Beendare 05-Oct-15
Dgogert 05-Oct-15
Kicker 05-Oct-15
TD 05-Oct-15
HeadHunter® 06-Oct-15
oldgoat 06-Oct-15
bpctcb 07-Oct-15
05-Oct-15
Just curious what kind of knife sharpener you carry in your pack? I don't want a big and bulky sharpener but want one that does a good job. Thanks for your responses!

05-Oct-15
I bought a small diamond sharpener at Murdoch's. It weighs next to nothing. You can also search for small sharpening stones on Amazon.

05-Oct-15
If I were to carry one in my pack, I would look at the work sharp guided field sharpener. Has diamond stones, ceramic rods and leather strop all in one.

05-Oct-15
I just carry 2 knives and sharpen one on the back of the other works very well

05-Oct-15

Buffalo1's Link
This is a pretty handy, compact knife sharper that works well in a fanny pack.

05-Oct-15

Beendare's Link
I have something lie this that works great

05-Oct-15
Havalon knives!!

05-Oct-15
I have a Havalon in my pack but also carry a fixed blade just for safe measures. Thanks for all your responses.

05-Oct-15

TD's Link
I carry a dmt diafold duel sided folding stone in my kill kit. Fine and extra fine. Works with broadheads as well.

06-Oct-15
KLAWHORN ....knife & broad head sharpener .... the size of a ink pen ..... best I have ever used and easy to carry! (Google it probably)

06-Oct-15
Outdoor Edge makes a nice small one with carbide and ceramic sharpeners in it, haven't used it yet but have used similar and they work well for field sharpening knives. I carry a leather strop in my pack to touch up broadheads.

07-Oct-15

bpctcb's Link
Look for the Rapala 2-stage sharpener at Basspro in the fishing section by the filet knives. I'm quite certain it's lighter than any of the others and it puts on a hell of an edge. And it's cheap, too.

BP

• Sitka Gear