Daff 04-Aug-15
Nick Muche 04-Aug-15
sweet old bill 04-Aug-15
fubar racin 04-Aug-15
CurveBow 04-Aug-15
Bowfreak 04-Aug-15
greg simon 04-Aug-15
03-Aug-15
Just wanted to hear from any of you that have changed from a index finger to a thumb release.

Talking about a hunting set up. Are you satisfied with the change? Does it seem to help your groups? How about comfort as far as form?

Probably going to give the thumb style a try, but wanted to hear from you guys.

Thanks again.

03-Aug-15
I do it for ease of use only. My groups aren't any better with a thumb, but I love the fact that my release is no longer attached to my wrist all the time. I just hook it on my loop and leave it there while on stand.

03-Aug-15
switched to a thumb (and handheld) at the beginning of the year and it has helped me a bunch.

04-Aug-15
I switched from finger to thumb quite a few years ago, I keep it in my right front pocket when hunting. When practicing I have the same model with a strap. It gives me another solid anchor point because I settle my hand hard under my jaw. My groups did improve, especially at long range.

04-Aug-15
I have made the switch this year. It has been quite an adjustment but I am shooting better groups. The main reason I tried it was to combat those days when the urge to punch the trigger bad. It seems to be easier for me to get a surprise shot with a thumb trigger/back tension. I haven't hunted with a thumb release yet but there are some of the things I didn't like about wrist strap that will be eliminated. I guess my biggest gripe will be having to buy a second release (backup). good luck

04-Aug-15

Nick Muche's MOBILE embedded Photo
Nick Muche's MOBILE embedded Photo

I could never imagine switching to a thumb. No way.

That said, I really don't shoot very well past 100.

04-Aug-15
what that 100 feet or 35 yards...

04-Aug-15
I switched last year it helped me alot not so much shooting targets but I had a problem with punching the trigger shooting at animals that greatly improved with the thumb release.

04-Aug-15
I have always shot with an index finger release - Scott Mongoose. No issues with it and now shooting it using back tension to trigger it. I like the fact that its on my wrist. My son switched a couple of years ago to a thumb release and making sure it doesn't fall out of a pocket is an issue.

>>>>-------->

04-Aug-15
The only reason I switched to a handheld was due to target panic. I re-learned how to shoot properly with a handheld and now couldn't dream of shooting a trigger. If I switched to a trigger I would eventually be fighting the same battle. I never plan to have target panic again so I will keep shooting my thumb trigger.

04-Aug-15
I use a thumb release. Can't stand having a release attached to my wrist all the time. I always carry a back up release no matter what type I'm using. I do shoot a little better with a thumb.

• Sitka Gear