beckerbulldog 08-Oct-15
MNRazorhead 08-Oct-15
Franzen 08-Oct-15
Sage Buffalo 08-Oct-15
beckerbulldog 08-Oct-15
sureshot 08-Oct-15
joehunter 08-Oct-15
08-Oct-15
So last night I pull into the farm we have permission to hunt on. Excited to spend a few hours relaxing in the stand. This is a family owned farm and we had permission from one of the sons. I dressed and sprayed down and started to walk on a short section of farm road that runs past some corn silos. As I neared the trail to follow the tree line back to my stand an older gentleman pulls up in a Bobcat. I knew from the expression on his face this was not going to be pleasant casual talk. He asked me where the "F" is was going and I "F"ing wasn't going to walk in the corn. I pointed towards my stand and started to explain to him that I follow the tree line and don't walk in the corn, but I was cut off by another string of expletives. "F"ing no way you can get there without walking through the corn. I knew it was a no win situation, I told him to have a good day, turned back towards my truck and walked away. From what I understand he is the grandfather and the one who started the farm 50 years ago. If it wasn't for bad luck............................

08-Oct-15
Sounds like Grandpa didn't get the memo about mellowing with age...

Did he think you were trespassing?

08-Oct-15
Does the grandfather own the land or do the sons? Certainly the premise of the thread is not to be overlooked.

08-Oct-15
I think you will get back on it with your buddy. Just have him go with you.

08-Oct-15
I guess the sons own the land and he was up from Florida to help with harvest. I hope all it takes is the son to inform him of exactly where I'm hunting and I'll be ok.

08-Oct-15
Excellent way to handle the situation, you will probably still be able to hunt there in the future.

08-Oct-15
yea, walking in corn at this time of the year will hurt nothing. But then old men see things differently some times!

• Sitka Gear