climb.on 28-Aug-15
carcus 28-Aug-15
Fulldraw1972 28-Aug-15
ohiohunter 28-Aug-15
climb.on 28-Aug-15
Bowfreak 28-Aug-15
climb.on 29-Aug-15
27-Aug-15
My practice arrow numbers have dwindled down and it's time to start thinking about a new set. I know all the numbers/spec of my rig, but I don't know how things are effected when something is changed. I stopped into a pro shop today and left more confused than when I arrived. Hoping you can guys can give me a specific arrow or two I should consider based on my setup.

-62# Elite Energy 32 -QAD drop-away rest -Bow speed is 280 -Current arrows are Behman ICS Hunter 400's (8.4gpi) 397 grains (w/ 100g points) and 28-3/4" long. Seems like these have changed since I bought my last pack a couple years ago. The pro shop guy wasn't too high on them for some reason.

At this time, I only hunt deer with my bow. Although, I can see the possibly of a black bear hunt next year. And or course target practice in my back yard. I have got pretty comfortable shooting out to 50 yards and would take a shot on an animal at that distance if the conditions were just right. I would like to improve that though. I practice out to 60.

I'm happy with the durability of Behman Hunters over the past 4-5 years, but it's all I've ever shot. I don't know anything else. I'm pretty clueless on all the options out there..no idea why I would I choose a heavier Easton FMJ vs say the lighter Easton Axis.

Suggestions?

27-Aug-15
I love fmjs. Zero complaints with them. Quiets the bow down even more and increased penetration for me

27-Aug-15
Cabelas Stalker Extreme. They are Beman ICS hunters... I bought a dozen shafts and fletched my own... Why spend all that money when these shoot as good or better than any GT or CX arrow I own? Just my two cents, you can certainly spend a lot more but although I can afford them, I can't see spending more on them...

27-Aug-15
Easton fmj if your not a speed fan. Hit hard and great penetration.

27-Aug-15
Love my fmjs for my chill x and carbon spyder but with my elite I shoot the carbon express maxima blue streak rzs. Best shooting arrow out of the elite out of all that I've tried. My buddy also has an elite and just switched and immediately tightened his groups

27-Aug-15
try 125g point, see what you think, I always liked Beman

28-Aug-15
If your just hunting deer stay with the lighter arrows, fmj's will slow that bow down considerably, I used 8.2gr per inch arrows for years on deer and black bears, they worked great, now that I only hunt the big forest areas and not farm land my long shots are 30 yards so I just stick with my elk and moose arrows which are fmj's 470gr finished arrow

28-Aug-15
Thanks guys. I'm not a speed freak, but I'm not sure what the advantage is to move to a heavier FMJ for the type of hunting I do. Durability I suppose? I would like to try to get a little more accuracy at longer distances, but I'm also not real sure that a lighter arrow will help me do that either?

28-Aug-15
I've shot better at longer distances with a lighter arrow

28-Aug-15
I like the gold tip Kinetic shaft myself.

28-Aug-15
What kind of distances and what kind of hunting? If you're shooting a long ways I'd search for a decently weighted 0.001 and run at least 125 up front.

28-Aug-15
"What kind of distances and what kind of hunting? If you're shooting a long ways I'd search for a decently weighted 0.001 and run at least 125 up front."

Like I said, I'm pretty comfortable to 50, but things could always be better. I hunt whitetail from a stand in MN and spot & stalk mule deer in SD. Possibly a black bear hunt next year.

Thinking about a Easton Hexx with a 50 grain insert and keep with my 100g broadheads. Looks like I am right on the line between 340 and 400...not sure which way to go.

28-Aug-15
Get the 330 if you like the Hexx. The Hexx has great tolerances and would be a perfect arrow for what you are looking for. You will be happier with the 330 spine if you are the heavy inserts up front.

29-Aug-15
I'm going with the Easton Hexx 330 with a 125 grain broadhead. No inserts.

• Sitka Gear