Bowboy 01-Nov-15
Jaquomo 01-Nov-15
cityhunter 01-Nov-15
orionsbrother 01-Nov-15
Jaquomo 01-Nov-15
orionsbrother 01-Nov-15
ELKMAN 02-Nov-15
26-Oct-15
Very good read.. You have too much fun and time on your hands!!

26-Oct-15
Is the Bowhunter issue out?

26-Oct-15
If it's the new Bowhunter, great articles by a couple other Bowsiters too - Matt Palmquist and Ron Niziolek.

If it's one of my other recent articles, thank you for the compliment, as well!

27-Oct-15
Outstanding... My privilege to say that I know all three of you hardcore and passionate P&Y members. Great reading... Ed F

27-Oct-15
talking the new bowhunter..

27-Oct-15
Haven't gotten to it yet. Too much bowsite :)

29-Oct-15
Thanks Lou and Ed. Lou and Matt Palmquist are the masters of plains muleys.

29-Oct-15
Gotta pay for the wife's landscaping projects somehow I guess.... heheheh...

Gonna have to check it out.... although we're about 6 months behind on magazines over here.... =D

29-Oct-15
Matt's in Kansas and they can bait there. Would that make him a master...?

Sorry, buddy, couldn't resist! Matt is the master, I'm just a student.

30-Oct-15
Matts very good but shooting deer w trad bows on ground.. Hell I make those bows and still if I don't have the time to shoot I'll take the compound out..

30-Oct-15
Thanks for the heads up guys. I guess I saw that ugly mug in the picture and immediately turned the page to the next story!! Lou could you tell us more about what bow you used and arrow broadhead combination. Great read by the way after I put my hand over the picture.

30-Oct-15
Dang, the girls tell me im getting better looking as I get older. Way to pop my bubble!

On that one I used a 53# osage/cocabola recurve with bamboo limbs that my longtime hunting partner built. The limbs have a cross-hatched carbon center lam to give the bamboo better stability and quicker recovery. Smooth and fast. Full length Easton Epic 400 shafts and a 125 grain Muzzy three-blade. That's my go-to setup for that bow. For my heavier 57# longbows and recurve I use weighted Gold Tips. But those Epic 400s fly really well from this bow.

30-Oct-15
Very cool!

Great job fellas! Making us proud!

Mark

30-Oct-15
Lou is way too humble....no question he is the master and I just get lucky once in a while!

I also hear he has been sneaking over to Kansas to work on his baiting skills...be a master before you know it;)

Btw...thanks guys!!

Matt

30-Oct-15
Way to go Bowsite regulars!!!

31-Oct-15
Lou is the bomb when it comes to mulies!

31-Oct-15
I was happy to see a muley article in the whitetail special! Need something for us western guys to read in each issue.

01-Nov-15
lou send me a signed and numbered copy :o

01-Nov-15
I finally got time to read the articles today. Matt, Lou, and Ron great stories and pictures. Those are some exceptional animals taken!

01-Nov-15
Hey, they hire Ron, Matt and me to SELL magazines! Run down to the grocery and buy one and we'll all autograph it for ya. I'll throw in a free signed Hoochie Mama too!

;-)

01-Nov-15
ok will do !

01-Nov-15
I tried four different places to pick up a copy. No joy.

Having spent more in gas and time than a subscription, I punted and went with convenience and got the electronic version.

Finally successful in my quest, I took a few minutes to relax and read the story with a six year old, which involved full contact wrestling and commentary. And questions. And observations.

"Dad, how come Lou's mule deer is bigger than yours?"

01-Nov-15
Tell her that like my special "fishing ruler", I have a special hunting camera that makes the animal look bigger than they really are!

01-Nov-15
Ha! I don't know if that's believable, but at least you didn't suggest that I keep the x-Ray thread away from the wife!

I enjoyed your story very much. Going to get to Matt and Ron's tomorrow.

02-Nov-15
Very nice! Great to see bowsiters doing so well.

• Sitka Gear