Sixby 08-Jan-16
willliamtell 08-Jan-16
LINK 08-Jan-16
Rockbass 10-Jan-16
19-Oct-15

Huntcell 's embedded Photo

Huntcell 's Link
White hunter kills biggest elephant in thirty years. Poses with kill. Waiting for fallout from antis

Hunter pays $60,000, kills biggest elephant seen in decades in Africa

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/10/16/hunter-pays-60000-kills- biggest-elephant-seen-in-decades-in-africa.html? intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obinsite

19-Oct-15

But its tusks, which touch the ground in a photograph taken moments after its shooting, confirmed its exceptional nature, weighing an estimated 120lb each

19-Oct-15
I want to know how may it took to get that beast up on his brisket for a photo. That will feed some locals.

19-Oct-15

Classic photo what a specimen wow!

Plus 100 pounders in 2015 No Way !

19-Oct-15
No no silly, he's from Germany ! Only north American hunters are murderers.

19-Oct-15
I bet he can even take them home....

20-Oct-15
Bull didn't have a name so it's OK.

Terry

20-Oct-15
It's OK only because he's wearing birkenstocks.

20-Oct-15
hunting elephant, regardless of how necessary, will never be well received. it just does not play well. not a good image.

20-Oct-15
Alot of knife handles in those things.....

20-Oct-15
What happens to those 100 pound ivories now?

20-Oct-15
Is it just me or does the photo above with the guy holding both tusks appear that the tusks are not touching the ground. Something does not look right in that photo.

20-Oct-15
The picture is fine. Tusk get very thin at the top end and they often put something inside to keep from crushing or cracking them.

What happened to the last Zim record elephant was that the tusk were brought to America and are sitting in a trophy room being admired daily for the last 25 years.

20-Oct-15
Congrats to him on a fine trophy. The elephant didn't have a name so I think he's safe, and its not as cuddly as Cecil.

20-Oct-15
Nobody is as cuddly as me ;)

20-Oct-15

deerhaven's Link
Here is another link to some very intelligent reporting on this elephant.

20-Oct-15
Deerhaven, and these people breed!

I think they need to to give Fuzzy a good cuddling.

Monster Bull, congrats to the hunter. I also want to know how many people or what crane did it take to get that feller up in that position for the photo?

20-Oct-15
If I recall reading on elephanting hunting sometimes a brain shot elephant will fall in the position like in the photo.

20-Oct-15
I don't like it.

There, I said it.

20-Oct-15
Love it. Look like money for conservation, food for a hundred people, and an elephant that was harvested under the terms and agreement of wildlife management.

The other option, elephant poached, tuck go to black market, no money for conservation and poachers buy new technology guns and people to poach even more...

20-Oct-15
Congratulations to the hunter on a beautiful trophy, and to the locals on the huge pile of protein.

20-Oct-15
I would have loved to been on that hunt as the hunter or even as an observer.

If you read huntcell's supporting link carefully all the way to end you will read that they found 26 other elephants that were killed by cyanide poisoning from poachers and an additional 14 other dead elephants in other situations. That is the tragedy that most will miss.

20-Oct-15
Hope you get a fine whitetail this year! Good luck! C

06-Jan-16
If we as hunters are going to allow which animals it's OK to kill and which it is not based solely on emotion and not solid conservation based science, then our sport is all but doomed.

Allowing elaphents to be hunted and making them the property of the local tribes in that area and turning 100% of all monies made from such hunts over to the local peoples of that area is one of if not the best way to eliminate poaching as a threat. That elaphent that was worth only a few $$$ to the local poacher now becomes worth tens of thousands of dollars. Also you have a considerable food source made available from hunting that almost without exception is waisted when a animal is poached.

06-Jan-16
Darton we already dictate which animals are ok to kill and which are not.

How do you like your horse meat.

Our federal government spends millions every year to relocate wild horses to private ranches and feed them. It would generate revenue to simply issue licenses but could you imagine the fallout.

06-Jan-16
Bet there was some nice sized back straps on that old boy.

Anyone here ever eat elephant? heck i'd try it. One steak would feed the whole family.

06-Jan-16
Yep, one elephant sandwich is huge!!

07-Jan-16
BoonROTO, nothing wrong with horse meat, and no reason they shouldn't be hunted.

07-Jan-16
BuzzFeed should be held legally responsible for putting the word "News" anywhere on that piece.

Should be a clear violation of Truth in Advertising regulations...

But look at those "reporters" - a bunch of city kids with no clue about nothin', including the fact that this was apparently a 100% legal & authorized deal conducted under specific management guidelines. Not passing judgement on the Dentist, but it sounds like the Cecil deal was horsesch!tt from the get-go, and the outfitter should be taken to task for it. And will be.

At one point in my life I probably wanted to kill an Elephant, just because so many shooting editors had done it and had come away with great romantic stories and notions about the whole thing. Now, I'm not sure I need to do that. And at $60k, I really don't think it's going to come up as an issue!

