Bill in MI 27-Aug-15
Copperman 27-Aug-15
Cheesehead Mike 27-Aug-15
Zbone 27-Aug-15
Cheesehead Mike 27-Aug-15
rick allison 27-Aug-15
Jack Harris 27-Aug-15
26-Aug-15
I am looking at buying a Lone wolf climber. I currently have two summits, but am looking for something a little smaller on my back. The lone wolf looks pretty compact, I'm not worried about the comfort factor I know the Summits will be way more comfortable to hunt in, any comments on the Lone Wolf.

26-Aug-15
I like mine. Have both the hand climber and sit and climb. I use the hand climber upper 99% of the time. Quiet. Stable. Lightweight. You already know about the comfort.

26-Aug-15
I like my hand climber. Can be pretty tough on your fingers but a thin glove helps

26-Aug-15
I have a sit and climb. I like how it carries, flat and compact. I don't really like how it goes up though. It is more work to put up and together once you get to hunting height. It isn't a huge deal, ut I also find it less comfortable than my Summit Vipers and Viper XLT... I think maybe I have too many stands. LOL Good luck, Jay

26-Aug-15
I have a sit and climb. Its my only climber and I bought it off a friend who has WAY too many stands.

Anyway, I bought a hazmore seat for it. Never could get the stock seat correct. I alwasy folded the back down and just sat on it doubled up. Awkward I know. Wasn't terrible. I only climb in the evenings, so I can't say how it is to get together in the dark. I didn't have any problems taking down in the dark.

If jayG is referring to the stabalizer straps, than I agree. They are somewhat a nusiance.

Grips good though, never slipped. Easy to carry, pretty light. If I had more to compare to I would.

26-Aug-15

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I also have 2 Summits and a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb. I rarely use the Summits anymore.

I also put a Hazmore seat on mine and I really like it.

I'm not sure what JayG is referring to when he says it's more work to put up and together at hunting height. The stabilizer straps should be attached and buckled before you start climbing. Once you get to hunting height you just snug up the straps and the stand is good to go and rock solid, it only takes a few seconds.

I bought MOLLE shoulder straps and a hipbelt off of eBay and installed them on mine. It makes long hikes a breeze.

26-Aug-15
X2 with what Mike did. Hazmore seat on mine as well. Great climber, I use the hang ons as well. To each his own, but in my opinion you'll be happy with LW.

DJ

26-Aug-15
Good topic I was debating what to buy with my accumulated cabelas points and was looking at the LW hand climber combo - or just get yet another lock on. I think the climber would add a new dynamic to my hunting. Have not use one since the late 80s and it was a deadly proposition some crappy board with slotted band wires a the strap. How I am not paralyzed today is a miracle, more than once had a few nice rides / sudden drops. Kept me on me on edge. Actually killed my first 5 bow deer with it though. It made the Baker feel '"safe" but I forget manufacturer

26-Aug-15
I tried to cut down on weight last yr and got a hand climber from them, had it 4 weeks, sold it and went back to my summit, sure was light , but very cheaply made. did not feel safe and don't miss it. prefer the summits bar around me. my opinion

26-Aug-15

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Ah found my first and only climber - a TSS. Google is great.

26-Aug-15
LW Sit & Climb w/Summit seat, best of both worlds.

26-Aug-15
Agree about the Hazmore seat, makes the LW way more comfortable. I have owned several climbers and will never own anything but the LW now. Have you considered a set of climbinf sticks and a stand rather than a climber. I have gotten to where I can use 4 LW sticks and a Chippewa stand and be up a tree quicker than any climber and best of all use most any tree. Shawn

26-Aug-15
I still use a 1974 Baker.

26-Aug-15
Have both, prefer my summit. I have Mollie straps and belt one both lw and summit. The summit is a little louder, but more comfortable. The lw hand climber is super quiet but my seat keeps shrinking, not sure how it's doing that but been thinking about buying the sit and stand top just to change it up. Have had lw slip a couple of times but that was due to the tree I picked to climb-pin oak. Summit platform pops in super cold weather viper sd, can't say about the any of the others summit makes.

26-Aug-15
I have summit and others similar and like them way better than lone wolf. The LW has a swing bar. The others have a solid bar. Many times I sit on the padded bar in order to face another direction as I pass time on the stand. Can't do that with the LW. As others have stated, the LW is a great lightweight stand and I use it only when weight is truly a factor (which is rare). The Summit is much more comfortable with it's thick cushion seat and the ability to sit on the padded bar. I bought it from a friend who felt the same way and thought it was worth the weight to carry the more comfortable, versital Summit. I had always wanted a LW, but now that I have one - it rarely comes out of storage. Also I think a heavier stand is actually easier to climb with, seems to be better stabilized (similar to the effect of a heavier stabilizer on a bow?). On the positive side, the LW has never developed a squeak. I've had others squeak in extreme cold temps.

26-Aug-15
Gave my Summit to my son and kept the LW.

26-Aug-15
Lone Wolf Sit and Climb with a Hazmore seat works pretty well for me. Packs flat, quiet, light, comfortable, and easy to set up and take down.

26-Aug-15
I previously owned a summit. been using Lone Wolf for 5 years now and love it.

26-Aug-15
Cheesehead Mike,

That is the bomb!

I need to start using mine again to go try some new stand locations!

Mark

26-Aug-15
You will appreciate your Lone Wolf even more in cold weather. When other stands are squeaking in the cold yours is quiet.

27-Aug-15
Cheesehead Mike - What model of MOLLE straps are yours, MOLLE I, MOLLE II? ...Thanks for sharing...

27-Aug-15

Bill in MI's Link
This is what I use on my 3 LW stands

27-Aug-15
thanks guys

27-Aug-15
Mine are MOLLE II straps.

Glad you guys like the idea. You can also hang a daypack over the back of your stand (the two traction belt "humps" act like shoulders for the pack shoulder straps) and pack all of your clothes and gear. The MOLLE straps and hip belt really turn your stand into a pretty decent pack frame.

27-Aug-15
Thanks Mike...

27-Aug-15

You're welcome Zbone.

At first I bought the MOLLE frame with the straps and just strapped my stand to the frame. It worked well and I still use the frame to pack in some of my hang on stands and climbing sticks on long hikes.

27-Aug-15
Jack...you like the TSS? I've got 2 of em in my garage...for about the last 20 years :^)

27-Aug-15
Rick - NO THANKS... I have a chance to buy a LW Hand Climber II combo for $250 used... may go for it..

• Sitka Gear