WBowhunt 09-Oct-15
HerdManager 09-Oct-15
bigdaddy 09-Oct-15
buckhammer 09-Oct-15
Woods Walker 09-Oct-15
PSEStinger 10-Oct-15
LBshooter 10-Oct-15
09-Oct-15
I have never used any types of scents (cover scents or lure scents)but I am thinking about giving them a try this year. Any suggestions? Is there better times to use certain ones more than others? Thank you.

09-Oct-15
Cover Scent; Buck Bomb. I have never had luck with Lure scents, I don't trust them.

Tony

09-Oct-15
With any type of big game bowhunting the only success I have had with scent is not letting the game get mine!

09-Oct-15
I have tried a lot over 30+ years and they are hit and miss. But there have occasions where it got me the deer. I do not believe it will draw deer in from long range. You need to scout and find where the deer are going to be, but once there I have had bucks that would have passed outta range, turn and come to a scent trail or wick and give me a shot. My go to is Bob Kirschner deer lures. Curiosity for deer in general and Trail maker and Silver Top during rut.

09-Oct-15
Scents generally freak out the does, which is what you don't want.

Scent-free is best. Make sure the wind is in your favor.

09-Oct-15
check out Pro-scent web site. Wouldn't go to the woods without it.

09-Oct-15
Don't waste your money.

As HerdManager stated, scents will freak out the does and that is never a good thing.

Hunt the wind

09-Oct-15
Use your own "buck lure". I and many others have been doing that now for a long time and it works better than anything else I've tried. Cheaper too!!!

10-Oct-15
Thanks for the info. I also talked with a couple friends and they also said scents don't work usually. Only cover scent they use/suggest is cedar oil. We have a lot of cedar trees in Oklahoma. I decided to put that money towards a black rack and flextone deer call instead.

10-Oct-15
I have had bucks walk in and turn towards my scents. Golden estrus and this year I'm using James valley scents. The mistake most make is that they over use scents. They pour the scent on which is way to powerful, a little bit goes a long way. Sometimes the does freak out but it can fun experimenting with scents too.

• Sitka Gear