QQ Archery 25-Sep-15
Lucas 26-Sep-15
bghunter 26-Sep-15
BoggsBowhunts 26-Sep-15
bghunter 27-Sep-15
Chaseasl 28-Sep-15
bghunter 28-Sep-15
25-Sep-15
Well I was back in Florida again, and had another great time with Florida Bowfishing. Ed is a great guy and this was my 5th trip with him.

We had set up a shark fishing trip for a few hours and then a mantaee swim the next day. We caught 8 sharks, two sea trout an angle fish and some sort of catfish,

THe sharks with black tip and black nose nothing big, I Would say the big one went 4 feet. We had a couple monsters that hit the baits, but they snapped the line.

Well I got a bug up my butt and couldnt sit around the next night so I asked Ed what we could figure out. He mentioned some gar bowfishing and I was hooked.

25-Sep-15
The weather was not great as the little bit of wind we had was stirring up the water, however we were seeing a few mullet, some of the most massive sheepshead I have ever seen and finally got on a gar.

GAr was in crystal clear water and about 5 feet down. How I made the shot I dont know but hit him. However after a couple shakes of the arrow he got off.

I was bummed, as this was the first gar I had ever had a shot at, not many in WI.

Oh well ED was not one to give up. We pulled up and went to a new spot across from where we were.

25-Sep-15
We pulled into the new spot turned on the lights and in about 2 min a massive spotted longnose gar was right off the bow of the boat on the surface about 3 feet away. Heck even I couldnt miss this one.

SHot felt good and before you know it off goes the line peeling off the AMS retriver. Ed didnt think I hit it as he didnt want to say anything about how big the fish was as he knew I ha my heart set on one.

Well Ed and I coordianted things and got the fish up to the boat. He was chasing the gar with the boat and trying to get another bow ready to get an arrow in the gar. Which was a good thing gar got to boat ED nailed him and pop the first arrow came out. Lucky that second one sank in good.

Ed wanted me to get another arrow in so I just plaved the arrow on the rest awithout reelign line in. Well I was so excited I forgot how to shoot a bow and basically pulled back and pushed the arrow forward without releasing the arrow hitting his boat. OOPS well good part was no harm no foul.

Loaded the arrow again shot and well lets be honest, I missed again. I can left now but man I felt like an idiot. 3rd time a charm sunk the arrow and we got the fish on board.

25-Sep-15

bghunter's embedded Photo

25-Sep-15

25-Sep-15
I can highly reccomend Ed and Florida bowfishing so if anyone wants any information let me know.

25-Sep-15
Only problem now, is I want to chase an alligator gar. Anyone know a good guide ??

25-Sep-15
wow , what a beautifully fish , congrats , as for a alligator gar ,check out in the il area they have some nice ones ,con grades again

26-Sep-15
Gar Guys

26-Sep-15
Thanks. I was shocked at the color of the fish too, will make a great mount.

I heard of gar guys, I will check them out.

26-Sep-15
Buddy of mine killed a 215 pounder on Trinity River, it would be the first place I looked if I was you!

27-Sep-15
From all checking looks like texas is the spot. I know they have some in lousianna, but seems best Chance for a good size one is texas.

I am shocked at prices I am finding, but I know this is almost like hunting real gators so I will see what I can find

28-Sep-15
Looks like fun

28-Sep-15
it is I would give it a shot if you never have it is addctive.

• Sitka Gear