prezboys 26-Oct-15
Mr.C 27-Oct-15
itshot 27-Oct-15
thedude 27-Oct-15
hunt'n addict 27-Oct-15
Beendare 27-Oct-15
Mr.C 29-Oct-15
06-Oct-15
According to the hunting consultant I used one of Renfro`s planes went down,first one in 30 years of flying ,ALL WALKED AWAY with just cuts and bruise`s, thank the lord,they clipped a tree on take off and belly flopped onto the tundra..I know there was a couple other fellas from Bowsite that used Renfro`s and I do believe it was the same plane I flew out in,they were checked into the local hospital in Bethel they checked out fine and flew home.DAMN SCARY... thats all I know

MrC... If it hurts your still alive

06-Oct-15

CO Oak's Link
Their only crash in 30 years?

Glad everyone is ok.

06-Oct-15
I had to put a plane down and is no fun, especially when your wife is in the seat behind you. Any landing you can walk away form is a good landing, they joke about. I asked a pilot I flew with what my emergency procedures should be if I run into trouble and could not make it to a lake or river. He said look for soft trees. Took a while before I figured that one out.

06-Oct-15
I am waiting to see if Ziek weighs in on this one....

06-Oct-15
I've got picture's somewhere of plane that pancaked in east of Atigun pass last fall. Everyone walked out with minor cuts and brusies.

06-Oct-15
Glad everyone walked away...

06-Oct-15
Really glad to hear everyone is ok. My Dad and I flew with both of the float plane pilots just less than a week ago, they are great guys that were working extremely hard!

06-Oct-15
Glad they're all OK.

07-Oct-15
That link says the incident occurred in July of 2009. Are we talking about a 6-year-old incident here?

07-Oct-15
It`s happened on the 18th of sept 2015, I looked its there in the FAA reports! but just date and tail # I suppose its still being investigated

MikeC...I know nothing

07-Oct-15
Good to hear everyone was ok. Had a bit of rough flight one day with Wade last year. I'm not a good flier and tossed my cookies.

07-Oct-15

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
this is the plane I flew in on .and if I rememeber correctly there was 55 in the tail # of the downed aircraft and of course I cant find the info again

MikeC...

07-Oct-15
Is that the helio?

07-Oct-15
Man! Glad all are ok.

07-Oct-15
So has Renfro had more than one incident of this nature? The link above clearly states July 11, 2009. Is that date incorrect? Or is September 18th, 2015 incident a new one?

07-Oct-15
In planes and cars, it's mostly about how fast you decelerate. One option if you have it is to fly between two trees to take the wings off at the same time. Nothing is a really good option, and there's a lot of luck or lack. What's the old pilot's mantra - superior piloting is using superior judgment to avoid a situation where superior skills are necessary.

07-Oct-15
"There are Old Pilots, and Bold Pilots, but no Old Bold Pilots."

- Grandpa Pettibone, U. S. Naval Safety Center

07-Oct-15
sept 18 the most recent... yes thats a Helio carrier H 395 same type of plane that went down! that actually might be the same plane because I never seen it again....I talk with Wade Renfro`s Mother today and got confirmation of the crash but she didn't know the tail # it was hauled out of the bush today im guessing by helicopter....something to do with lose of power hence the low and slow impact and the ability for them to walk away with just cuts and bruise`s....LUCKY S.O.B`s I wander if they`ll get a discount on the next trip! LMAO and thats a good thing

MikeC .....CAPTAIN IM GIVE N YOU ALL SHE`S GOT Scotty: flight deck engineer USS Enterprize

07-Oct-15
We flew with Wade in 2005 without a problem. He had a hard time landing to pick us up due to high winds but he handled it fine.

26-Oct-15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=5&v=PpmzZX7-VtA

Here's the video on the crash

27-Oct-15
ahh nuts i cant see it

27-Oct-15

same plane shown above, LUCKY men!

27-Oct-15
It doesnt sound like an engine failure. More likely a issue with weight/CG and a short takeoff area. They should all go buy a lottery ticket after getting that lucky to walk away.

27-Oct-15
Blessed! They better say a word of thanks!

27-Oct-15
Thats an interesting website co oak.

I was searching for accidents with the common planes of AK; de Hav Beaver, 206 [cessna I believe], and supercubs

I couldn't find them listed...any trick to that?

As a side note, those Cessna 208b caravans have a lot of listings in the incident reports.....that can't be good

29-Oct-15

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
For what ever reason it went down! Ricky did a great job putting it down softly if there is such a thing!I hope those guys put him on there Xmas card list .....flight control surfaces look correct! engine sounded OK but did have a hard time starting when the above picture was taken ? the weather was nice MikeC.. Kinda creepy knowing I was in that seat

• Sitka Gear