wild1 27-Oct-15
Treeline 25-Nov-15
Mule Power 25-Nov-15
BK 28-Nov-15
TD 28-Nov-15
12-Oct-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Just saw this posted on Randy's FB page. Does anyone have as many big, fuzzy horned muleys as this guy? Wow!

12-Oct-15
Nice buck. Nevada LO tag?

12-Oct-15
He is nothing if not consistent. He is one of the few guys on TV that when he talks, I listen.

12-Oct-15
Wow! What a monster. How does he get such good tags every year?

12-Oct-15
Congrats to Randy!

He is the real deal!

Thanks for a great, hands on, down to earth AZ elk hunting presentation at the P&Y Convention.....outstanding!

Mark

13-Oct-15
Link to his FB page? I'd like to follow him it can't find it. What a giant!

13-Oct-15
He is the real deal.

Good luck, Robb

13-Oct-15

midwest's Link
Ace...

13-Oct-15
Again and again and again it's his normal WoW!!!!

13-Oct-15
Agreed he is an awesome mule deer hunter and I would look so forward to watching and learning from him for a few days. Wow is all I can say. Not once but every year!

13-Oct-15
I heard from some other elk hunters he was in CO close to where we were elk hunting. Don't know if that is where he got that one or not.

Nice buck.

13-Oct-15
NV buck

13-Oct-15
I agree with Pat, I have had the pleasure of meeting him. He is very down to earth. He also knows how to take that trophy picture as well. Shawn

13-Oct-15
I love that he spray paints his bows!

13-Oct-15
He also knows how to set up a bow to perform to its' optimum.

13-Oct-15
Randy has had great opportunities for big mule deer in some great areas.

Most of those big bucks he is getting are from guided hunts. With money in the game, there are guys setting out trail cameras on every water source in those areas all summer long to get those bucks patterned. They know where and when a particular buck is coming in to water and they get set up with blinds on the water. Killing a particular buck just boils down to being in the right blind at the right time and holding it together for the shot.

The advent of trail cameras has changed the game for mule deer hunting in a lot of areas of Northern Arizona, Utah, and Nevada. Would say that there are very few water sources in those areas without trail cameras on them. 20 years ago, it would have just been luck to be sitting at the right water hole when one of those monsters came in or you would have to stalk the bucks. Much lower probability of connecting with a really big buck or any buck with an arrow.

I like Randy, great guy, great bowhunter and he's taken some awesome mule deer. Just not sure I would say "he's the best mule deer bowhunter that ever lived".

13-Oct-15
Treeline, you know that Randy hunts this way for a fact?

I understood most if not all of his hunts are pretty much DIY and spot and stalk. This is the first I heard of him sitting water holes in a blind and guided.

Im not saying sometimes he doesn't sit a blind but those monsters I thought were spot and stalk.

The buck he took two years ago I believe was taken with a buddy of his who helped pack it out.

13-Oct-15
Treeline, you know that Randy hunts this way for a fact?

I understood most if not all of his hunts are pretty much DIY and spot and stalk. This is the first I heard of him sitting water holes in a blind and guided.

Im not saying sometimes he doesn't sit a blind but those monsters I thought were spot and stalk.

The buck he took two years ago I believe was taken with a buddy of his who helped pack it out.

13-Oct-15
I bet you he isn't shooting them off water... Maybe guide involved or some scouting help.. but i really doubt he is just sitting in a blind !!

13-Oct-15
I don't know about the water stuff but it makes sense at least for locating purposes. I'm from Montana and the same worship thing happens towards Chuck Adams when we're privy to some of his ranches he hunts here in MT.

A friend hunts with Greg Krough (Mogollan Rim Outfitters) and claims he's the real deal and one one of the best guides he's ever hunted with. Very nice animals his clients are taking. He hunts annually with Jack Brittingham who also buys multiple landowner tags for muleys and elk.

Apparently, Greg used to guide Randy Ulmer every year and was responsible for scouting, teaching him the areas etc....Greg and he had a falling out since Randy never endorsed Greg or posed for photos with Greg as his guide. It gives the misguided perception that Ole Randy does it all on his own. A red flag goes off in my mind when someone is not willing to acknowledge that they're being guided or helped.

The same red flag that has went off with Chuck Adams over the years when folks guide him or semi-guide him on the ranches he hunts. I don't know if it's ego or protecting their brand or what.

