Sage Buffalo 06-Oct-15
Brotsky 06-Oct-15
Bow junkie 06-Oct-15
IdyllwildArcher 06-Oct-15
Jack Harris 06-Oct-15
venison 07-Oct-15
KJC 07-Oct-15
06-Oct-15
I live in Connecticut the home of the "Mobile Live Hunt". As many of you most likely do I have my backyard set up with a number of bow targets. I've got 3 deer, a raccoon, a small bear and a Rinehart 18-1 target. I can shoot off my back deck at ranges out to 60 yards. I also have a small foodplot in the far back corner of the yard. Lots of critters around, with no open bear season we have a strong bear population.

At least once a year one of my backyard targets gets mauled by a bear. No big deal pick up the pieces and set it back up.

Last year my 18-1 Rinehart came up missing. I thought to myself who the hell would come and steal that target? Perhaps a bear swatted it down over the hill into the woods. Sure enough after looking for a short time I found the target about a hundred yards away.

The other day I noticed that the 18-1 was missing again. Dam bears I cussed under my breath. I went for a quick walk and saw the target on the back side of my foodplot. Judging from where it lay I was hopeful I had a picture on the trail camera set up on the plot.

06-Oct-15

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
The first time this target was taken there was no damage. This time it was chewed up. Looked like the bear had taken a liking to it much like a dog that shreds your slippers. Picked up the pieces and changed the SD card in the camera.

GOTCA

06-Oct-15
I contacted Rinehart customer service and told them my story. They asked me to send them an email with the picture. Once they received the picture they got back in touch with me and offered to replace the target free of charge. All I had to do was sign a release so they could use the picture.

Great customer service from Rinehart and kind of a cool story that I wanted to share with my fellow Bowsiters.

06-Oct-15
Very cool all the way around!

06-Oct-15
That is a great story... Thanks for sharing.

06-Oct-15
That's awesome!

06-Oct-15
Cool picture! I think he feels safer knowing you aren't practicing!

06-Oct-15
That's sweet!! Once in a lifetime pic

06-Oct-15
Well, as you can see from the trail cam picture Mr Fish and Game officer, I was just practicing archery in my back yard when all the sudden, my arrow found its way into the chest of this bear as he scooped up my target and put himself where the target once stood...

06-Oct-15
I have developed both as much respect as hatred for those giant black rats over the years... Countless deer hunts ruined, at least 20 bird feeders stolen or destroyed, Garbage ransacked, a Glendel buck completely dis-emboweled because bluebirds bored out the neck and were nesting inside and the bear killed the hatched babies and ate some eggs, I could go on. I so hope next October our first archery hunt in NJ goes through!

07-Oct-15
Very cool story and picture ! I agree he don't want you to practice !

07-Oct-15
So when my targets worn out I just smear some honey on it, set up a trail cam and free targets for life! I like it! Cool Picture.

• Sitka Gear