Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
IdyllwildArcher 06-Oct-15
Shick 06-Oct-15
Shrewski 06-Oct-15
Herdbull 06-Oct-15
Mark Watkins 07-Oct-15
06-Oct-15
In the October issue of Bowhunter Magazine, Barry Wensel wrote an article called "From an Owl to a Cat."

What an incredible article. This has got to be one of the most experience-based thoughtful articles I've ever read. Full of tips, how-to, and reasoning that gets you thinking.

The whole idea of the article is how to hunt WTs from the ground in October, but the techniques and ideas could transcend to Mule deer and Blacktails in similar thick habitat, for instance, where I hunt.

This is why I keep a paying subscription to Bowhunter; otherwise, I'd have completely missed this gem.

06-Oct-15
Ike, it seems we're both on the same page with that article. I thought it was so timely, that I emailed Uncle B and told him how much I enjoyed it. This issue and the last Big game issue were both great. Shick

06-Oct-15
I texted Barry to wish him a happy birthday this afternoon before I took off on a flight out of town. He called me back leaving a whispered message "Thanks, I think that was you that texted me--I don't know how to reply to it".

No telling how many deer have fallen on Oct 6 for the last 60 years or so but I'm betting a LOT as they are always hunting on their birthday. I'll take the knowledge Barry (and Gene) possess over that of any 100 "TV" hunters combined.

06-Oct-15
Great read. Happy B-Day G&B!

07-Oct-15
More great info....... from some great guys!

Thanks for "passing it on!"

Happy B Day!

Mark

• Sitka Gear