orionsbrother 28-Sep-16
OkieJ 28-Sep-16
GhostBird 29-Sep-16
Bou'bound 30-Sep-16
Patron 30-Sep-16
XMan 03-Oct-16
Jaquomo 03-Oct-16
30-Sep-15
I know it's a long shot, but hey, it can't hurt to get the word out. We spent last week at elk camp off of Divide Road (402) south of Grand Junction, Colorado. At about 10:30 one night a couple of ATV's pulled into camp. After a day of hiking -fat man, flatlander style - we were all out cold. We wake up to a couple of drunk sounding, young sounding guys asking if we were partying. One of the guys in camp told them "no, we're going to bed". They replied that "a camp with a flag saying Chillin' The Most should be partying". As they drove out, I heard a noise and found that they had grabbed our "Chillin' The Most Flag" off of it's stand and taken it. We grabbed the truck keys and tried to follow but lost them (which is probably good for them at this point).

The flag is a huge 12' tall or so banner flag custom designed as our camp flag. For years we said our camp set-up was perfect, all we need was a big flag flying saying "Chillin' The Most".....so we finally had one.

The only people camping in the area were other hunters, so we're 99% sure it was someone hunting archery elk. Hopefully someone here knows something or if anyone is on other forums maybe someone out there knows where it went. I have a Cabela's gift card for information that gets the flag returned ( it's not the $$ as much as the meaning). I'll double it for the return of the flag and the identy of the thief/thiefs so that I can have a little fun retaliation.

Thanks in advance for passing the word on.

30-Sep-15
That sucks! Hope you get your flag back!

30-Sep-15
Totally sucks! Good luck and keep us posted.

30-Sep-15
That sucks, and sounds like a cool flag!

30-Sep-15
I hope you find them and get your flag bag. God Bless

30-Sep-15
I hope you get them both back.

30-Sep-15
Wow...I never stay up until 10:30. pretty ballsy. I'd love the bowsite to catch'em for you.

30-Sep-15
I'd go to every forum I could think of and cut and paste what you have here - as well as all the state forums.

Good luck.

30-Sep-15
Sorry for your loss. Looks like they won the game of capture the flag. Hope you find them.

30-Sep-15
Do you have a pic of the flag you can post?

Well, it's not like they stole something else that's got a lot of look-alikes out there. If the drunk punks are dumb enough to fly it elsewhere, bowsiters will keep an eye out.

30-Sep-15
I have a suspect. Bob Ritchie. From Detroit, Michigan. Wears a big fur coat, no shirt and a pimp hat with a feather in it. He's currently rockn that bit%& up and down the coast.

30-Sep-15
If I had to guess, I'd guess it was along some trail or road where they ditched it. No reason to have it, can't fly it, bad deal to get caught with it. But all the more reason to get word out in case somebody finds it and a picture or something wouldn't hurt either.

When did there come to be so many a-holes running around just trying to make trouble? No respect for others. I've read it in other threads too.... guys trying to jump ahead of other hunters when they know the other were there first. Screwing up others hunts on purpose. I just don't get it. Why be an a-hole? To show they world you're a Class A Jerk in case they didn't get it already?

The stupidity boggles the mind....

30-Sep-15
I hate thieves.

But I can already predict what's going to happen.

You guys are going to replace your flag. You'll be in elk camp next year minding your own business. Some Bowsiters will see your flag.

They'll show up in your camp, accuse you of stealing your flag, tell you to shut up with your BS, hit you with sticks, piss under the fly of your tent and take your flag.

A week later, you'll get a PM informing you that they got your flag back from a group of d-bags and asking where to send it to you.

30-Sep-15
Hence the reason my sig 45 stays on my hip at all times. Not worth shooting them over but watching them s@&t themselves is always fun. There's nothing in this world I hate more than punks and thieves.good luck with your flag and I'll be sure to tell everyone I know that's going to Colorado this year.

01-Oct-15
LOL@ orion!!!

