Bear Track 22-Dec-15
SteveB 22-Dec-15
Rocking R 22-Dec-15
PSUhoss 22-Dec-15
PSUhoss 22-Dec-15
Trial153 22-Dec-15
02-Nov-15

Bear Track's Link
Here's your heads up guys and gals. We're running our annual Christmas auction again and will start December 1st as usual. Dec. 1st I'll post the rules (which are simple)

Good luck to everyone hunting this fall and even more good luck being the highest bidder for one of our all inclusive bear hunts at Bear Track Outfitters.

02-Nov-15
Get your piggy bank out guys and gals....this is an amazing hunt and put on by a very UNselfish Outfitter! Some charity wins big!

30-Nov-15
Here we go everyone, our auction starts tomorrow, Dec. 1st.

Rules of our bear hunt auction are:

This auction is for an all inclusive bear hunt for a 2016 spring hunt with Bear Track Outfitters available to Bowsite members only.

We will run this auction's for 14-20 days duration, depending on interest and activity as we do each year.

Once the auction is closed, the winning bidder will donate his winning bid to his charity of choice. Then to receive their hunt, they will produce a copy of their tax deductible receipt to us as proof of donation. You get the deduction and the hunt. Very simple.

Bear Track Outfitters will not receive one penny from this auction. This is our chance, as every other year, to give back to our way of life we have here in our corner of the world. Bowsiters get to participate and get a healthy deduction on their taxes and a bear hunt as incentive.

Bowsite and it's owners and management will not be held responsible for any costs, inconveniences, accidents, etc. relating to this auction.

Don't be shy, and please when you are presenting your bid, include your charity of choice. I know a few regulars on here will be throwing their hats in the ring quickly as they do every year.

Jeannine and I wish you luck in becoming our next guest in camp.

01-Dec-15
$2500.00 to St. Judes

01-Dec-15
2600 to St. Judes

01-Dec-15
$3,089 to wounded warriors

02-Dec-15
There you go Grant. Good Charity.

05-Dec-15
Good morning Bowsiters. Who's in a giving mood?

05-Dec-15
$3200.00 St. Judes

08-Dec-15
You guys are out of my league- but I wish you the best to you- This is an awesome thing you have going on here, Bear Track!

10-Dec-15
to the top!

10-Dec-15
You forgot your bid for this year Steve!

I've been in our annual lodges and outfitters' assoc. convention the last 3 days, and am back if anyone has a question that needs an answer.

Now, back to buying a new truck, uuggghh!

13-Dec-15
TTT

15-Dec-15
Great chance to give to charity and have a great bear hunt. This is a great gesture by Ron & Jeannine Dare.

I'll be hunting with Ron again this year.

15-Dec-15
must be a tough economy this year, or bear hunting has lost it's appeal. in the past this would be a much different thread.

15-Dec-15
I would bid but my Grandson is fortunate enough to be the recipient of a donated hunt from, Tom Foss. My son and I will accompany "Riley", 3 generations of Metcalf's in Camp may be a bit more than Ron bargained for when he so Generously donated this hunt!!!

15-Dec-15
I'm thinking huntinelk is snickering to himself this year. He bought our first auction and paid a bunch more than his bid that's up now.

15-Dec-15
It's still a long way from over. Kinda feel a little guilty, should go for at least 2X as much

15-Dec-15
Yeah, I wouldnt be packing the bags just yet :)

15-Dec-15
I was just thinking to myself that I haven't seen much action on here this year. Let's get a last minute rush going. I'll go $3,500 to Water For Life. A small organization that works in Haiti.

17-Dec-15
Well, just cant resist any longer.....

$3750 for Africa Health & Hope building churches and drilling wells in the Kenya Bush. I've personally been there and it's amazing.

17-Dec-15
Giddy up Steve!

17-Dec-15
Good Afternoon Ron

I would like to donate $5000.00 to go to FACE, Foundation for Advancement of Christian Education Jamestown ND USA

17-Dec-15
Now we're talkin'!

17-Dec-15
I have been to Jamestown a few times actually. Thank you!

17-Dec-15
Whoops, double post, sorry but got it back to the top!

17-Dec-15
Today a year ago my grandpa passed away. He started water for life in Haiti after having a heart attack in his fifties. He was a wealthy businessman. He died with very little in the way of money and goods, but very wealthy in the way of legacy.

