Genesis 31-Aug-15
bill brown 31-Aug-15
lewis 31-Aug-15
cityhunter 31-Aug-15
patdel 31-Aug-15
patdel 31-Aug-15
cityhunter 31-Aug-15
26-Aug-15
For those that have and use them for hunting does it really help?

The reason I ask is because on my farm deer seem to be used to my gas ranger and diesel tractor. Lots of time I'll be working on a field and deer are out on the other end feeding. I've even had it happen with bears. Most of the time in the ranger unless I come around a curve and surprise them they will just bound away 20-30 yards and watch me go by., or if I see one bedded they just turn their head and watch me. Now, we never shoot from one and the deer are used to it year round.

What would be advantage of using an electric one to get to stand? Thanks in advance

26-Aug-15
none, for you, sounds like you got thing right, now for another location, why not

26-Aug-15
I drove up on two hogs this morning about daylight in my cart. Only one of them left. Need I say more ?

Actually, the deer don't seem to mind the tractor much, but the Ranger usually makes them leave the field. Hogs will run when they hear it, they won't stay to have visual confirmation like deer will. In the last three weeks, we have killed six hogs from the cart. That ain't gonna happen from anything noisy. As to going to the deer stand, I work on the theory that anything that gets me there quickly, silently, with no sweating, is just gonna be a plus.

26-Aug-15
I do not have one, but spent a week hunting with a guy in WI that did. I can't tell you how many deer we surprised and dang near ran over in that thing. It was an awesome way to get around!

27-Aug-15
I swear by my electric UTV. There is no doubt that it has significantly helped increase daylight movement during the hunting season. I've used both on my farms and there is a difference.

27-Aug-15
Do you golf?

27-Aug-15
i love mine.

a lot of times I leave work. drive 100 yds from my set, go climb up and hunt.

usually I have places set up for this - a good place to park it regarding cover and wind direction.

27-Aug-15
I would love to use one on my property in Iowa but am concerned with how well they hold a charge when the weather turns really cold. I have heard too many comments from people that own them that the range goes down a lot in cold weather...which is not that surprising since that is what nearly all batteries do.

27-Aug-15
I have and used my converted golf cart for 5 years...a poor mans BBB.

My application is in a hunting area about one square mile. We use it right to the end of the archery season here in MN (12/31).

Ther eis no doubt in my mind (and my buddies) of the number of deer we see is signifacntly more and more movement during daylight hours. I wouldn't be without one here in MN. Out west, I couldn't see them making any sense....

IMHO, the lead acid batteries (big and heavy duty) really need to be replaced every 2 (3 at the max) years.

In the summer months, I can get about 25 miles out of a charge. If it is 0 degrees, this would be reduced to about 4 miles (and of course in the winter you are almost always dealing with snow of some depth).

I keep it full of water, plugged in year round. In the winter, I put a "pan heater" on the bottom of it and cloak it in two old packing blankets....not sure to what degree this helps....but my mind perceives it does.

Perception is reality!

Mark

27-Aug-15
Lithium Ion batteries would be the bomb...but if I recall, the last time I checked they are about $675 EACH!

I would not longer have a poor man's BBB at that juncture!

Pat, which one would you get?

Mark

27-Aug-15
My boots work just fine.

27-Aug-15
I've owned two Polaris EV's and though I liked them, I just didn't care for the charge life on mine and went back to gas. (Yes, I broke in the batteries)...If I was going to get another one, it would be a converted golf cart on steroids.

31-Aug-15
The problem with lithium ion batteries is that you will have no warning when they are going to die. They read fully charged until they are fully dead. That would be a big problem. I stopped using them in my trail cameras for that reason.

31-Aug-15
Anyone run the muffler silencer on their UTV?

31-Aug-15
Pat, those batteries are available. As stated, very expensive.

31-Aug-15
Which cart works best for this Lewis

31-Aug-15
no wonder folks waist keep growing .

31-Aug-15
Need? Absolutely not.

31-Aug-15
Need? Absolutely not.

31-Aug-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
save yr coin these suckers are out soon runs on 8 AA talk about silent