25-Aug-15
any bowsiters live around this area ?

25-Aug-15
looking for weather in winter summer etc

25-Aug-15
What do you need I particular ?

Summers awesome Winters not to bad

25-Aug-15
It's cooler in the winter and warmer in the summer Louis.

My wife was reading what I just typed and cracked the back of my head. You've got her looking out for you.

25-Aug-15

Mike Vines's Link

25-Aug-15
Been there lots over the years. I go thru there every summer on my way to Worland, 30 miles north to go catfishing.

Weather is ok I would say. Scenery is ehh... kinda barren, lotsa of russian olives near the bighorn river. The Wind River Canyon is a great place and Boysen Res has some good fishing and fun. It can get real hot in the summer

25-Aug-15
Hot as Hell in the summer. (Of course, this is from someone who lives at 7000'+, so take it with a grain of salt, but seriously, it's HOT every time I've been there in the summer.)

The areas to the west are neat, and up to Cody. Most of the Bighorn Basin is betonite, and not real "attractive". The Bighorns aren't far away, and you just have to follow the campers up the Yellowstone. Wyoming Whiskey is "brewed" nearby. I enjoy the hot springs, but some people don't like the smell.

26-Aug-15
Im looking to relocate NY sucs

26-Aug-15
city, Thermopolis is pretty mild for weather. Can get hot in the Summer but winters usually aren't to bad. They can get a pretty good snow storm once in a while. Not as much wind as say Cody (I know you're familiar with Cody). Pretty small town and getting smaller (one of only a couple towns in Wyoming that lost population in the last census. It's kind of a retirement town with not much industry happening right now. Pretty much have to travel to a bigger town for shopping etc. lots of Bowsiters in Cody. Good fishing in the canyon and close to the area mountains. Housing is probably a drop in the bucket compared to what you're used to. Hope that helps.

26-Aug-15
NY sucks is right.....

26-Aug-15
You would like it city. The weather is good as most of the time and it is located close to some real good hunting and fishing. Hope to see you a resident some day.

26-Aug-15
Vernon its not even for the hunting its to escape from NY

26-Aug-15
Modern day Snake Pliskin.

26-Aug-15
Don't come to Texas Louis, those northern guys don't know what hot is ! It's so hot here in the summer, the horned toads blister..........

26-Aug-15
Steer clear of California. The weather is great but not much else is.

26-Aug-15
That took me a second, Mike V. lol

26-Aug-15
themop is too close to the rez, it limits the directions you can drive to goof off.

Try Greybull.

27-Aug-15
I feel your pain. After saying I was going to leave Illinois for several years, I finally did (last year). Best decision I ever made. Wish I would have done it years ago. I had to wait to age 55 to retire from teaching. Actually got doctors note to get out of my last week of teaching in Illinois so I could move to Wyoming before May 31st. I am now a legal resident and drew a unit 61 elk tag. Actually got my own horses and mule as well. And I am teaching school again in Wyoming. With that being said, I actually went to Thermopolis a few times for coaching, love the area ! I live in Powell and its a great place to live. The first step is the hardest then you will love your decision.

27-Aug-15
And the weather in my opinion is great. Don't have the humidity of the Midwest - summers are great. Winter was "cake" compared to NW Illinois. In Powell the wind not bad at all. Also over 300 days of sunshine a year.

27-Aug-15
Oh......not to mention the fishing is great, atv trails and places galore, great motorcycling roads.....scenery to die for!

But there is the mighty Grizz!

27-Aug-15
bigbear great to hear Powell been thru there many times . Im selfemployed so thats the kicker

27-Aug-15
Man City that sounds like a great move. I'm trying to get my wife to move to Wyoming or Montana. The best I will probably get is northern MN.

27-Aug-15
There is jobs...billings is loaded with jobs.....

27-Aug-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
Im a GC contractor but not sure if i want to continue doing this my clients in NY are hi end pain in the arse type folks the world revolves around them.The hi paced rat race life style is no way to live Quality of life sucs here!!!!

.I think im looking towards buying a hotel.

I will get out west before i kick the bucket !!

27-Aug-15
wrong pic :<

27-Aug-15
Lou,

You must feel like a fish out of water? I am assuming when many in NY find out you bowhun that they think you are some type of ogre or something?

27-Aug-15
Who says he's not an ogre!?!? ;)

--Jim

27-Aug-15
bowfreak for years i lived in NYC in a hi-rise less then 400 yards from David lettermans studio, I would take the elevator with hunting gear and not once did i ever encounter a negative remark esp when u tell the ladies i would eat whatever i caught :> Most NYers are transplants from other parts of the USA that had a some clue about hunting , many were very interested in archery .I since moved my building went condo and at 1.2 million for one bedroom it bounced me out to the burbs its these folks that are out of touch with reality. Its the me world up in these parts . I suggest its a place to see at least once i bet u can do NYC cheaper still then most guided elk hunts lol

I killed a bear less then 60 min from the city ! westchester county years ago entered the first deer into the PY

Jim the eye candy on a NYC summer day can not be touched , the hotter the day the better views !!! Jim i forgot u aint allowed to look :>

27-Aug-15
Well there isn't much eye candy in Thermopolis no matter how hot it gets!!! Quite a bit of GC contractor work in the Cody /Powell area though.

27-Aug-15
Hey jeff maybe shes from the cowboy state who knows who cares .

27-Aug-15

27-Aug-15

u guys might want to move to ny !!!

27-Aug-15

Ny has its own tetons

27-Aug-15
Anybody in need of a guide to navigate this concrete jungle .

27-Aug-15
God Bless America

27-Aug-15

jiM NOT TO WORRY u too can get your picture taken !

27-Aug-15
heck maybe i need to move back into the city !!

27-Aug-15
Thermop may be a bit of a disappointment after those photos.

27-Aug-15
Ahhhh you have to love that latin look. City, maybe two places? I understand the move, but man, WY has absolutely nada for girls. Call it BYOG. There is a reason they filmed BBM there.

Good Luck!

27-Aug-15
caz not true few years ago i ran across a good looking hardcore cow girl mountain women even when she was spitting her chew i found her attractive , but then again i was in the mountains for ten days lol

27-Aug-15
City,

Every once in a while a 350 bull gets killed in an OTC unit with 5 rifle OTC rifle seasons too. HA!

27-Aug-15
awww, hell naw Louis ! Why did you have to corrupt a thread trending toward greatness with pics of naked dudes ? At the very least you could have asked a Bowsiter to pose so that we could have had a better representative of the male of the species !

28-Aug-15
City, you've been in the city way too long! I can just see our Mods reaching for the sensor button!

Mark

• Sitka Gear