MATHEWSSHOOTER 01-Nov-15
MATHEWSSHOOTER 01-Nov-15
kota-man 01-Nov-15
Russell 02-Nov-15
midwest 02-Nov-15
bliz6 02-Nov-15
Paul@thefort 20-Nov-15
27-Oct-15
This hunt started January of 2013 .Myself and Bliz6 booked a woodland caribou hunt thru BSC with another outfitter. Forward a year talking with my wife she had some interest on coming on the hunt so I bought airline tickets for two 6 mouths in black cloud showed its ugly head.In late june Mark from BSC text me your hunt has been concealed please call me asap. I got on the phone he told me the outfitter could not get caribou tags.How can a guy not get tags a year and a half before the hunted to this day the outfitter has never contacted us saying sorry or try to make good some how. Mark from BSC got on the phone and found us a new outfitter on short notes little more money and dates had to change from oct 9th to 15th to oct 11 to the 19th.Dadg outfitters is the new outfitter.Getting back to airline tickets had to change them ( buy travel insurance)witch I did not planned to but did not $400 later and travel insurance we had new tickets .My wife could not make the new dates so we kept the oct 7th arrival do a little sight seeing and she would go home oct 11th .July 4th I get a phone message from Canada air your flights have been concealed (black cloud)#2 4 hours on the phone got new flights NO EXTRA COST.Aug another phone message your fights have been concealed black cloud #3 1hour on the phone got new fights and last time.

27-Oct-15
Bring it on guys!!!

Looking forward to the challenges and successes!!!

Mark

28-Oct-15
Black clouds for sure on this trip! I guess it adds to the memories though.

My flight changes went a little smoother but I ended up with 3 flights on two airlines to get to Newfoundland and 4 flights on two airlines to get back to Denver. Believe it or not I had no issues with luggage.

Have to also thank Mark from BSC. He had two very disappointed and well just plain pissed hunters. He really stepped up to make things right.

28-Oct-15

MATHEWSSHOOTER's embedded Photo
Oct7TH wife and I get on the plane headed to the rock .First stop Tornado we get off go to the customs no problem getting thru as we are walking to the gate a air port helper says we need to pick up or checked bags .I ask the united rep witch we used to get to Tornado do I need to pick up my bags she says no they will at when we to self have longer lay overs 1.5 hrs is not long in lay over 2.5 hrs then to hitches until we got to I have no bow case or duffle bag was supposed to check my bow and bag in Tornado.Day and half later mu bow and bag cought up to me thanks to the nice lady at Canaden air in Deerlake. Rented a car drove 1852 Km on the Island sight seeing.

28-Oct-15

28-Oct-15

28-Oct-15
A father/son good friends of mine hunted moose with that outfit the week prior to you. Looking forward to your story!

29-Oct-15
Well???

29-Oct-15
Hey Brandon......wake up! You get distracted?

29-Oct-15
Nick

There was a father and son leaving when we landed. We had some helicopter issues so we were a few hours late. I believe they were a little worried about missing their return flight so we didn't have a chance to talk to them. I believe they got a moose and a caribou if I remember correctly??

29-Oct-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
bliz6, They only had moose tags. The son got a moose. Father had some close calls but didn't score.

29-Oct-15
I am so confused

29-Oct-15
Bou....we're just filling in for the intermission.

Hey MATHEWSSHOOTER! HELLO????

30-Oct-15
sorry I do work some times put my wife on a plane for Denver sunday morning oct 11.Our guide is to pick bliz6 and I up at 7 a.m the 11th At 6:30 we where loaded and ready for the 2 hr drive to meet the helicopter for the 10 min ride to camp.The ride on the helicopter is first come first served at the heli pad which is a dirt patch next to the hiway. The helicopter is moving another outfitter out for the season there will be a little wait so we hung out. our ride came back we find out that we can not get to camp the pilot can not shut down the copter so we wait 6 hrs hoping they get it outfitters dad takes down to see if its fix and it is our hunt is on off we go.

