LWood 13-Oct-15
Eferry20 19-Apr-17
GF 19-Apr-17
Fuzzy 20-Apr-17
Mark Watkins 20-Apr-17
07-Oct-15

Eferry20's embedded Photo
I finally got it done in Newfoundland. My 19pt 39inch bull. I shot it hubting with my dad on the 3rd day. I count not be happier for my first Moose. Now decision time do I get it mounted. He is not supper wide but very tall.

07-Oct-15

07-Oct-15
if it is true as you say that you could not be happier than you should mount it.

07-Oct-15
Great Newfoundland Bull! I am with Bou, mount it and enjoy it everyday you look at it.

07-Oct-15
Congrats Eric, great Bull!

07-Oct-15
Do a European mount. A lot less expensive than a full mount and does not take up nearly as much wall space.

07-Oct-15
nice!

07-Oct-15
If money and space are not an issue, shoulder mount (or lifesize).

If money and/or space is a problem, do a euro and if possible, frame a nice large picture of you and the moose. Kinda the best of both worlds.

Congrats. Share some details like who you went with, what did you use and how far was the shot.

07-Oct-15

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Congrats! A fine Newfy Bull! I did mine in a euro but also tanned the cape in case I do a shoulder mount in the future. Enjoy!

07-Oct-15
Congratulations! I would personally do a Euro mount - very nice Newfie bull!

07-Oct-15
Very nice NF bull. I did mine like Charlie. Can always mount it later. Looks like it might be too late for a euro, but a nice plaque mount would do that moose as well. Way to go!

07-Oct-15
Any thoughts on the replica skulls? Yes no skull. Capes in a freezer.

07-Oct-15
Great job Eferry 20. Very nice Newfie bull.

12-Oct-15
+1 on euro.

Most guys don't have the room for an animal the size of a moose. Plus if you are young and will move through the years believe me it's a pain hauling giant animals around.

12-Oct-15
Eric-

Who did you do your hunt with? I've been back for a week from my second trip to the Rock. I had a great hunt with Ironbound, just did not get it done. Our group went 3/4, I was the unlucky one.

12-Oct-15
Mount the head, smaller bulls still look nice and fit on an 8 ft wall. If you shoot a larger one in the future euro mount it. A large bull takes up a lot of space.

12-Oct-15
That is so cool! I'm not just an outfitter but a taxidermist too and just today, I mounted a moose for a military guy from Newfoundland that lives in Manitoba now. His is 40" and he's from there.

Mount it!!!!

12-Oct-15
I was hunting with Portland Creek. Our group went 4/4. We were there sept 27th-Oct 3rd. Weather was tough we hunted our tails off to find the moose. I feel for you on not getting a Moose I went without one in 2013. I took the Cape and antlers today to get mounted.

13-Oct-15
The Rock is such a misleading place. I LOVE it and been twice and will be back a few more times.

It's a sure thing if you go with rifle and don't care about the size of bull or cow you shoot.

It's as hard as any other hunt I have been on if you want to shoot something with size.

I have seen groups go 4/4 one week and the next go 0/4.

My first trip humbled me as I had wall space all picked out and after 75+ degree days for 3-5 days only a couple moose seen we all went home with great memories but no moose - we were all rifle hunting.

I then went with Ironbound and tagged (rifle) out my first day. Weather was perfect. It was post rut. We would have likely not tagged out with bow that trip.

I know some say it's an easy place to get a moose. It's one of the cheaper ways to get a moose - would not call it easy ever again!

13-Oct-15
Congrats Eferry20! Glad to hear you are mounting it!

Lenny, that isn't like you!:)

Mark

13-Oct-15
Mark,

HaHa. I guess I can't be lucky all the time. Closest I got was 70 yards. We bedded a good bull with a cow and stalked in to 70 yards behind a large granite boulder. After I got set up, my guide cow called. The cow stood up and walked downwind, caught our scent, and took off uphill. The bull stood up and immediately followed her. That was my only opportunity. I was there the same time as Eric (9/24-10/1). The weather was our challenge. Warm temps with lots of wind or fog and rain.

Lenny

19-Apr-17

Here is the finished product

19-Apr-17
Long time comin'!

Nice.

20-Apr-17
nice!

20-Apr-17
Sweet!!! Great bull, great mount!!

Now to be enjoyed every time you look at it!!!

Mark

• Sitka Gear