sureshot 09-Sep-15
deerman406 09-Sep-15
greg simon 09-Sep-15
Eferry20 09-Sep-15
'Ike' (Phone) 09-Sep-15
Tilzbow 10-Sep-15
Matt 10-Sep-15
09-Sep-15
With some of us headed out soon I'm hoping someone has some pictures to post showing skeletal and internal organ cut outs on moose.

09-Sep-15
I was hoping BB would be so kind.

09-Sep-15

sbschindler's embedded Photo

09-Sep-15

09-Sep-15

09-Sep-15

09-Sep-15
My question would be if you have a moose quartering to you is it safe to take the shoulder shot? Shooting 180 grain 300wsm. Obviously broadside is best but if that's all you have can you drop the bull or will it go threw the shoulder? Any input thanks

09-Sep-15
Efery20, I think the type of bullet would determine whether it would penetrate the shoulder or not.

09-Sep-15
Agreed on bullet but a good bonded bullet would get it done. That said I would just wait them out for a better angle. They have huge vitals and I have seen them killed with trad bows and heavy arrows as light as 48#s. I also watched a guy shooting an old cap and ball Hawkens .50 caliber bounce a ball off one of their huge ribs at 100 yards. You can actually see the shot on his video. He hets another shot quartering away and kills the bull. Later when gutting the bull he has video of where the ball struck the rib, it cracked it but was obvious the ball bounced off. Shawn

09-Sep-15
With the type bullet you should be shooting at moose a quartering to shot would be good. I prefer it to broadside with a rifle, break one shoulder then into heart/lung area, puts the animal down fast if not immediately. Just have to use enough gun and the right bullet. With a bow on a moose quartering to, wait for him to turn!

09-Sep-15
I'm shooting federal 180 grain trophy bonded tip. I went in 2013 and never got a shot on a bull. I'm going to be patient for a good shot but it I have to I'd hate to go home empty if I have one coming quartering. Thanks for the advice.

09-Sep-15

'Ike' (Phone)'s Link
Here's another thread with BB info...

10-Sep-15
Perfect, thanks guys!

10-Sep-15
The thing about moose is the hump, so for shot placement you need to think about coming up x" from the bottom line rather than shooting ~1/2 way up the body as that will be too high.

• Sitka Gear