I thought Randy started off as a target/tournament shooter and then evolved into bow hunting anyway. He a great equipment guy and can make a shot at crunch time obviously which trips up a lot of folks. He seems to be a pretty good hunter but I'm not ready to put the "BEST" label on the guy.

13-Oct-15
He's killed several hunting with Greg Krogh. All spot and stalk I've read about.

Randy's a killer. Most guys would fall apart and never make the shot after sitting in the desert sun for 5 hrs. waiting for one of these giants to stand up. Assuming they ever got close enough in the first place.

13-Oct-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

13-Oct-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

13-Oct-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

13-Oct-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

13-Oct-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

13-Oct-15
Yeah, looks like he never poses for photos with Greg. lol

13-Oct-15
I am sure some of those big bucks are spot and stalk as well. Still helps to be able to afford land owner tags and guides to get experience in top areas.

There are a lot of really good mule deer bowhunters that don't have the funds to hunt every year and get to know those areas really well. Have to just wait on the tags that don't come but a few times in their life.

Would love to see Randy pick up a longbow for mulies now that he's whacked a pile of monsters with his compound...

13-Oct-15
He's killed some awesome animals, year after year - my hat's off to him. Out of curiosity, I'm wondering how many are DIY on public land.

13-Oct-15
I'm not going to shade a guy at the pinnacle of the sport. It is useful to learn about his logistical approach. Nobody is going to get those kind of animals years after year without a little help from his friends. If I ever get the scratch, I'm going to line something up with Greg Krogh.

13-Oct-15
Yes, there are some photos on Greg's web site with both of them. When stories ran about these pictured bucks above in magazines, were the ones with Greg included used or ones posed with just Randy?

13-Oct-15

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Here's the photo used on Boone and Crockett's "trophy watch" page that year........someone has been cropped out compared to the photo above.

13-Oct-15
Randy's the man!

13-Oct-15
Greg learned to sit closer it seems :)

Some big deer those guys got on for sure!

13-Oct-15
Must of been a bad year, he shot a "dink"this year.

13-Oct-15
"When stories ran about these pictured bucks above in magazines, were the ones with Greg included used or ones posed with just Randy?"

Couldn't say for sure. I know I'd never heard of Greg Krogh until I read about him in Randy's articles.

13-Oct-15
I'm not a Randy Ulmer leg humper or anything. Don't care about any fueds he may or may not have had with Krogh. Don't care whether they're DIY or guided or LO tags. The guy has bowkilled a pile outstanding velvet muleys and I love the pics.

13-Oct-15
Wonder how he does on hard-honed bucks later in the season? Never was a fan of states that start seasons so early that the animals are still in velvet.

13-Oct-15
Those deer are monsters, but I don't think they are as big as they appear in those pics...Like what was said before, he knows how to take a hero pic. I wish I did, maybe my small bucks would look pretty good!

13-Oct-15
JackPine- I guess you don't live in mule deer country but every state I know of with an archery mule deer hunt starts in the velvet!

Saying its not fair to hunt muleys in velvet is like saying you can't hunt whitetails in the Rut!

13-Oct-15
Looks like he is tagged out before there are any hard horned deer to hunt! Why is it that anytime a photo of someone with a giant animal is posted somebody has to be negative? Jealous maybe? I do not get to hunt the places Randy Ulmer does. Is that his fault? No. Would I hunt the best places in the country if I had the means? Yes. Do I work my a%s off everyday so at some point I can hunt places like that? Yes. Way to go Randy!!!! Those are some awesome mulies!

13-Oct-15
Randy Ulmer has stacked up some amazing bucks and I am absolutely not knocking his abilities! Hat's off to him to be able to do it guided, unguided, landowner tag, stalking, sitting a stand or whatever!

Randy has capitalized on opportunity, had some great help, shoots a bow better than most, and learned some excellent mule deer areas very well. Most guys do not get to spend the amount of time in those units year in and year out to get to know what is going on as they have to wait for the tags that don't come that often.

With what he has learned hunting mule deer those areas, I am sure that he would do well in other places like Eastern Colorado, above treeline in central Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Alberta, etc. in velvet or hard horned with or without a guide.

I have talked to him several times at Pope and Young and he has a solid understanding of the animals he hunts and he probably understands archery technique as well as anyone. He shares advice and information very willingly and is very approachable. You can learn a lot from him in a very short amount of time.

