Alexis Desjardins 08-Sep-15
SteveB 09-Sep-15
grape 10-Sep-15
TREESTANDWOLF 10-Sep-15
JackPine Acres 10-Sep-15
27-Aug-15

Alexis Desjardins's embedded Photo
My good Friend Greg Miller is coming back sunday for a fall bear hunt,we have a couple baits going the berries are ripe she maybe a tough week baiting bears. He is still looking for a giant him and his wife were here this spring she harvested a colored bear he passed on the bears he wants a good one, Here is a few pics from last night on one bait, we have four baits going two were hit hard two were not hit at all last night.

27-Aug-15

Another on the same bait.

27-Aug-15

This bait is on our property there was 80 acres of oats on it that we cuts for silage, there was up to nine bear I counted in the oats up to last week the oats is gone and the bear are too this what hit the bait last night a few of these. They know the bait is there there busy in the berries we will see if they come back.

27-Aug-15

Here is a couple small bucks on the property we will give them a couple more years anyway if they live through the neighbours hunting season, there should be a few big ones around they generaly start coming out of the park after the big frosts.

28-Aug-15
Good luck taking a great bear!

28-Aug-15
Looking forward to following this thread, Good luck to all!

28-Aug-15
Good luck I hope you both are successful be great to see you both kill one especially your friend he deserves a monster nice looking bear in the pics all shooters from the looks of them good luck

28-Aug-15
This is Grape's wife. I hunted at the DesJardins in the spring. Alexis referred to me as the lady hunter. I want to let everyone know how professionally and friendly I was treated as a woman hunter. There was not a moment I felt I was being treated differently than any other hunter.

April DesJardins takes care of dinners and welcoming hunters back to the homestead. She has become a great friend. A person couldn't ask for a more gracious family to be welcomed into.

This is definitely the place for a female hunter to bear hunt in Canada!!! I can't wait to get back next spring and am a bit jealous that I can't be up there this week with Grape.

28-Aug-15
This is Grape's wife. I hunted at the DesJardins in the spring. Alexis referred to me as the lady hunter. I want to let everyone know how professionally and friendly I was treated as a woman hunter. There was not a moment I felt I was being treated differently than any other hunter.

April DesJardins takes care of dinners and welcoming hunters back to the homestead. She has become a great friend. A person couldn't ask for a more gracious family to be welcomed into.

This is definitely the place for a female hunter to bear hunt in Canada!!! I can't wait to get back next spring and am a bit jealous that I can't be up there this week with Grape.

28-Aug-15

Thanks Joanne for the kind words, we are also thankful for crossing paths with you good people we will see you in the spring. Thanks guys we will do our best to get Greg a good bear looks like a good week weather wise coming up.

31-Aug-15

Greg made it here yesterday safe and sound we are having breakfast go and check a few baits to see where to sit tonight. the bear activity is slow there after the natural goodies right now we will see what happens tonight.

31-Aug-15

I do too Scoot he is checking things out here. we had some rain this morning but sunny and hot right now Grape pulled out the turmo cells out last night the skeeters were bad they disappeared in a hurry , I don't think there that healthy for us the way they kill skeeters in a building.

01-Sep-15

Here we were waiting in the stand last night Greg is going to use Muzzle loader instead of bow in case one hangs out of range. We seen 4 bear they were from 150 to 300 we estimated some respectable bears the three bigger ones were in at the same time.

01-Sep-15

Here is number one bear small.

01-Sep-15

This was number 2 bear its around 250 275 range we figure.

01-Sep-15

This is number 3 he is a good 300 he maybe in trouble at the end of the week.

01-Sep-15

The three biggest ones were there at the same time but just got two on pic.

01-Sep-15

Heres a few on other baits

01-Sep-15

01-Sep-15

01-Sep-15

01-Sep-15

Till tomorrow we are headed back to the bear woods.

01-Sep-15

We are up in the stand same spot as last night, we have 4 baits going they all had bear in the daylight in the last 24 hours we are using the secret weapon.

01-Sep-15

Three bear so far one nice chocolate

01-Sep-15
Amazing how much different everything looks in the fall. Hope you get a big one. Good luck tonite!!

