Contributors to this thread:
Buffalo1 23-Aug-15
Phil/VA 24-Aug-15
Bigdan 24-Aug-15
dm/wolfskin 07-Sep-15
dm/wolfskin 07-Sep-15
drycreek 07-Sep-15
23-Aug-15
I am looking for a quality light to use on my bow for hunting hogs at night. I am interested in quality product, distance of beam and best color of light beam (clear, red, green, etc.). I am also interested in any tips for correct use of the light.

Wondering if anyone has used a rheostat light setup for hunting hogs at night? Same principal as hunting leopard and lion.

24-Aug-15
I like the Sniper Hog Light http://www.sniperhawglights.com/Bow-mounted-light-s/1830.htm

It comes with a white, a red, and a green head. I can see better with the green, but usually use the red as it seems to spook fewer hogs.

Mine is on a trad bow, so my technique is slightly different than what I recommend for a compound shooter-come to full draw with the light off and pointed high above the hog's back, when you're set turn the light on and bring the pin down onto the hog.

Good luck.

24-Aug-15
Paul are setup for hogs was and aircraft landing light painted red .We got are paint from a craft shop its made for making stain glass. We set are light up on a camera tripod with the wires coming back to a rheostat that was mounted on are stand seat. The first time they come in you can turn up the light to max on them But each time after that you have to use less power. and any sight lite out there will work to see your pins

07-Sep-15

dm/wolfskin's embedded Photo
Mines a Kill Light by Wildlife technology. Mounted on my longbow.

07-Sep-15

07-Sep-15
Greg, I have a couple of Wildlife Technology lights myself and they are pretty dang good. Although I've never used them on a bow, I think they make a mount to be used in your stabilizer hole. If you would like, I will bring them to Rob's in January and you can try before you buy !

• Sitka Gear