Bowhunting for burros or Mustangs isn't going to catch on until P&Y and B&C have settled on the scoring criteria or somebody figures out how to make them sprout either antlers or horns. But you slap a big 6X6 Elk rack on one o' those ponies, and people will put into the draw for YEARS to get one. Probably even makes them taste good ;)

07-Jan-16
Money makes everything right. Right???? To me this is really sad. But hey, To each your own.

God bless, Steve

07-Jan-16
No doubt about it the money aspect is both a blessing and curse. On one hand it pays for much good in regards to conservation and on the other hand it's seen as greasing the wheels and lining pockets. Maybe they are both true

08-Jan-16
Sixby the only thing sad about this is that it takes 60000 grand to hunt one and I'll never have the opportunity. :( I don't get how some people call themselves hunters.

08-Jan-16
LInk:I don't get how some people call themselves hunters.

Got to agree with that one. Perhaps there are hunters that fall into different classes./ I have always hunted and killed game first to eat and then to enjoy the hunt. They are so closely related to me that I cannot really differentiate between the two/ I on the other hand would never kill a grand old animal like that bull. The reason being that I respect his life too much to take it for a bit of fame, pleasure short lived or some sick kind of self indulgence in just killing to kill. Neither do I respect in any way , shape or form those that do. Tf that is what you call hunting then I am sorry for you.

God bless, Steve

08-Jan-16
Hunting is no longer a necessity, it is a sport. As long as I thought an elephant hunt was sporting I would gladly participate. I wouldn't shed a tear at harvesting a big old bull just as I don't cry when I hit a turtle on the road that's possibly been around longer than I have. I guess it's just something within me, put there by God or my parents, that knows that animals have their place. Whether it's purpose is meat, ivory, a fur coat, or sport, matters not to me. As long as it's done legally and the animal is utilized by someone I have no concerns about the hunters motivation. I love elk meat and would eat 3 a year if I could kill that many, yet I've been known to shoot a doe and give it to a needy family, all while satisfying my urge to let the air out of something. I also understand that animals as a whole are something that benefit from hunting management and if someone wants to pay 60k to take part in that effort and feed a village while doing so, who am I to begrudge them. It's about time hunters start siding with other legal hunters, even if the targeted specie is not our cup of tea. It won't be long until the assault on hunting Americans is ramped up to record levels. It will happen in part because we let it happen, and in some cases supported it, in Africa. I am not a "meat hunter" nor a "trophy hunter" I'm simply a hunter.

08-Jan-16
Link:SEND THIS PERSON TO THE EDITORS FOR ATTENTION...

Hunting is no longer a necessity, it is a sport

Couldn't prove that by my family, We live on Salmon, bear, deer and elk for out meat and have since I was a kid. There are, as I stated several different kind of hunters. I have never looked at hunting as a sport. However I have hunted all my life. I do not kill because I like to as you stated want to let the air out of an animal. In fact it saddens me every time I do. But that said I love to hunt and I hunt to kill. The killing just happens to be the least enjoyable part to me. Buttttt its so hard to eat steak off of live elk.

Link, It won't be long until the assault on hunting Americans is ramped up to record levels.

Launched and ramped up a long time ago and about to end hunting as we now know it. Its called Wolf. Hunter Replacement Unit.

Link:It's about time hunters start siding with other legal hunters,

Big tent , cookie cutter hunters> Sorry Bud. I don't side with high fence, tied up animals. Multiple guides dogging an animal and bringing in the great white shooter for his glory , hunting. Plus a few others like the crossbow and bowgun stuff. You can do that but don't demand I do it or anyone else does it in order for you to call them a hunter. You started this with your snide divisive remark about how I don't know how some people call themselves hunters./ No one I saw was questioning whether or not you are a hunter. Sooooooooooo who is being devisive here?

God bless, Steve

08-Jan-16
I don't know how that Link send this person to the editors got on here but not my doing , at least not purposefully.

God bless, steve

08-Jan-16
legal, ethical kill - congratulations all around.

08-Jan-16
Six we agree on 99.9% of things I'm sure and nearly everything you just listed. I just disagree that we should take that .1% and divide ourselves over it and fight with those we don't agree 100% with. If you want to fight a hunter over hunting intricacies, go for it but we need to unite around fighting the anti hunting agenda.

10-Jan-16
Congrats to the hunter. Far less Elephant hunting taking place in Africa equates to one thing....More opportunity for poachers!

Link...for a 21 day hunt in Tanzania it adds up quick and 60,000 is the norm. In many other African countries far less....in 2010 I paid 16,000 Cdn. for a 10 day archery hunt in Zimbabwe...yes...I booked it 3 months before the hunt and that is why I got such a good deal but deals still can be had in good areas with good outfitters.

Elephant is ok...I like Warthog, bushbuck, Springbok, Impala, Eland and buffalo better....I thought the elephant backstraps to be a little chewy, but that may be because it was from an old bull?

• Sitka Gear