WV Mountaineer 08-Oct-15
BigRed 08-Oct-15
Medicinemann 08-Oct-15
Zackman 08-Oct-15
08-Oct-15

wild1's Link
Kind of funny.

08-Oct-15
I'll bet he wasn't laughing.............

08-Oct-15
Not at all funny.

08-Oct-15
WV - Well it could have turned out horribly, but it didn't. Also, you have to have a sense of humor to find humor in something.

08-Oct-15
Love the fact that this guys is going back to finish his Bighorn hunt!

Mark

08-Oct-15
wild, I have a HUGE sense of humor and, my post wasn't meant to put you on defense. I wasn't knocking you or saying you were inverted or anything of that nature. I just didn't think it was funny when I stopped and consider how dang scary it would have been to have a bear biting on my head when I was asleep.

Now, I will admit that when the bear took out the tarp and tangled it's self and the hunters all up, that probably would have been a chuckle to have seen. God Bless

08-Oct-15
Seems like bear encounters are getting more and more common place. I was camped along a FS road this year and had a guy with the forest service along with his wife camped a few hundred yards down the road from me. I was in my camper, and they had a wall tent and a sleeping tent. Around 11:30, I happened to be awake and heard a pistol shot. Immediately, I wondered if they may have had a bear in camp. After going back to sleep, I was awoken at 1:30 to my camper rocking back and forth. I sat up and could here a bear sniffing around the camper and my truck. I did have a pistol and bear spray with me as well, but figured, unless he messed with either my truck or the camper again, I'd let him figure out there was nothing for him here and he'd move on. Which he did. Took awhile to go back to sleep though.

The next day I confirmed that it was a bear they were dealing with as well. He claimed he put "a shot across his bow" to scare the bear off. After I told him of the visit he paid me, and we both greed that's a bear that needs to be put down.

08-Oct-15
Reading Kota-mans Shiras Moose thread, it seems that he was auditioning for a similar experience....except with a Grizzly, not a black bear.

08-Oct-15
I have been there (although there was no chewing involved, just heavy breathing). It was not funny at the time, but gets more comical as time passes.

Glad it wasn't worse for the hunter!

• Sitka Gear