WV Mountaineer 31-Aug-15
Mike Vines 01-Sep-15
BoHunter 01-Sep-15
Buffalo1 01-Sep-15
Buffalo1 01-Sep-15
BoHunter 01-Sep-15
willliamtell 01-Sep-15
28-Aug-15
Delta, American, United have decided not to fly trophy's back to the states, so why should we give them our money to fly to Africa? My suggestion is to support South African Airways as they (thru pressure form the outfitters in SA) will fly our trophy's back, just sayin

28-Aug-15
Delta has been an animal rights activist group as long as I can remember. 15 years ago I would fly dogs across the U.S. and their regulations were the worst. Politics has entered every aspect of our lives wether we want it or not. It is time that people start giving their money only to outfits that support your views, if there is an option.

28-Aug-15
I'm a Southwester whenever possible and go out of my way to tell employees they are the most hunting friendly and that's why they have my business.

28-Aug-15
hooch08,

I agree I had a great experience. I was returing from Texas with Addax meat. I ended up with an 8 hour layover but in talking to the gate attendent she made arrangements to pu the meat into a freezer then made sure it made my flight.

Only problem with southwest is i hate the boarding procedures and they dont fly enough places.

28-Aug-15
Love SWA, but they don't fly to Africa

28-Aug-15
Haha funny boycott lol u and the few others wont put a dent into this one pick your battles UPS is coming under fire from the antis to stop the import of African game .. UPS wont give in only because then they would have to give into all others with request .

99.9 american hunters will never go to africa this is not there war.

28-Aug-15
I stopped flying United about 20 years ago due to a smart a$$ agent at the Montrose, CO airport. She charged me an oversize baggage fee even-though she acknowledged that it was not oversized nor overweight - she said it was simply because it was a duffle bag. She would not answer when I asked if she would apply the same "rule" for active duty military. There was no doubt in my mind that it was because she knew I was there on a hunting trip. Additionally, corporate would not do anything about it when i wrote a letter of complaint. They got $50 that one time but have lost thousands of $ over the years as I fly a lot for business (including 3 or 4 trips per year to China).

28-Aug-15
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If somebody can come up with the CEO oontact info for Delta, American, and United, and a bunch of us wrote to them explaining why they are a-holes and we're telling all our friends, that might get a little attention. Bottom line is there are a lot more aunties than us, and whacking Cecil didn't help.

28-Aug-15
BoHunter,

When your boss tells you to be in a certain location at a certain time to represent and conduct business for your employer and your 3 best options are either Delta, American or United - how do you explain your airline boycott to your boss?

28-Aug-15
You don't explain. You go with the best price and most convenient. The airlines makeover people happy with this then mad. It's business

28-Aug-15
Less than 5% of the US population ,14 million people a year, hunt. The majority are small game hunters and you can be sure less than 5% of the 5% of hunters fly to do it Let's show those airline bastards what power we really have

28-Aug-15
The airlines could care less about a hunter boycott. They are all flying mostly full flights right now anyways. I've been delayed, missed flights, lost baggage and had canceled flights 7 or 8 times this year alone from all the carriers and you get zero satisfaction from any of them when you bitch. Only good thing to come of it was being stuck in Palm Beach an extra 5 days back in January and not being able to get back home to frozen Northern Michigan, That was rough.

28-Aug-15
I agree, your business, my business, and all the other bowhunters who travel in the US make no difference to the airlines. Besides, cutting off your nose to spite your face is not a great policy either, If I boycott those 3 airlines I will be putting a lot of miles on my truck and estimating 2x the costs for missed work, just can't afford it.

I too try to fly Southwest as much as possible, but I bet they are only an option for about 15-20% of my travel.

We should focus our efforts on positions that we can make a difference in, and unfortunately this is not one of those places in my opinion.

--Jim

28-Aug-15
No

28-Aug-15
I will show them this fall. I will book a flight so I can fly back and to hunt whitetails in November. Take that Delta a hunter is booking a flight. Oh wait they probably won't even know I am a hunter. If it was one airline and we hunters were united and stopped all out flights with this airline. I could see maybe it working. But we are not united and there are what 3 airlines.

28-Aug-15
My comment/question was sarcasm. Boycott sounds good, but then reality sets in and takes precedence. Boss doesn't care about boycott and neither does airline. Business rules !!

