elmer@laptop 11-Oct-15
TD 11-Oct-15
dcahilly 11-Oct-15
Sage Buffalo 12-Oct-15
Ollie 12-Oct-15
Scrappy 12-Oct-15
Destroyer350 12-Oct-15
08-Oct-15
Verizon Fios has recently dropped the “Outdoor TV Network” and “Sportsman TV Network from their lineup. For many of us, these two networks feature the only hunting, fishing, shooting and gun shows on TV.

Verizon Fios says their reason for dropping these “Networks” was low viewer ratings. But it is my belief that Verizon Fios has fallen prey to political correctness pressure of the anti-hunting, anti-gun, and anti-Second Amendment mobs. Now it’s our turn to fight for “our rights” and make our voices heard!

Go to www.keepmyoutdoortv.com and let Verizon Fios know that, as a valued customer your opinion matters, and you will switch to another provider if Verizon Fios does not put the “Outdoors” and “Sportsmen” Networks back in their lineup.

08-Oct-15
i did I informed them it was a anti hunting move on their part and I was transferring my business to exfinity which was 130.00 cheaper per month

09-Oct-15
Lets see, hunters are a small percentage of people in general.

Of hunters, how many on these and other boards, do nothing but slam hunting shows and say they never watch them any more?

Not everything is a conspiracy against hunting. Costs money to host these channels, viewer ship is low, drop the channel. Simple as that.

09-Oct-15
As with any cable channel there are some good shows and some bad shows. I DVR the good ones and really enjoy some quiet time watching them and if I don't learn something I at least see some very good video of huntable animals. Dish is my only option. C

09-Oct-15
They are a business. If a channel is not making money for them they will drop it. That simple. Many of us hunters are sick and tired of the crap that is aired and we quit watching hunting shows a long time ago.

09-Oct-15
My local cable company seems to have dropped the Outdoor channel too. I need to check into why. No worries though, it seems like I have 100 channels with every baseball, football and other event( which I never watch). There is even a channel which replays Mets games from years ago.

09-Oct-15
Agree with above and would add that if a channel IS making money for them they won't drop it.

09-Oct-15
I have never had cable T.V. and never will

I have better things to spend my time and money on

If I want to watch an outdoor show I will walk out my back door and hit the woods and streams

09-Oct-15
AMEN AMEN hunting does not belong on TV mainstream !

09-Oct-15
i'm not a huge fan of the hunting shows, but i do like to put on outdoor channel or whatever on a saturday or sunday when i am doing other things... its a good backdrop to be able to look up and see some beautiful scenery, some nice animals, and get some ideas for places i'd like to go and hunts i'd like to.

however, i no longer have access.

BUT, there has to be some good content out there online... does anyone know of any good hunting show options on youtube or other websites etc?

10-Oct-15
I called , and b+tched to the rep. I hope it comes back.. Woodie

11-Oct-15
It's a bummer, but most of the shows are pieces of Crap. Not surprised viewership is down.

11-Oct-15
I don't think viewership is down. If it were there wouldn't be other channels popping up trying to claim their share. Where there was one not long ago now there are 4 or 5, maybe more I don't know.

It's PC/peta BS IMO, not viewership. Seeing the channels that are on, I'd bet many had 10% the viewership. I know many non-hunters telling me about a show they had just watched that was really col....

Don't care if a person watched the shows or hated the shows. The very idea that PC/peta shut them down should have folks up in arms.

But I guess not....

I still get it on Dish. If they shut it off I'd raise hell and switch to a provider that had what I wanted.

11-Oct-15
if they drop channels they should reduce the bill same old story get less and pay more. I complained informed them why I was dropping vios and moved on

12-Oct-15
I've been part of this business for years.

100% financial decision.

One of two scenarios happened:

1. Those channels wanted to pay less.

2. Verizon wanted more money.

They are playing chicken and this happens more often than you think. There have been situations where providers weren't carrying stations like FOX News!

12-Oct-15
Many shows have websites where you can view shows previously aired at no cost.

12-Oct-15
I hope it is a financial decision and more providers drop all the hunting channels. Just hate seeing the next generation of hunters learning from the idiots on these shows..

12-Oct-15
Most of Outdoor and Sportsman Channel biggest ratings is shooting shows. Verizon is anti 2nd amendment and anti hunting. I don't think it had to do with the cost but pushing their agenda.

• Sitka Gear