01-Oct-15
Orion

Can totally see that happening....funny as heck

"Ya, we really kicked their a$$es!!"

01-Oct-15
Orion: Total classic!

01-Oct-15

huntnhd's embedded Photo
huntnhd's embedded Photo

01-Oct-15

01-Oct-15
Thanks for the intel on the man from Rock City. That was our #1 thought too.

We scanned the edges of the trails thinking the same thing and also tried to bait them back to get the base as well. There were quite a few groups from fairly far away. I'd guess they'd be ballsy enough to fly it at home....North Dakota, Michigan.....

Thanks for keeping an eye out.

01-Oct-15
LMAO @ Orion

01-Oct-15
I had no idea it was the "in thing" to fly a flag at elk camp. I am so out of it these days. Of course I have never hunted elk so that should explain my ignorance of this custom.

I'm not sure I want to participate in this elk hunting thing if I must fly a flag, although I am a patriot so I could possibly fly "Old Glory". Would Old Glory be acceptable? Even in Colorado? Hmmmm. Who knew hunting would become so, fashionable! Mike

01-Oct-15
Lol, patdel! I think Kid would be proud of that flag!

01-Oct-15
good one, Patdel

01-Oct-15

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I got a picture as they came by my camp but I was too busy guarding my flag to get yours back.

01-Oct-15
This is now a banner in some young kids party house. You play capture the flag better leave someone awake to guard it...

PS. Thieves suck.

01-Oct-15
It really started out as a joke, then became a marker at the lake to know which site to point a boat into. It really just became our "thing" and made it easy for those arriving at different times into camp to know where we were. Thanks for making me laugh about being p!ssed :)

01-Oct-15
I remember Bigdan telling me a story about thieves taking a whole elk they had hanging in camp.

Ripoff bastages. Hope there karma catches up to them someday.

01-Oct-15
First it was plain wrong for someone to steal something that did not belong to them and I hope you get it back.

Second...... if I needed a flag to tell others which camp I was at, I would be looking for a new place to hunt, because that would be just too many people hanging around in the places I like to hunt. But I hunt solo and two is getting to be a crowd and three is just too many to hunt with for me so I don't really need a flag to tell nobody where I am not.

01-Oct-15
I know a lot of college kids in grand junction..... I'll ask around.

02-Oct-15
That is a hip looking flag and 100% identifiable. I'm guessing they didn't toss it - some lowlife will want his trophy. Bet they have no idea (how many bowsiters are there?) will be looking out for it. Just in case, if you do replace it, no red.

28-Sep-16
Seems like if your going to fly a flag that says chillin the most, you would have gotten up and had a drink or two with these guys!!

28-Sep-16
Wow Patron, did you just totally at random dig up this year old thread? Seems strange for sure especially after reading your comment. Hmmmm!

28-Sep-16
Hmmmmmmmmm! Is right! Very odd that this old thread was resurrected with that kind of comment.

Perhaps we need some sort of persecutin', stick wieldin', tent fly pissin', flag pursuin' Bowsite posse to look into this and sort this out.

Saddle up the internet mob. I'll drink a cold one in case we need some irrigation.

28-Sep-16
I just find it odd that grown men need a flag at camp.

29-Sep-16

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
Artist sketch of the perp...

30-Sep-16
probably just an innocent mistake anyway. they thought you guys tired of playing kick the can and had moved on to a neat new game of capture the flag.

they are probably waiting for you to come get it. maybe if you holler 0llie Ollie income-free they will return with the flag and you can all roast some marshmallows and tell ghost stories around the fire.

why do guys always have to assume the worst in their fellow man?

30-Sep-16
Just found this post funny as hell!! Come on a chillin the most flag, capture the flag game. Seems like a fun time at elk camp.

03-Oct-16
baloney....just own up to it Patron, there is no way its is a coincidence after all this time. And your comments about getting up and having a drink, come on man. Own up to it and give them their flag back or better yet, hide it on your next trip out to elk country and make them find the flag LOLOL

03-Oct-16
What goes around, comes around..

• Sitka Gear