Ole Coyote 28-Aug-15
roger 29-Aug-15
bowriter 30-Aug-15
deerman406 30-Aug-15
Thornton 31-Aug-15
Genesis 31-Aug-15
LBshooter 31-Aug-15
27-Aug-15
I've watched the hunting shows and it seems that a lot of guys are using ozonics, looking for some non biased "sponsored" results.

27-Aug-15
Yes, they work as well as Scentlok & Rage broadheads.

27-Aug-15
lmao!!!

27-Aug-15
Do a search as this topic has been hashed out numerous times. You will find all the info and opinions you care to read.

27-Aug-15
I use one for turkey hunting....haven't had one smell me yet!

;-)

27-Aug-15
LOL!!!

27-Aug-15
Hey--don't forget the Thermocell

27-Aug-15
"Hey--don't forget the Thermocell"

Please explain? thermocell works bud

27-Aug-15
Bo, I had already formed a pretty strong negative opinion before I asked the same question a month or so ago but had to ask anyway. Ozonics freely admits that it does emit an odor that's supposed to cover your odor. My thought is if they're gonna smell anything out of the ordinary , any weary buck is gonna beat feet anyway. I do understand your curiosity though, it's easy to get caught up in this scent obsession that's taking the industry by storm but I've been killing deer for a long time and in my early years was in Walmart camo . Save your money , in two years they'll have a lawsuit against them for the negative health effects

27-Aug-15
Thanks Bow junkie, I kinda thought so but I wanted let the boys make some wise ass remarks. We can put this thread to bed.

27-Aug-15
This should be good.

27-Aug-15
Some guys who have it and use it swear it works. A lot of guys who have never used it swear it doesn't. A couple of Sheldon Cooper incarnates will come on and tell you why it does or doesn't work. I wouldn't know but I find it all entertaining.

27-Aug-15
I hunted with one out of a ground blind on a rye field. As long as the deer were upwind it worked great. I wish I could invent something that guys would buy for over $400 a pop. All I would have to do is convince a few guys that it works and I'd be golden. Show some video of some guys hunting unpressured stupid deer that come in and get shot with my contraption strapped to the tree or in the blind. SHOW ME THE MONEY!

27-Aug-15
I will be doing a 5 1/2 month test of Ozonics this fall, also Scent Lok cloths and spraying down. My one and only treestand is completely upwind from most of the deer travel in this backyard spot. There is no other spot for me to hunt on this property so 90% of the deer will be coming into my scent. We shall see what happens starting in 3 weeks. Should be a very interesting fall.

27-Aug-15
If your stand is down wind from where the deer travel then the Ozonics should work pretty darn good I suspect.

27-Aug-15
I went on a hunt in Iowa 2 years ago and the landowner had me use his and I never got busted once. I bought one and haven't been busted yet. I might get busted the next time I use it? IDK I also take all of the usual precautions too.

27-Aug-15
If I had the money to burn, yes I would try it. but not sure I need to lug another maybe item, I have enough gear . trying to lighten the load now.

27-Aug-15
I would say they must work since they are a corporate sponsor of PY .

Gobbler I use nada in Iowa to be honest i find iowa deer dumb at times when it comes to scent.

27-Aug-15
We installed one in the bathroom of our small office and wired it up so when you flip the light, the onzonics turns on too. Secretary is happy now. Now if we could just cut down on the sound. Hunter's Specialties Magnum Cough Muffler?

28-Aug-15
I live in Iowa, own property there, and am out hunting every weekend of the season. I have yet to encounter "dumb" deer. Often it appears that the wind is blowing to the deer when in fact there are updrafts or other changes in the wind direction so that the deer is not getting your scent. Deer in Iowa are a lot more relaxed than in other states because hunting pressure is so much lower.

28-Aug-15
I wish those 2 160s that walked by just out of range had been a little dumber. LOL

28-Aug-15
Bingo!!! Ollie nailed it.

28-Aug-15
When will it end? What happened to playing the wind? Guess I don't NEED to kill a deer bad enough to use some electronics to try and fool them...

28-Aug-15
They work great when the deer is cross wind or up wind. Sorry couldn't resist ozonics users. Lol

To be honest I don't buy anything for scent reduction. Not even scent killer laundry soap. I just use what I use for every day life. I still get close to plenty of animals. I still shoot plenty of animals. Now I have more money to go hunting.

I won't say the stuff doesn't work but its not needed to be successful.

28-Aug-15
110% effective if your downwind from the deer1

29-Aug-15
I sincerely hope that someday they come out with a product that eliminates 100% of all human and foreign odors. And it would be equally great if someone would finally invent a camo that completely obliterates the human form. Only when the deer has been made defenseless through technology will some hunters be truly satisfied.

30-Aug-15
Werks aloust as goode as soawp and wadder.

30-Aug-15
Read the science guys, It will help greatly in a blind but out where there is any wind it will not work. It does remove odors from clothing and gear. I have an industrial Ozone machine, that treat an area of around 2500 sq. ft. I use it to kill any odor on my hunting fear and clothes. The hotel and motel industry has used them for years to remove odors from rooms. Car prep and rental car companies use them to remove odors from cars. I also use mine to rid the house of pet odors. There is no arguing that ozone does work just not the way it is applied to these ozonic machines. It also can be dangerous in high concentrations and must be used with caution, a unit like mine costs around a grand and puts out 10 times or more the anount of ozone than an ozonics unit. I believe in a blind they will no doubt help but again as Pat said they are noisy and that would bother me. Shawn

31-Aug-15
This gimmick will be history in a few years.

31-Aug-15
Some days ain't made for huntin'.....

31-Aug-15
If you buy it, it will work!!

• Sitka Gear