersome item I would have to tote into the field and quite simply I don't need another thing in my bag. Taking a hard stance on any product is folly, as I said above, I've been a master of it.

My list of once dismissed products and techniques:

Rattling, Calling, drip bags, mock scrapes, decoying, Orange camo, TreBark camo, 3D leafy camo, grunt tubes, snort wheeze, cover scents galore and wind indicators.

Then there was Traditional Equipment vs Compounds, split limb technology, peep sights, Over draws, double cams, solo cams, optics, Fiber optics, Pendulum sights, and lets not forget release aids (finger vs thumb).

I'll move now to Gore-tex, Thinsulate, chemical hand-warmers, scent-lock, high priced long underwear. Aluminum shafts or Carbon shafts, Carbon anything, pre-packaged readily to use broad-heads, how about expandables, or fixed blade, dare I say it, Rage broad-heads (of course the 2 blade). How about climbing tree stands, light weight fixed position stands, ladder stands, folding blinds, hay bale blinds.

Many, many of the above items I have taken a negative stance on, some not so much. However nearly all have or are now a vital part of my repertoire in an effort to make me a successful bow-hunter. So if you've taken a hard stance on any product or technique, beware the taste of crow even in small bites can linger for a life time. Now where is the user manual for the Tree-Coy?

• Sitka Gear