Cheque 07-Oct-15
Killbuck 07-Oct-15
arlone 07-Oct-15
12yards 07-Oct-15
Fuzzy 08-Oct-15
elvspec 08-Oct-15
06-Oct-15
OK,

So I am at work talking to a fairly new hunter (3 years hunting) and I start talking of the distinctive (THWWWWack) sound an arrow makes inside an archery house/shop. Especially if there is a league going on.

My coworker tells me he has never shot indoors in his life? He said he has only shot outdoors?

I grew up shooting both in our backyard as a kid and at the local archery shop/house in Goshen, Ohio called (Primitive weapons) as a kid I always loved the sound of arrows hitting the wall.

Has anyone else NEVER shot indoors before?

06-Oct-15
I have never shot indoors

06-Oct-15
About 3 shots paper tuning my newest bow. Couldn't tell you how close the nearest shop is with an indoor range, most likely 180 miles.

06-Oct-15
Same as Link, paper tuned a few arrows but otherwise I have never shot in an archery shop. Im not comfortable with being waited on, or with people watching me I guess. Same reason I cant stand golf or going to a gym to work out. I seem to loose my concentration on the task at hand.

Shooting at an outdoor range or my own range with friends is fun and I do enjoy that.

06-Oct-15
I shoot in my house all the time. I can tell you, that if a bow sounds quiet indoors, it is a quiet bow. Shawn

06-Oct-15
My first bow I bought used in 1983 from a friend and we used to shoot in the basement of our town hall. They had boxes of magazines stacked up to shoot into.

06-Oct-15
I've shot in about every kind of structure you can think of: My house, legion hall, bar, church basement, archery shop, machine shop, barn, sporting goods store, school gymn, and various other locales. It get's damn cold here in the winter, you find 10-20 yards and you make it work!

06-Oct-15
That wouldn't be me. I practically lived in an archery shop while I was in college.

And yes, I know that sound very well.

Then there's the sound of the arrow hitting the floor and sliding down till it hits the wall.....

Also the sound of a release going off early and the arrow sticking in the plywood protecting the lights....

Then there's the sound that made just about everyone on the line let down without firing...... "Ohhh sh**!!" Which was generally proceeded by any number of weird sounds!!! LOL Many times by the sound of fresh, untouched cardboard being punched by an arrow!!!

I miss those sounds!!!

06-Oct-15
Never just no place to shoot in my area!

06-Oct-15
Kelly where was the shop over by Dave's?

06-Oct-15
Paper tuning in a garage/shed..... never at any kind of indoor range.

06-Oct-15
High life- Daves? Do you mean Dave Spurlocks?

I am not sure where Spurlock had his taxidermy shop at before he moved it to BranchHill Guinee pike? Where he had a taxidermy and archery shop all under one roof.

Primitive weapons was located in Goshen just outside of Milford on Manilla Pike.

06-Oct-15
Hunting55555- ha I just read what you wrote!

Yes Sir those exact sounds you are describing.

We also remember the laughs of our iron duck a steel plate shaped like a duck with a hole the size of a 50 cent piece that was the tie breaker target. If two guys who tied in a league shot 1 arrow rounds until somebody missed. And when you missed your arrow simply exploded!

Also the laughs of 10-12 archers laughing and chuckling and riding each other to improve each others form.

And I also remember the smell of a coffee pot brewing there as well.

For those that have shot inside an archery shop that echoing thwwwack sound of the arrow hitting the back wall/targets and even better when 4 or 5 arrows hit the wall/targets almost simutaniously......

06-Oct-15
I can't hit the broad side of a barn, why would I ever take a shot at an archery shop.

06-Oct-15
Kelly,

If you are looking for a place to shoot, Broken Rack now has an indoor range. They are located over near the Clermont County regional airport. They do all the service on my bow. I keep meaning to go and shoot there, but never find the time.

I wish we had a good archery store closer over here. A taxidermy shop on Branchill-Guinea? Really? I friggin' live off that street!

06-Oct-15
Never

06-Oct-15
Gman yes if you go up to almost 28 there was a blue building on the left going up to hwy 28 right next to the storage rental place. Across from Queenie road? I think now it's a transmission shop.

The one I am talking about when I was a kid was on manilla road. It was about 3 miles further from spurlocks. PrI'm it I've weapons building last time I drove past was a piano refinishing company.

I hunt very close to your house from time to time. My old neighbor has 16 acres which butt up against the branch hill vfw.

Lots of deer around your subdivision.

06-Oct-15
Kelly I was thinking over by the old/first police station. My folks moved out there in 79 lived on Goshen Rd.

06-Oct-15
Rarely, only when I just bought a new bow and am having it paper tuned. I much prefer outdoors

06-Oct-15
What would you aim for if you shot at an archery shop? Windows? Doors? The sign?

07-Oct-15
Don't be silly Woods Walker.

You aim at the mounts.

07-Oct-15
HighLife - yes that was primitive weapons on Manilla rd. Owned by Dick and Laurel.

Laurel was a 1 time Olympian in archery.

07-Oct-15
OOPS! Silly me! Of course you would!

07-Oct-15
I usually send a few downrange after my bow's been worked on. Otherwise I don't shoot a the shop.

07-Oct-15
I'm not a regular but I do shoot at an indoor range occasionally. I shot a lot of arrows in the barn and in the basement during the winter while I was growing up. I shoot in the one lumber warehouse at work now. Anywhere I can shoot I'm happy!

07-Oct-15
I have not been to an indoor range in over 10 years but I used to shoot indoor 3-d every Thursday for years back in the late 90's.

Based on what I see people aim all over the place at the range. The ceiling, The side wall, the chronograph if they have one likely has a hole through it. I'm not sure what some people are aiming at but field point holes everywhere.

07-Oct-15
Never shot @ a bow store. Havent shot @ a man made target in at least 15 years. Shoot off my deck @ weeds and stump shoot. Rarely miss a deer. Killed 66 with various stick bows.

07-Oct-15
Never shot in a shop, but do try to shoot a few arrows every day in my basement.

07-Oct-15
LOL at Bighurt.

08-Oct-15
I have never shot at ANY retail establishment.

I HAVE felt like flinging a few at a Wal Mart a time or two tho...lol

08-Oct-15
I only shoot at home. I don't like people laughing at me.

• Sitka Gear