Just saying that there are a lot of excellent mule deer bow hunters out there - and the "best mule deer bow hunter that ever lived" is a pretty tall order.

13-Oct-15
Randy is a great shot and hardcore hunter no matter what he hunts!

13-Oct-15
My buddie guided him on a whitetail hunt in Illinois years ago.He has guided or hunted with many of the big names over the years, He said Randy is the real deal .He said there were days when Randy would come in for lunch then go out for a run before the evening sit every one else was napping or just hanging out. very humble and help full in camp.I think his hunting speaks for itself.

Woodie

13-Oct-15
Well if I won the opportunity to pick whoever to go on mule deer hunt with, Randy would be on my top three short list along with Mike Ukranitz Alberta giant mule deer expert and Bowsite sponsor or Dwight Shuh longtime mentor through his many books and articles.

I only have a top three list not a top five since I Already have hunted with myself and BB.

13-Oct-15
I think some of these guys are on to something. Randy Ulmer is a cheater! I'm pretty sure he is photo shopping these bucks and they are really basket racks. And he clearly only hunts private land where any idiot, except me, could shoot a buck of that size. Waterholes, blinds, tequila and hookers, and then someone else takes the shot. That's what I've heard but I'm not the type to spread rumors so I won't say it. I've offered this to Cameron Haynes, and It's time I call Randy out!: Randy, I challenge you to a mule-deer hunt off. You and me. You pick the spot and help me get the tag, and then we will scout together. And then biggest mule deer shot is best bow hunter on the planet. No disrespect to TBM. Randy, are you game?

Kelly

14-Oct-15
My understanding he almost got killed doing some pre-season aerial scouting in an ultra light.

He has great areas for sure, but a good deal of knocking down jaw dropping animals is hunting areas where they exist. And a rare few people go to the lengths of scouting these areas to find them. Key as well.

His "luck" is pretty well set by his determination to get them.

Love to get a peek at his mule deer room.... but I bet you can't walk in his elk room. I understand his boy killed a monster bull this year as well?

14-Oct-15
I'll bet Randy is doing some planning for his next hunt right now. Such a shame he'll miss all the great advice he's getting here!! Ha!

Getting big deer down consistently involves living a complete life of positive thinking and hard work! It's not about the final hunt but the life that you chose to bring you to those amazing opportunities! Carry on sir! C

14-Oct-15
Wow!

Some of you guys posting above leave me almost speechless..."bet he couldn't do it DIY, bet he was led around by a guide, bet he couldn't do it with a recurve, he killed em all sitting on water, he's longarming in the pics", blah, blah, blah.

The man worked hard, keeps himself in shape and is able, financially and physically to continue to hunt, WITH A BOW AND ARROW, in a manner that he chooses to! Legally and as far as anyone HERE can tell, ethically.

I bet the same, negative guys above would be willing sperm donors to Whoopi Goldberg in exchange for the opportunity to hunt where RU does.

14-Oct-15
Good lord the man has killed a pile of big mule deer and elk.

Charlie, I have found the best way to keep from getting bashed on the old interweb these days is to only kill smaller animals or sometimes none at all. That way nobody gets jealous or accuses me of cheating. Turns out I am better at that than killing big critters:}

14-Oct-15
Rick M...

I should have been called 'Petroglyph'...I think I resemble those rock images where the hunter has arrows flying and animals standing all around!

Big mule deer...I love them.

14-Oct-15
I do get a chuckle from some of the comments. I have spent some time with him in hunting camp. I am willing to bet the farm that there is very few people that are as driven and motivated as he is.

14-Oct-15
A man's success sure can breed jealousy.

14-Oct-15
Randy Ulmer is the mule deer king. He has consistently arrows giant bucks year after year! He seems like a heck of a bowhunter

14-Oct-15
From guys I know that have guided for him they say he is a maniac about every little detail. The guy pays attention to little details which typically is what makes the difference. Randy is Legit!

14-Oct-15
His little tip segment on Bowhunter TV, is one of the main reasons I watch that show.

14-Oct-15
All you have to do is go to this little thing called google. Type in Randy Ulmer, go to his site. There he has pictures of all sorts of animals killed with his bow.

I think the guy is pretty legit. No reason for the hating

14-Oct-15
the guy has my respect, met him at IBO worlds when my sons were little, they asked for his autograph, he dropped right down onto his knees signed the book talked hunting archery, bows with them. He then walked them over to a group of pros, introduced them like my kids where his friends and talked them up to the other pros and had them all sign the book. My kids remember him to this day 20 years later.