28-Aug-15
Seriuosly guys this applies to the big five and a few others and I doubt these three airlines fly more than a few % of trophies back so it's a merely a political statement that has little to with nothing. You boycotting it has less to do with anything. Your time is better spent writing a check to SCI or NRA whether you 100% agree with their stance or not.

29-Aug-15
Unless you tell them EXACTLY why you booked with another carrier they have no idea you are boycotting anything.

Simply refusing to fly with them does nothing.

However booking with a carrier who is not swayed by essentially a cult flexing what political power they have... THEN emailing or whatever a copy of your confirmation with your chosen carrier with the explanation as to why you, your family, your business and anyone you know will NOT fly with them until they lift their social/politically based harassment of legal, moral and ethical hunters that you support.... they will never see a dime of any of your, your family, your friends or your business's money....until that changes.... that may have an effect.

Hard to boycott/protest when the people you a boycotting/protesting haven't a clue as to what is going on.

Yes. If at all possible I will support those who support hunting and sportsmen WORLD WIDE, even if they are only .01% of hunters. It is more important to me than my miles program or saving a few dollars. But it's a wasted effort unless it's stuffed in their faces that their political stances will cost them both LIFELONG customers, bad word of mouth and money. This goes for more than airlines.

They will be like the despots of Zimbabwe themselves. A public statement they are stopping big game hunting.... then with no fanfare, opening up the back gates to whatever hunting you want as long as the check clears.....

29-Aug-15
The airlines might not know why I don't fly them, but I will know, and that's worth something to me.

29-Aug-15
Screw this how come when my bow got lost for 3 days by united i was screaming lets BAN THEM HAHA nobody had my back lol .

29-Aug-15
Louis I held to it I haven't flown with united since. But then I haven't flown much at all the last 3 years either. Lol

29-Aug-15
You may decide not to fly on them, but as long as you receive mail or packages, and many other consumer goods, you're still supporting them.

29-Aug-15
I cant spread my battles to thin im still at war with Quebec but talks of a truce are in the wrks LOL

Mike thanks !!!!

29-Aug-15
Richard is softening you up. That is great Lou

29-Aug-15
Though you guys are correct that as as a small population we will not likely do much to hinder their thoughts, but at least BoHunter is trying to come up with something. Other than TD, everyone seems to be ridiculing the OP without any thoughts of there own of how to accomplish our goals.

Also, many have repeated how such a small percentage of the general population are hunters. Someone mentioned 14 million. From that, I have concluded that every hunter in the country must follow me around wherever I happen to be hunting.

I do understand we are a small portion of the population, but it is hard to believe that when you are in a hunting area and everybody and their brother, mother, dad and sister is hunting around you.

31-Aug-15
Some of you missed the point, This is an African forum, My suggestion was to not fly them to Africa and support South African Airways as they will fly your trophy's back.

31-Aug-15
BoHunter

Have you ever hunted Africa ?

31-Aug-15
Heck, lets just stay quiet and play along without voicing our opinion. That sounds like the last election. Went well didn't it?

I don't fly a lot. But, when I do, it won't be on United, Delta, or AA anymore. God Bless

01-Sep-15
The Anti's will see this as a small victory. Nobody complaining to the top of the 3 mentioned here, will lead to no change.

Now that they have "Won" this little battle, wait till the Anti's pressure the same corporations to not fly back trophies from Alaska, out west or even Canada.

Don't think it could happen? Who could of guessed the killing of a lion would lead to all of this?

Speak up to those that matter, or suffer the consequences of being a sheep.

01-Sep-15
Buffalo1, yes 7 times, why do you ask?

WV Mountaineer and Mike Vines, great comments!!!

01-Sep-15
BoHunter,

The reason I am asking is that I would be interested in your comments on the convenience, airline service and connections for your flights on you last 7 times to Africa. What airlines have you had experience with and how would you rate them?

I have had experience with SSA, Air Namibia and Delta. SSA has been my worst service experiences of the three. Delta has been by far the best service and convenience for connection to my destinations in Africa.

Thanks,

01-Sep-15
Last week SCI sent template letters to members requesting that members send a letter to each of the heads of the airlines that are banning the shipment of cargo. I wonder how many SCI members have responded to the and followed up with the SCI request?

01-Sep-15
I've flown everyone of them but Delta plus Cathy Pacific, but I use FF Miles and go Business Class so my experience is going to be different.

01-Sep-15
BTW, just flew Southwest instead of United. Came back with dead critter too. Flexing the ole political muscles.

• Sitka Gear