30-Oct-15

30-Oct-15

As we get to camp the father and son team where ready to go they had a flight out of deerlake to catch.Bliz6 and I settled in shot our bows met every one and had a good dinner.Our cook was great she was a baker and made great sweats every day I think we gained some pounds during our hunt.

30-Oct-15

30-Oct-15

30-Oct-15

30-Oct-15

all the comforts of home

30-Oct-15

30-Oct-15
Finally! Almost like a sequel!

Bring it on guys....great stuff!

How long are the chopper rides?

How remote....ie...did you ever encounter other hunters?

How long was your hunt (I know you both killed on the first day, but how long was it scheduled for?

I assume moose could be added (with more days) to this hunt?

Mark

30-Oct-15

oct 12th Bliz6 and I huntede together 2on1 for one day because the 2 guys that where in camp still bought 2 more days so they could hunt moose. They had killed there caribou days earlierit payed off one guy killed a bull that day.

30-Oct-15

we tppk a short boat ride across the pond witch we call a lake in the states we found a old bull right away but did not have any tops. We pass him the fog was coming in so we took alittle break and glassed in between fog clouds.I found a realy good bull we watch him for awill Bliz6 found a herd of dozen or so about 1 1/2 miles away. The bull that I spoted left the country so chance on catching him.Dean our guide says the herd was a little far I looked at Bill (bliz6) and we knew we wanted to go after them.Bill and I told him we are from colo thats not far for us so off we go.And hour later we could see 2 bulls One good one and not so good one.

31-Oct-15
Mark

Our hunt was scheduled for 7 days if I remember correctly. We took a helicopter in to camp and a float plane out. It was short - maybe 10 minutes or so.

We didn't see any other hunters. Moose can be added as well as days.

Let me know if you want more details or contact information.

01-Nov-15

we passed on this bull and the other had a charmed life and got away.As we glassed around we found more caribou back near the boat area there was a bull walking and we watched him lay down the stalk was on.It was Bliz6 turn we made a great stalk.Bill and Dean crawled to 35 yds of the bull.They got some great footage of the bull yawning Dean stared to wave at the bull the bull stood up and grunted and came to Bliz6 and Dean Bliz6 put arrow in to him.Bull traveled 50 yard fell Bills HUNT iS OVER

01-Nov-15
Beautiful bull.....er, stag, Bill!

01-Nov-15
Congrats on a great bull Bill!!!! Thanks for the info...will follow up for more details once I get this "sheep fever" under control:)

Mark

01-Nov-15

We packed Bills bull out I asked Dean what are we doing tomorrow walking behind camp see if we can find the bull I missed that is walking that direction.The boat ride back Dean found a bull beded in a cove behind camp.Dean and Bill droped and down loaded Bills hunt.We jumped in the boat and made a dash to the beded stag as we got close the stag stood up and racked a tree. Dean and I got the decoy that I brought and used it as a shield and waled to 25 yrs before we got picked off.The stag took off and stoped at 40 yrds his mistake my hunt is over with stag down.One day in camp Bill and I are done.we seen between 30 and 40 caribou 4 moose.we hung out in camp help pack another hunters moose out help fix the argo eat.we took a float plane out.Bill got to go home early I stayed In deerlake for 3 daysthan went home.

01-Nov-15

01-Nov-15
"will follow up for more details once I get this "sheep fever" under control:)" yeah right. :) There's no controlling you and the "fever" lasts a LONG time. (My wife is actually working on a vaccine.)

Congrats again guys...

02-Nov-15
Congrats to both of you.

Thanks for sharing your adventure.

02-Nov-15
Nice! Congrats Brandon....great pic!

02-Nov-15
That sheep fever is a killer for sure! I have a pretty bad case of it myself. Cory you need to sabotage your wife's plans or it will go bad for all of us!

This was a great hunt guys - ping me if you want more details.

20-Nov-15
Brandon. Nicely done. Paul

• Sitka Gear