Contributors to this thread:
duster 07-Oct-15
Mac 07-Oct-15
GotBowAz 07-Oct-15
milnrick 07-Oct-15
deerman406 07-Oct-15
Smoke 07-Oct-15
07-Oct-15
Hello guys ! New here and the whole archery ! I want to buy a bow which is good for practice and maybe in the long run...maybe for hunting ! I was thinking of getting the diamond infinite edge as a first bow ? Do you think it's enough ?Does it need to be tuned ? If yes any good shop in NYC that they know what they are doing ? I am interested of good shops in east stroudsburg, PA also.I live in queens but I will be going to PA to practice . Thanks in advance !!

07-Oct-15
this is just my two cents, but instead of picking a bow based on what you read or what friends say, why not ask around for a great archery pro shop, then go in and try out the different bows they have and choose the one that feels right? have them set it up and tune it, help you choose the right arrows to go with it. find the right pro shop, the rest will be easy.

07-Oct-15
Diamond infinite Edge is a great bow and a great choice. Go to a PRO shop and have them set it up right for you. I bought it for my grandson who grew from 5'1" when I got it for him to a now 13 year old 6'4" 30 inch draw kid. With this bow I was not only able to crank up the weight as he grew but it was easy and simple to change his draw length and I had to do this a few times for him. Very easy bow to tune.

Note: If your not done growing then be sure leave your arrows longer, it will save you money in the long run. I've gone through 3 dozen arrows before I figured this one out. I am hoping my grandson is done growing!

07-Oct-15
Duster...welcome to the sport!

When selecting buy a bow I suggest you:

Be sure it fits you, your budget and you're intended use (target or 3d Archery or bowhunting.). If you want to eventually bowhunt make sure your bow can cast an arrow sufficiently to kill quickly, clean and humanely.

Take a bowhunter ed course (contact your parks and wildlife for info.

Dont get hooked on hype...So-and-So shoots X because their life depends on it, or because they say it's fast and quiet.

Shoot as many bows as possible before you ship out your plastic or write the check. Whether a rookie of seasoned shooter you'll know the right on for you about the 3rd time you shoot it.

Good luck k.

07-Oct-15
There are a lot of good beginner bows out there. I would say to look at the PSE Stnger-X. Lots of adjustability and pretty forgiving to shoot. You can get a hunt ready package for around 300 bucks or so. As has been said take it too a local pro shop and have it set up for you. Shawn

07-Oct-15
what he said.... try different bows and pick the one that feels best to you.... everyone is different, just cause someone else likes it or the advertising is cool, doesn't make it the right bow for you... after ya shoot a few different bows and get a feel for them, the right one will talk to ya say'n "buy me, buy me"

• Sitka Gear