6 points 14-Nov-15
azcouescrazy 14-Nov-15
Mark 14-Nov-15
azcouescrazy 14-Nov-15
bowbender77 15-Nov-15
azcouescrazy 15-Nov-15
6 points 15-Nov-15
13-Nov-15
I am sitting on 9 points right now and debating what I should do. I'm debating on 19a or 21, possibly also looking at 5b. Any ideas? Just wanting a mature buck. Thanks in advance. Daniel

14-Nov-15
Hmm, the dilemma....What is yer idea of a mature buck? A pretty one to put on the wall? An 80"? Personally I would not burn 9 points on unit 21. 19A is not the unit it used to be but, it is possible to get a good buck and there is private land that access can be bought.

If you want to hunt in the northern country, pines, etc., then you may want to look at 11M also as, it is a bowhunting only unit and there are bucks there that will go over 80" and it borders part of 5B. Good luck in yer endeavors.

14-Nov-15
I have never been to 11m, 5b sounds interesting also maybe 5a. A mature buck for me is just a good representative of the species.

14-Nov-15
I had a tag in unit 10 this year. It's a far cry from what it used to be! I feel cheated burning 13 points there. Part of it is my fault. I was unaware that you could not hunt water or use a blind on the Boquillas Ranch/Diamond A Ranch! The antelope numbers were extremely low compared to 14 or 15 years ago when I also had a tag there! With that said, I was grateful for the opportunity to hunt in Arizona. Also the amount of land & roads available to the general public has dramatically diminished since my last hunt there!

14-Nov-15
The boquillas drama is why I wanted to stay away from 10, I just dont wanna waste the points. I'm thinking 5b first and then I'm not sure.

15-Nov-15
I have lived in unit 11M for over 30 years and I would not burn any points to hunt Antelope in that unit. I would be looking at unit 5B or 7 with that many points.

15-Nov-15
I'm gonna stick with 5b for a first, I have never been to 7 but that may be an option, are there water holes to sit when I'm tired of spot and stalking. Looks like a 0 percent success last year on that hunt.

15-Nov-15
If you want to sit waterholes for lope, you better stay in the lower units.

• Sitka Gear