mnbowhunter 28-Aug-15
Will 28-Aug-15
Bull-Tipper 28-Aug-15
HuntEasy 28-Aug-15
TMA1010 28-Aug-15
Bigdan 28-Aug-15
idahoghost 28-Aug-15
28-Aug-15
I am going on a guided CO elk hunt in 2 weeks. Last year I let the guide take care of all of the calling but I did spend a couple sits around water holes with a cow call. Was thinking of taking a Bugle call along with me this year.

Does anyone have any suggestions on an easy Bugle call. Not big on using a reed type call and I only have a short time to get good at calling.

What else is there?

TIA

28-Aug-15
power bugle by ELK is easy and straight forward

I also have a small Primos pack bugle which is easy

Do you turkey hunt? If you use a turkey diaphragm, you are most of the way to making basic bugles

28-Aug-15
Thunder bugle by far and it even sounds like an elk

28-Aug-15
The Hunter's Specialties Mac Daddy is about as easy as it gets. Just blow through it and push the button, and you can make a decent bugle. It's so easy to use that I think people often overdo it, so I'd try to be aware of that and take it easy. I'd get the regular Mac Daddy too rather than the one with the expandable tube. The tube on the regular one fits easily around under your arm and doesn't flop around as much as the accordion one does. Good luck.

28-Aug-15
x2 On Dans

28-Aug-15
X3 on Big Dan. It got the job done for me last year in CO.

28-Aug-15
Thanks,

Just bought the Thunder Bugle

28-Aug-15
The Berry reeds are also great reeds. Often under appreciated in my opinion. I can blow these reeds well but struggle hitting certain notes and getting the volumes i like from other reeds. Guess they just fit me better I guess. I hope you enjoy you bugle.

28-Aug-15
X4 I'm with dan. Trying a mouth reed was not good. Lol.that thunder bugle is easy to use

28-Aug-15
Just 9 work days left until we fly out to Denver.

If it is 1/2 as good as last year I will not be disappointed.

28-Aug-15
I'm partial to my Abe & Sons but do like my Thunder Bugle.

28-Aug-15
Thanks to Cityhunter I'll be using the Berry Thunder Bull and this beginner may actually sound like an elk. Love how easy it is.

28-Aug-15
If you are going to use the thunder bugle you need to have your mind made up on frontal shots. Last year we had 2 bulls inside of 10 yards coming on a string straight to us. I'm not sure I've had a more heart pounding time hunting than having a bull come in and start screaming at us. They seem really big when you are kneeled down on the ground. :)

28-Aug-15
Make sure you get extra reeds for it. I like the white one best.

28-Aug-15
Elknut has a new one on the market that's the best I have ever heard of owned. You may want to check it out.

• Sitka Gear