01-Sep-15

Thanks Joe it's exciting no 5 so far Greg says you know what's good about this I say what everything lol.

02-Sep-15

The chocolate just about got it last night Greg was tempted it had a v on it but he passed, tthere is 2 good ones that showed up on Aprils bait last night one nice brown and black in the 300 range, we have some more baits to check it will be hard to decide where to sit tonight.

02-Sep-15

This brown just showed in the night good chance he will show tonight before dark.

02-Sep-15

We are in a different stand tonight a good one showed last night 8:30 nothing yet

02-Sep-15
we got skunked tonight not even a squirrel we will see what tommorow brings.

02-Sep-15
Alex, is it hot (temperature) there like it is here in Vermilion Bay??

03-Sep-15
spike she was 33 Celsius yesterday stinking hot how are you making out hot there too?

03-Sep-15
It's quite hot for this time of year. Went from 7 celcius early last week to low 30's this week.

Good luck on your season!!

04-Sep-15

night four we were back at our first bait we seen five blacks 4 of them we seen the first two nights, We had another 300 plus in front of us beautiful bear we hadn't seen not what we are looking for. it's raining this morning we will give her a try again tonight.

04-Sep-15
Great pics. must be nice to pass a 300# plus bear! I really like the above pic of the bear on 9-01 at 14:20 on the bushnell camera. That is a big bear at least to me anyway! Keep it coming! Shawn

04-Sep-15
I'd sure take that one Alexis! Good luck to you guys tonight!

04-Sep-15

yes Shawn he was a dandy we waited one night he never showed that's hunting there after oak nuts right now they are hard to bait.

05-Sep-15

Night five rain off and on we seen three regulars kept us entertained all night,the biggest around the 250 weight this one he may take tonight he took an extention on his hunt.

05-Sep-15

Different stand tonight lots of action last night.

05-Sep-15
Different stand tonight lots of action last night.

05-Sep-15
one small chocolate so far raining.

05-Sep-15

05-Sep-15
it's Grapes fourth trip to Canada for bear this year here in spring then went to Saskatchewan then Ontario mid August then back here end of August do you think he likes bear hunting.

06-Sep-15

Grapes back up in the stand tonight day 7 I took the night off hope he gets what hes looking for.

06-Sep-15

I think he is going to try tomorrow night again if tonight he doesn't take one its a beautiful night in Manitoba.

07-Sep-15

grape seen 7 different bear last night 2 around the 300 range looking for the right one its his last night hoping the one hes looking for comes in. She is sunny in Manitoba this morning 13 celcius. Everyone have a good Godly day.

07-Sep-15
Good luck tonight Grape! Today is the day!

07-Sep-15
he is up in the stand on Aprils bait a giant chocolate showed up there last night 7 o'clock he was still there this morning, and a giant black in the night hoping for a good outcome.

07-Sep-15

This is the one Grape is waiting for tonight I would like to see him on our skinning table.

08-Sep-15

Grape got it done last night took a nice chocolate 225 lbs we had a great 8 days hunting was nice to have camped with him got to know each other a little better.

08-Sep-15
There's probably a lot of us who've been watching this thread the past week and are very happy to see your efforts bear fruit, no pun intended. 8~) Congrats to both of you for your persistance and on a great bear as well!

08-Sep-15
Grape hunted hard seen some good bear and killed a nice one, the Giants had the luck on there side on this hunt maybe not next time Grape comes to Manitoba it maybe one of them on the table for he is a good hunter and persistent and one of the best Guys you could share camp with. Thanks Guys

09-Sep-15
Way to get it done!

10-Sep-15
Thanks to all for the kind messages in this thread. I would like to thank Alexis and April for an outstanding time in their beautiful Manitoba. This a Bear hunter's paradise. We ended up with a beautiful chocolate bear the last night. The giants were there, but they stayed away from us at the right times.....for now. We will be back as soon as next spring....if anyone needs information on this place.....love to talk bears! Greg Miller 920-846-3961

10-Sep-15
Nice job guys!

10-Sep-15
I can tell by your phone number that you are from Wisconsin as well. My friend and I hunted with Alex's nephew last week and we can't wait to get back. Unfortunately we have to wait until 2017.

Go Badgers and Packers! :)

• Sitka Gear