Skippy 26-Aug-15
Turk 26-Aug-15
trkytrack 26-Aug-15
X-Master 27-Aug-15
samman 27-Aug-15
r-man 27-Aug-15
Skippy 27-Aug-15
25-Aug-15
Can any one tell me why my stealth cams say no SD card in the display window? (yes I have a card in it) I have tried several different types of cards with no luck. Thanks for the help.

25-Aug-15
was cam off when inserted ? is it new ? card or unit that is, used cards no work so good, must format,

25-Aug-15
cam was off. cam is 2 years old. All cards have been formated

25-Aug-15
time for a new camera ?

26-Aug-15
You may need to format the card before using it, Some of the cameras actually have a format feature in the menu.

26-Aug-15
Like others have already said - try different cards. Also, be sure that the card isn't too large. If the camera has an 8 gig card capacity and you try a 16 gig, it may cause this issue also.

>>>>-------->

26-Aug-15
What CurveBow said. I used some of my better high speed cards from my SDLR once, and got nothing better errors. Put in the regular cards and perfect.

26-Aug-15
Thanks for the info guys, I have formatted all the cards and used different brands of cards. I will try some brand new cards.

26-Aug-15
inspect portal for card, with a light, battery levels , new battery in wrong,

26-Aug-15
Thanks r man for your suggestions... I think you were right on when you said time for some new cameras.

26-Aug-15
Check the side of the card and make sure that the little slide is in the correct position. It has an on off type switch.

26-Aug-15
I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to using anything technical so please don't laugh too much when I ask this. How does one go about formatting a card?

27-Aug-15
There are two ways that I know of to "Format" a card. The first is in the camera itself. When you go down through the "Set Menu", you will come to a screen that asks you if you want to "erase all images" (formatting)and it will give you a choice of "Yes" or "No". When you click on "Yes", it will erase all images on the card. This card will essentially be "Formatted" for that particular camera. You should always use the same cards in the same camera or so I've been told. I have 2 cards dedicated to each camera that I own and only use those cards in that particular camera. Each time I change out the cards, I do the above "Format" for that card to match that camera.

The second way is to do a "Complete Format" on your computer which will completely clean the card of any digital traces left by a particular camera even though I still keep that those particular cards dedicated to that particular camera. I only do this perhaps a couple time per season. You first open up "My Computer" from you "START" menu on you tool bar. When this opens, (with the card in your reader) you will see your particular card listed in the devices section. 'Right Click" on the card and you will get a drop down menu from that. Toward the bottom of the "Drop Down Menu", you will see "Format". Click on Format and "Uncheck" the option for "Quick Format" and then click on "Start" and that will start the thorough formatting of that card. It will take several minutes usually to complete and you will be notified when the "Formatting Process is Complete".

Hope this helps you out and it should help eliminate card problems down the road if you do this on a regular basis. Do the first step every time you change you cards out and remember to keep your cards dedicated to each particular camera.

27-Aug-15
I have some SD cards where the lock switch as Turk mentions, moves to the lock position when I insert them. They are really loose. Check that when you pull it out & see if it has moved. I use micro SD cars in an adapter, so I can take them out & put them in a new adapter.

27-Aug-15
I actually took the lap top to the cam and plugged in and down loaded , leaving the card alone,

27-Aug-15
Thanks X master for the tutorial(and the spelling lesson). I have tried a brand new card with no luck, I also did a hard reset and had the same result. My cards work in all of my other cams. I am about done with these stealth cams.

• Sitka Gear