He often told his kids and grandkids that our inheritance is spread around Haiti. The work that he has started there has improved the lives of many. For 5,000 you can sponsor a well that will provide safe drinking water for a community. I am going to sponsor a well this year.

We also enjoy giving to World Vision this time of year. They have a great Christmas giving program that you can give practical gifts to give. Our family enjoys picking out practical items to share. I want to learn and also to teach my kids to live for more than just ourselves.

We'll be giving 5000 to Haiti and 500 to world vision. All that to say. $5,500

18-Dec-15
Your grandfather was obviously a good man Stick Slinger! I learned giving from my father at a young age as well......he is still with us but elderly and will also depart the earth with very little worldly goods. But the legacy he left is priceless. I am certain that he sent his treasure on ahead of him and will "pick them up later". :)

18-Dec-15
And oh....by the way....the example that Ron and Jeannine Dare are setting for their family as well as our sport is a legacy that will be long remembered.

Two kind hearted, hard-working and giving folks right there.

18-Dec-15
With 1 week left till Christmas, I would like to raise my donation to $7500.00 to FACE. Also wish everyone a safe holiday season and Merry Christmas.

18-Dec-15
Bamm!!!!!!

18-Dec-15
Humbling. Great job to all! Merry Christmas!

20-Dec-15
To give a few of you a chance to get back to work and see how this auction is doing, maybe on your coffee break, I'm thinking tomorrow the 21st noon, we'll call this auction closed and announce the winner. Thanks up till today everyone.

20-Dec-15
Wow, a week ago I thought I had a chance at this. Now I'm emptying my piggy bank and my kids' piggy banks. Let's try again. 5000 for a well in Haiti 1000 to world vision 2000 to Rosedale Mennonite Mission, an organization that we have worked with in the past

$8,000

20-Dec-15
You guys are awesome!!!

20-Dec-15
This is one awesome, incredible auction !!! Forget about "ttt" !!

20-Dec-15
My donation of 10000.00 was given to Face on friday. To all the people who made bids and paid to your favorite causes, remember we are all winners. Have a Merry Christmas and thank you for helping others during this holiday season.

20-Dec-15
$1,000,000.00 Just kidding! Merry Christmas everybody. Help someone less fortunate this year. There's always someone less fortunate.

Thanks Ron and Jeannine

21-Dec-15
Well, I'm back. I thought I was done last night. I was awake for a while this morning thinking about it more. I'm going to up it another 5,000 for an additional well in Haiti. I guess that puts it to $13,000

21-Dec-15
Holy moly....way to go guys!

21-Dec-15
Incredible! Way to go guys. I can't wait to give like this someday.

21-Dec-15
Now this is right where it should be....or just a little higher :)

21-Dec-15
This makes me proud to be a bowsiter! The generous members and sponsors are all represented here in one thread. God bless you all and merry Christmas!

21-Dec-15
... a great gesture by Ron & Jeannine, God bless them and all the generous bidders.

Merry Christmas to all.

22-Dec-15
Wow

22-Dec-15

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo
Guessing we'll call this year's Christmas Auction a success and now closed.

Jeannine and I want to say, it is an honor and a pleasure to be at a point in our lives where we have the opportunity to give back to a country that has treated us so well. These last couple weeks, as in past years, we keep coming back to the computer to refresh Bowsite to see how our auction is doing. The last couple days has been lost of fun.

Stick Slinger can you please contact me at [email protected] and we'll get your particulars and choose a date for your bear hunt. Thanks

To all that followed and put in bids, Jeannine and I want to thank you again for another great year and giving us a great way to end it. Congratulations to all of us and Merry Christmas.

22-Dec-15
Whoops! Too early in the morning for me I guess. That should read "lots of fun", not "lost of fun".

Sorry.

22-Dec-15
Congratulations everyone...well done. You will have a great trip StickSlinger! And thanks Ron and Jeannine!

22-Dec-15
Wow...way to go everyone. Thank you Ron and Jeannine for doing this. Truly a wonderful gesture. Congratulations to all of the bidders. All of you deserve serious kudos for thinking of others during this holiday season. StickSlinger, you will have a great trip. I hunted with Ron last year and had a great trip.

Merry Christmas!

22-Dec-15
Good on everyone involved. That is the True meaning of Christmas, giving to others.

22-Dec-15
Good on everyone involved. That is the True meaning of Christmas, giving to others.

22-Dec-15
Well done, all the way around..

• Sitka Gear