That night at dinner, he was with his Easton rep and he stopped by our table to say "hi" to the boys again.

14-Oct-15
Who comes in???? #1 sure dont!! Pac of nabs and slam a RC if your lucky. My toenails are just growing back from where killed them jamming into the crocks following #1. Hunting with him is torture at times...we kill though.

I come in. And nap. Sometimes I'll have a glass of wine with lunch too. Ain't nothing wrong with silver. Oh, to be #1! But I'd have to miss the naps. I'm not sure what a pac of nabs are, but they sound delicious; ). And with an RC? I didn't think they sold that anymore-man, you ARE hardcore!!!

14-Oct-15

Mule deer BOW hunting is a true passion of mine and I can tell you in all sincerity that if I had all of Randy's permits on the same years and all of the help in the world I truly don't think I could get it done year in and year out. It is just tough to consistently kill big mule deer.

To my knowledge there is no other bowhunter that is in Randys League with regard to Mule deer, one could make an argument on some other species but not Mule deer.

Don't be jealous guys there are truly exceptional people around us. Stop, listen, take notes and strive to be your best.

If there was ever a person that we should all be behind as a good steward of our sport, outstanding bowhunter and good human it is Randy Ulmer

14-Oct-15
Well said.

14-Oct-15
X2 Bowkid

14-Oct-15
Well if I had the money Bowkid does and I had better teachers and his fancy smancy spell check thing I could write a better response than he can...too say Bowkid is "the best responder to posts of all time" is ridiculous....seriously you Bowkid leg humpers need to stop idolizing these kind of posters.

Anyone with his kind of money and breaks he has gotten in life could spell words correctly and make sense as well...

14-Oct-15
Bob H in NH, your story says a lot about Randy Ulmer, I've always thought that the best thing about being a famous person would be to meet fans, talk with them,sign things if they want...Make there day basically. It's nice to here that Randy is that kind of person.

15-Oct-15
Shatpstick, that's funny stuff.

15-Oct-15
If this, if that...blah blah blah. The fact is you don't. Regardless of the tags, regardless of any help, it is an absolutely incredible feat to kill the mule deer (and elk) that Randy does year in and year out. From all descriptions he's an incredibly humble and friendly individual as well. I don't see any body else bagging bucks consistently in the quality that he does every year. Even in the premier units, bucks like that aren't a gimme.

15-Oct-15
I don't know how he does it without Sitka or Kuiu.....

15-Oct-15
"Who comes in???? #1 sure dont!! Pac of nabs and slam a RC if your lucky. My toenails are just growing back from where killed them jamming into the crocks following #1. Hunting with him is torture at times...we kill though."

Can't help yourself can you TBM? You are getting even more brave and eventually we will soon see you crapping on every thread that exists.

15-Oct-15
Met Randy at a banquet probably over ten years ago. He was very approachable, very kind and helpful. Can't see how anyone could find a cross word to say about that fellow.

15-Oct-15

I viewed the comments previous to mine and my own as "keep it in perspective" and not "dissing" Mr. Ulmer or Mr. Adams. The guys and gals who shoot big ones now are not far and above better hunters than the great ones who came before. Some now have sponsors, are independently wealthy or have weeks or months at a time to devote to it. The other component is vast improvements in technology with bows, trail cameras, range finders etc.....

There are some others who quietly shoot giants year after year that nobody heard of as well. Mr. Brittingham is hard to beat as he's wealthy and a die hard, obsessed hunter that spends a ton of time doing it. If being guided, leased, auctioned tag, landowner tag doesn't matter then this guy is right up there too. Some of his whitetails are high fence but he goes all over the place. Apparently, when hunting with Mogollan Rim Outfitters, they'll go hard for a couple weeks, sleeping on the mountain.....then R&R off to Vegas on a private jet and then back to hit it again after recuperating. I wish I had the money, and even if I did, perhaps I'd burn out....who knows? As far as mule deer go, the common denominator between Ulmer and Brittingham is or was Greg Krogh.

15-Oct-15

15-Oct-15

15-Oct-15

15-Oct-15

15-Oct-15

16-Oct-15
Both Randy and Jack are great guys. I've never heard of a negative about either and both seem to always be willing to help. I know every time I've been in touch with Jack he has been great, considering I don't personally know him it says a lot!

