LINK 28-Jun-16
Kurare 28-Jun-16
ridgefire1 28-Jun-16
ScottTigert 28-Jun-16
Grubby 30-Jun-16
12yards 30-Jun-16
Mad Trapper 30-Jun-16
18-Aug-15
I have been a fan of fletch tite platinum for years but occasionally have some issues. Seems like I read on here that guys are using super glue gel for this. Any suggestions or input?

Craig

18-Aug-15
Craig, I just started a thread on this. I checked Youtube last night and that fletchtite scored the lowest in a test this guy did. Blue Glue from G5, Boehning Quantum XT and Loctite Ultra Gel virtually would not let the vanes off the shaft. Fletchtite was the one I had trouble with too. I'm sure this has been discussed here before.

18-Aug-15
I have had good luck with Goat Tuff

18-Aug-15
I've had Good luck with AAE Max Bond

18-Aug-15
i personally use superglue gel and it has always worked wonderfully. this last batch of arrows i built i used the gorilla glue gel and i have been very impressed. While sighting in my new bow i had several arrows pass thru my target and the 5/8" plywood backboard and the arrow fletchings stayed put with no noticable issues. just my .02 worth.

18-Aug-15
Goat tuff x2

18-Aug-15
Thanks!

18-Aug-15
superglue gel. works great--can buy it anywhere.

Scott

18-Aug-15

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Gorilla or super glue gel

18-Aug-15
I've been using Blazer Bond for years with no issues.

18-Aug-15
Gorilla glue works great.

I don't think goat tuff is the same as goat glue, but I don't like goat glue. It's too runny and gets all over everything.

19-Aug-15
Goat Tuff X3.

19-Aug-15
Goat tuff for me for now. The super glues are too thick and don't apply smoothly. At least the goat tuff bottle doesn't glue itself closed and w/ a little finesse you can get a good bead. I have yet to find a good glue w/ the viscosity of good ol'fashion fletchtite. The only time I miss aluminum is when I'm fletching arrows.

19-Aug-15
NPV works great..

19-Aug-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Love this stuff and the applicator.

19-Aug-15
Watched a youtube video on the Arizona EZ Fletch and on super glue he put a dot of glue at end of the fletch. He then used applicator to spread it instead of trying to run a long bead. Said it put a more uniform layer of glue.

19-Aug-15
How difficult is it to remove these alternative glues when time to refletch?

19-Aug-15
Whats the "applicator"???

I used denatured alcohol once and it left white residue. Haven't messed w/ it since. Whats the secret?

Easy to remove, actually seems a little easier than fletchtite.

19-Aug-15
ohiohunter, applicator was his way of saying the tip of the bottle I guess.

19-Aug-15
I use the same as Midwest works good IMO

19-Aug-15
Another midwest endorsement. I use arrow wraps and still had issues wth Fletch-Tite Platinum. The Locktite gel works awesome, and the applicator is even more awesome!

19-Aug-15
Applicator!? are we talking about glue or tampons? where is the applicator?

19-Aug-15
Goat tuff here as well.

19-Aug-15
fletch tite platinum for me. Easy to clean off old glue. Clean the shaft and base of vanes with acetone.

20-Aug-15
AAE Max Bond. I treat the blazer with Zing before glueing. The bond sets in 10 seconds. The blazers have to be cut off to be removed. Good combo. I have also treated the blazers with PVC primer and gotten the same results. With the primer (purple) you have to be careful to only apply it to the bottom of the vane as it tends to stain everything, especially your fingers. I have tried Goat Tuff, Super Glue, Lock Tite, Gorilla Glue and many others. The AAE Max Bond has worked the best.

27-Jun-16
does the super glue have to be the gel type

28-Jun-16
Bou, I think the advantage of the gel type super glue is that it is not as runny as regular super glue, so it's a little more user-friendly for fletching. I've only used the gel, which does work great, but that's my guess as to why the regular is not recommended.

28-Jun-16
I haven't had much luck with non-gel superglue. Seems like it both runs/drips too quickly and/or sometimes doesn't dry.

Kind of like if you've ever had a problem trying to glue porcelain with super glue. You can hold the edges together forever and it doesn't set. I assume if two items to be glued are not porous the glue is essentially air locked and doesn't have a chance to set.

28-Jun-16
I use the G5 blue glue and it works very well from me.

28-Jun-16
I actually use both, A base of Fletchtite Platinum and dots of super glue gel on both ends and a few inbetween. Works good for me.

28-Jun-16
Elmers crazy glue. Cheap and works great.

28-Jun-16
Loctite super glue gel

30-Jun-16
Gorilla gel here, had mixed results with all the fletch specific glues.

30-Jun-16
I've used both Easton Quick Bond and Pine Ridge Archery Instant Arrow Glue with success. Always store in the fridge and seems to extend the life.

30-Jun-16
Any of you guys shot your arrows in below zero conditions? If so, what glue worked the best?

• Sitka Gear