'Ike' (Phone) 09-Mar-16
Kwikdraw 09-Mar-16
Frank Sanders 11-Mar-16
No Mercy Hunting 02-Jun-16
No Mercy Hunting 02-Jun-16
19-Nov-15

sleddogpa's embedded Photo
Had another amazing hunt at the Diamond C. Awesome black buck and a hog to finish up my trip. Can't wait till next year.

19-Nov-15
Very nice black buck. Congrats on a very nice trophy.

20-Nov-15
Oh I want one of those soo bad! Stunning photo too, congrats.

20-Nov-15
Sweet so much fun congrats

20-Nov-15
Can you do a write up of your hunt? Is it stand hunting or spot and stalk? Beautiful animal and picture, Congrats!

20-Nov-15
great photo! I'm thinking of going to Diamond C this winter. How wild are the animals there? I understand that most exotics will never be like whitetails. But I don't want to be able to walk up to it a shoot it.

20-Nov-15
Congrats on a great black buck, I personally think they are one of the prettiest animals out there.

20-Nov-15
Nice buck and gorgeous photo. Black buck make great mounts and are good eating. I would recommend a full body mount if you can afford it. I think they're the coolest exotic animal out there. They have a personality like a German Shorthair, high strung and wired to go at all times.

Mountainman, you won't be able to walk up to a black buck and shoot one. I can guarantee that. Spot and stalk is really tough as well with a bow and arrow. Your success on a nice male black buck is strictly based on the amount they have and caliber you want to shoot. I would not recommend passing on 17"-18" hoping for a chance at a 20", unless they say there's plenty of 20" out there.

20-Nov-15

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
Here are a couple I had come in on me this past January when I was pig hunting at Diamond C. They are beautiful animals and wired !

20-Nov-15

20-Nov-15

20-Nov-15

20-Nov-15

20-Nov-15
Greg, I have been thinking lately about an Axis deer hunt at Diamond C, but that third buck ( from the top ) is a real beauty ! I never before had a hankering to shoot a Blackbuck, but I may have to rethink that..........

21-Nov-15
Don,

My nickname for a blackbuck is "Zarro" because of the face markings. I'm sure you are old enough to remember the character.

They are dainty and wired. My hat is off to any successful bowhunter who takes one.

I think they are a prized exotic trophy.

22-Nov-15
Beautiful trophy and great pic too! Congrats!

23-Nov-15
On this sit I was in an elevated blind between two big green fields. In both fields there were black bucks. The only problem is all they want to do is run doe's and chase off any other buck that comes near his doe's. I got in the stand around 1 and after several hours of watching these black buck fight and run each other off a big heard of doe's started working there way towards me and that is the only way this particular buck even thought about coming in close enough for a shot. I did have other black buck come in to other sets I was in but in my opinion if you want a nice mature one you have to sit near these fields and hope the doe's come in and bring there boyfriend. As far as other critters. I have been very fortunate at this ranch to take some amazing animals, but it's far from easy. You have to wait for your shot and make the shot which we all know at the moment of truth can be the hardest things to pull off. If anyone wants more info let me know. This place is amazing!!!

23-Nov-15

Here are pics of some of the critters I've taken.

23-Nov-15

23-Nov-15

23-Nov-15

And of coarse can't forget the hogs. Love whacking these things.

23-Nov-15
Sleddogpa,

You've collected some very nice trophies a Diamond C. Congrats again on a beautiful black buck.

Sounds like you were in the back on the large open field (the newest addition to the ranch).

25-Nov-15
On Molokai a few weeks ago hunting axis.... was slipping in on a few deer when heard a sound and caught some movement at my 6, maybe 4 or 5.... Had to do a double take as have never seen one before and they were supposed to be eradicated from when Molokai had them years ago.... but it was a young black buck, maybe 8 or 10" tall coming in fast, coming right by me.

They have a funny gait, a fast walk that just seems like they are just flying, faster than deer. I had a arrow on the sting already being near in range to the deer, pivoted, swung and drew fast... all at once as he was coming into a shooting lane... and must have bumped my release at the same time and nearly split my lip....

Really pretty animals. Lost arrow and a puffy lip.... great memories... I guess...

25-Nov-15
I would like to plan a hunt in Texas for a black buck, what would be a good month? What time of year is the rut? Sounds like they are a little tougher to hunt in rut.

25-Nov-15

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
I will never forget my sons first Blackbuck what a hunt we had, It is an awsome exotic hunt

25-Nov-15
Your axis buck looks PISSED!

25-Nov-15
Lol yeah he looks really pissed off. One of my best taxidermy jobs so far. One benefit of doing my own taxidermy is I get to start on my critters right away. Black buck already started going for a wall pedestal. I think they are great forms and really show off the animal.

11-Jan-16
Excellent pics all around. Really like the color of that first pic of Buffalo1's, very dark!

12-Jan-16

nmarchr's embedded Photo
nmarchr's embedded Photo
i was able to take a blackbuck and an axis at the Diamond C in late December. that place in amazing. I will be going back to hunt again later this year.

12-Jan-16

nmarchr's embedded Photo
nmarchr's embedded Photo
Here is the axis deer i took on the trip.

12-Jan-16
The sharp color contrast of the blackbuck body reminds me of those on a pronghorn.....and even gives you a rather nice spot to aim for....

12-Jan-16
"If you would like to hunt with us but do not see an animal that you would like to harvest on our list, please call. We take requests!"

What a "hunt".........

08-Mar-16

No Mercy Hunting's Link
This was a gun kill this winter but we have been some nice blackbuck on our property now. Contact us through our website for more info.

08-Mar-16

No Mercy Hunting's embedded Photo

09-Mar-16
Love Axis and Blackbucks...Great trophies!

09-Mar-16

Kwikdraw's embedded Photo
Kwikdraw's embedded Photo
Hey guys, you gotta try it w/ a stik! Pretty tough, very jumpy critters! This was on our place in Kerr Co, Tx., small but very productive!

11-Mar-16
Did you see a lot of Axis & aoudad? Nice Blackbuck, they are so cool

02-Jun-16

02-Jun-16

No Mercy Hunting's Link

• Sitka Gear