16-Oct-15
"I understand how being a good person can influence us in liking a personb but it really has nothing to do with how good a hunter that person is or is not."

I guess I assumed that both those guys above didn't need any introduction on the fact that they are some of the best bowhunters out there? Both are dedicated hunters who consistently kill big animals. I agree that South is also a good hunter, but the deer above are in a different class.

16-Oct-15
Can people just say "Nice buck!" and move on?

Nice buck.

16-Oct-15
to me it seems a lot of these photos are altered Look at some of them closely Maybe just me, but they look finky

16-Oct-15
Link to his FB page? I'd like to follow him it can't find it. What a giant!

16-Oct-15
Ace, I gave you the link up above.

16-Oct-15

midwest's Link
He's killed a few decent elk, too.

17-Oct-15
What makes a great Bowhunter?

Dedication and perseverance definitely come to mind. Randy is an IBO World Champion so he definitely has the knowledge and skills with a bow. You do not hold "World Champion" titles without dedication, perseverance and an outstanding work ethic. He also keeps himself in excellent shape...can't say I do that. I do not remember when I last went for a run between a morning and evening hunt. I may have had the "RUNS" because I ate the wrong thing the night before! He also does his research. He hunts in the area's where the BIG BOYS call home and he uses one of the best known guides for that area. Good for him that he has the resources to do this. Many of us have the resources but we fall short on that list.

And he is a great spokesman for Bowhunting. I do not personally know him but he has my vote for a great bowhunter.

17-Oct-15
What makes a great Bowhunter?

Dedication and perseverance definitely come to mind. Randy is an IBO World Champion so he definitely has the knowledge and skills with a bow. You do not hold "World Champion" titles without dedication, perseverance and an outstanding work ethic. He also keeps himself in excellent shape...can't say I do that. I do not remember when I last went for a run between a morning and evening hunt. I may have had the "RUNS" because I ate the wrong thing the night before! He also does his research. He hunts in the area's where the BIG BOYS call home and he uses one of the best known guides for that area. Good for him that he has the resources to do this. Many of us have the resources but we fall short on that list.

And he is a great spokesman for Bowhunting. I do not personally know him but he has my vote for a great bowhunter.

18-Oct-15
Impressive

19-Oct-15
Randy is a great guy, fabulous shot with a bow, and a good modern bowhunter. Has had some great opportunities with awesome tags in awesome hunting units to get some amazing animals.

My points above were to say that he is probably not the "greatest mule deer bowhunter that ever lived".

Pretty sure there were at least several thousand years worth of guys flinging arrows off of bows and arrows at mule deer to keep their families fed and at least a couple of those guys were probably better HUNTERS. Heck, they even had to make all their gear themselves from what they could find laying around on the ground or growing! No compounds, binoculars, trail cams, carbon arrows, steel broadheads, camo, pickup trucks, etc, etc, etc.

19-Oct-15
Randy is a killer, whether those deer are DIY or not. He is the real deal, and an awesome human being. It is amazing the things grown men will choose to hate on...

19-Oct-15
I consider Randy to be one of the very best bowhunters alive and he has fully earned every one of those trophies and the dozens of others he has arrowed over the years. Not only an exceptional bowhunter, but a rare individual as well. He is genuine in all his pursuits and readily gives back to all of us in many ways. Just think of how he has generously and openly shared his technical shooting knowledge plus valuable tips for improvement over the years. I would imagine most of us here do value his teachings. It is pretty obvious that he is one of those rare individuals who masters whatever he sets out to do and proves it consistently and with humility and grace.

I raise a toast to Randy.... Congrats on another fine Mulie.

20-Oct-15
Id definetly say he is in the top 3 all time for archery muleys. I know him personally and have shot many 3d tourneys with him. He is a very humble guy and very respectable. Guided or not a guy still has to make shots on world class animals and he seems to do it year in and year out.

20-Oct-15
Randy is definitely a great hunter and from my limited personal interaction with him, a great guy. Very humble.

As far as the "greatest mule deer hunter"? Possibly Roy Grace. He kills that same caliber of deer most years, except DIY.

20-Oct-15
Treeline, lets see some of your 200" bow kills since you have such an opinion!

21-Oct-15

My buddy's Montana muley from last year at 204 inches. BLM, no guides, no trail cameras and a general tag area that anyone can hunt........a true needle in a haystack.

