bighorn 19-Aug-15
bowhunter55 19-Aug-15
bighorn 20-Aug-15
MJH 26-Aug-15
bowhunter55 26-Aug-15
bighorn 26-Aug-15
LungBuster 27-Aug-15
16-Aug-15
Which one best for hunting Like Mike or RX2 and why?

16-Aug-15
I use the RX2 and I like it but you've got to keep it fairly clean otherwise the sear won't fully engage. It's only happened to me once and that was this year at a 3D after I didn't clean it for almost a year and after being on a 15 day hunt. Once I got the tundras do dirt out it was fine.

17-Aug-15
I love the Quickie 1 Plus. Never any problems in 5, 6 years.

17-Aug-15
I've owned the Rx1 and Like Mike. The Like Mike has a double sear so once set, the trigger pull is the same regardless of bow poundage. The Like Mike pull and travel are adjusted by turning two screws with no springs to change out. The Like Mike trigger travel can be set to near zero.

Get the Like Mike.

17-Aug-15
Quickie is a great release, and carters are top shelf, but experienced a first hand failure in the bear stand this spring the release was a like mike. I had killed my bear the evening before and was the camera guy on this hunt, while sitting in the stand bored, I was eyeing up the like mike and wanted a closer look, so my buddy handed it to me and I noticed that the hook was seized shut, could not open it no matter what we did, good thing a monster bear hadn't arrived yet! Although it would have been the biggest flinch ever caught on camera!lol. Fortunately I had my back and an extra release so the hunt continued!(no kill on this hunt)

As usual Carter fixed his release and its all good. Carter had issues with the early like mike releases, so beware, don't buy an older one, I wouldn't even take a chance on a new one after seeing this, get the quickie, its better anyway.

17-Aug-15
I've been shooting the old Carter Loc Jaw 2000 for years. The only time it ever failed was after a bear hunt in Ak. on the ocean. That salt water will effect everything. A good clean up and a squirt of WD-40 and it was good as new. I'll bet it is 15-20 years old and still working like a new one.

17-Aug-15
I just got a Like Mike and I love it. It is my first Carter release and you really can feel the quality. I have been shooting a hinge release and wanted a better hunting release. The "zero creep" on the Like Mike is amazing. Once you learn how to preload the trigger and use back tension you can get a real deal consistent surprise release. My best advice is really take the time to dial in the length of the release so you can properly load the trigger. It makes a huge difference.

17-Aug-15
When I was getting a new release this spring I called them and they suggested for hunting the quickie 1 over the others as the non magnetic is less likely to get jammed up with stuff. I like the release a lot

17-Aug-15
The Like Mike has no magnet. The Rx1 does and it came loose on mine, jamming up the release. Carter told me to toss the magnet.

17-Aug-15
I've shot both and each have their pros and cons.

I like the shorter head on the Rx2, but every once in a while I'd feel a little creep in the trigger. That I DON'T like!

The Like Mike has an awesome sear system. There is ZERO perceived movement . However, since I have a short D/L to begin with, I don't like the long head.

I've never experienced a problem with a release failure with either one, and I've been shooting them for 4-5yrs, and I shoot alot.

17-Aug-15
Rx2

I used to use a lucky, like Mike and the rx series. Lucky and like mike were real nice. But the problem I had is that they would collect dirt (magnets) and the released would seeze up sometimes. Not something you want on a hunt. I prefer the springs like what the Rx use because of that.

I have since started using a Hamksea DropTine

Really like the Hamskea

18-Aug-15
This Hamksea looks like Truball "Short'n Sweet" knock off

19-Aug-15
Ermine what about the Hamksea do you like over the RX2?

19-Aug-15
I love my RX2. I've been shooting it for so long it's now silver from wear. As above,just clean it out once in a blue moon and you'll never have a problem. I have mine set fairly heavy but it's so crisp it's like glass at the shot. Just the best release I've ever used.

20-Aug-15
bowhunter55 what do you clean it with?

26-Aug-15
I love my RX2. Just like bowhunter55 said, its so crisp and like glass at the shot. I like how the jaw is reversed. No reason why, I just do. Maybe it does have something to do with the beard thing.

26-Aug-15
Bighorn,I use compressed air in a can.Pull the trigger to release the jaw and spray the air inside of the trigger housing. You'll never have a prob with it. I also like the jaw being reversed as MJH said

26-Aug-15
Thanks for the info, trying to decide on the RX2 or Hamskea.

27-Aug-15
Bighorn - Or use a compressor and then put in triflow to lube it. The new like mike no longer comes with a magnet.

• Sitka Gear