21-Oct-15

Mount just delivered to him yesterday.........

21-Oct-15

His wife's mule deer from a couple years ago at 196 gross and 193 net.....giant 28 inch main beams. Probably one of the largest mule deer a woman has ever killed in the state. Once again, BLM public land that anyone can hunt.

21-Oct-15
When people start throwing terms like "the greatest" around, it gets Mohammed Ali-ish really quickly. Didn't see a single poster dispute that Randy is one of the greatest, so maybe we should just leave it at that. The fact that both he and Jack are quality individuals is a bonus.

22-Oct-15
Pete Shepley, founder of PSE, was doing a seminar years ago and mentioned one of his sheep he killed. Some smart tart in the crowd said if he had Pete's money, he could kill big animals too.

Pete said, "OK, make you a deal. I will buy you a sheep hunt. If you kill a sheep, you don't owe me a thing. If you don't, you owe me double." The loud mouth shut up.

Good hunters are good hunters. They can get it done no matter what.

Congrats to Randy.

23-Oct-15
^^^ I would have taken that challenge so fast his head would have spun clean off...(And his check book would have taken a pretty solid hit too)

25-Oct-15
I would not dispute who is the greatest Mule Deer bowhunter or bowhunter in general. It seems like we all either know someone or look up to another hunter that we respect, and that's a good thing, because it gives us hope and motivation. To somewhat put Randy's success into perspective I will share my first encounter with him approximately 15 years ago. We both had unit 9 elk tags in Arizona and as a nonresident I was excited and motivated to give this tag my best effort. I made a separate scouting trip from my home state of Washington to AZ to scout the unit the best I could for 5 days. I then returned 2 days before the opener feeling excited and confidant. As luck would have it I bumped into Randy, who I had never met previously, about noon on opening day. After some casual bowhunter talk Randy invited my hunting partner and myself to his camp for lunch the next day. When we arrived for lunch Randy had a 390 rack inside his trailer to share with us that he had killed the previous evening. He did not have the rack outside "showing it off" like most of the rest of us would have done. After exchanging our elk encounters up to that point, Randy had mentioned that he had spent a total of 18 days scouting prior to the hunt! Even though at that time I had about 25 years of bowhunting elk under my belt, I really listened and learned. I would suggest that the entire Ulmer family's bowhunting success is no mistake. Whether it is information you gather at a "outdoor show", a good article, or a chance encounter with someone that you respect...listen and learn.

27-Oct-15
X2 Elkman.

25-Nov-15
BK - Never killed a 200" mule deer - missed a few, though! That is not the point, is it?

Would have to say that the "Greatest Mule Deer Bow Hunter to have ever lived" would probably be some nameless guy that was putting food on his family's table and not worried about how big the antlers were. Did it to stay alive, had hundreds of generations of bowhunting knowledge handed down verbally, and got really good at it over his life time.

I am not knocking Randy Ulmer. Absolutely a great guy and great bow hunter.

The common denominator on lots of big velvet mule deer being killed every year (and not just by Randy) is Greg Krogh. Would love to have the ability to go over there every year and hunt with him! He must really know his country well and how to bow hunt those mule deer! If I ever draw that tag, I know who I will call if I need help!

I am sure that Randy has figured out some tricks and special places over there that Greg doesn't know about as well over the years. I am glad that Randy is able to have the opportunity hunt that area year after year and get such eye-popping mule deer!

25-Nov-15
I'd like to see what he kills hunting in southwest Pa. lol

Yeah... he is the real deal. His elk are jaw dropping too.

28-Nov-15
Now you’re getting a little to philosophical Treeline, but I guess that’s all you have after getting beat over the head with this topic. My quibble is that you act as if Randy’s success is bought and paid for, not earned. I could concede that argument if he had just a handful of giant mule deer to his credit, but his mule deer resume far exceeds “just a handful.” I don’t know if Randy is the greatest mule deer bowhunter or not, and really don’t care; but from what I can gain through others here that have met and/or spoken with him, I doubt his humility would even allow him to entertain the idea or accept such a title. Frankly, I wish there were more bowhunting personalities today that had even an ounce of his humility. Instead, they use the bowhunting passion we all love to stroke their ego. Our sport would be better served with more Randy Ulmers.

28-Nov-15
"Our sport would be better served with more Randy Ulmers."

x2

• Sitka Gear