Dwitt2n 27-Nov-15
Dwitt2n 27-Nov-15
Landshark Launcher 28-Nov-15
SmoothieJonez 29-Nov-15
Julius K 29-Nov-15
21-Nov-15

HerdManager's MOBILE embedded Photo

So I'm sitting in a tree, and notice my left boot has a hole. Currently wearing LaCrosse, and I've been happy with them for a long time. Any other quality rubber boots out there I should be looking at? Mainly tree stand hunting, but I do a decent amount of waking.

21-Nov-15

Killed a decent 8 point this morning. Took him to the truck and now I'm back looking to burn some doe tags.

21-Nov-15
Nice! Congrats! Muck boots are awesome. I use them for ranching chores and I just spent a week walking through the mountains on a mule deer hunt. Totally comfortable.

21-Nov-15
Those aero jobs from lacrosse

21-Nov-15
Muck boots ,Arctic pro

21-Nov-15
I like muck but my wife prefers bogs.

21-Nov-15
I like my Muck boots.

21-Nov-15
I cant get a pair of Lacrosse boots to last me more than two years max. I'm going on year number four with my Mucks. Still good.

21-Nov-15
I'm using Muck boots, the Woody Max, this year. Other than letting water in over the top when I fell in a creek they have kept my feet dry. Pretty comfortable walking too for a rubber boot. (Actually they are neoprene mostly). I like them a lot better than the Lacrosse Burlys they replaced so far.

21-Nov-15
Irish Setter RPM rutmaster boots...I've owned them all. hands down the best I've bought

21-Nov-15
Muck are the best

21-Nov-15
Irish Setter makes a very nice rubber boot. I have had mine 4 years and still going strong. Shawn

21-Nov-15
Love my Muck Boots

21-Nov-15
Xtra Tuf

22-Nov-15
Xtra Tuff. The hardest of hard working men live in them day in and day out and they hold up. Thousands of Alaskans can't be wrong. I still own a pair that have seen 10 years of hard use. none better.

22-Nov-15
Hard to beat a muck boot, boot dryer is mandatory

22-Nov-15
Lacrosse Alphaburlys would be my vote, I have had a bunch of them and they are great to walk in and are stung on the ankle which is important when walking uneven terrain. I have had no issues with durabability on my three pair I own.

22-Nov-15
Xtra toughs are nowhere near as comfy as my Mucks. I've worn my mucks on a pile of hunts this year. I love them. They at least have some ankle support where as the Xtra Toughs do not. Good luck.

22-Nov-15
Le Chameau.... the last pair you will ever buy....

22-Nov-15
Muckboots

22-Nov-15
I've tried a lot of different rubber boots and like the fit & durability of Mucks the best. They're all I use now.

22-Nov-15
I wore Muck Woody Max for years, but switched to Lacrosse Aeroheads last season. The Mucks fit a tad better, but the Aeroheads have so far proven more durable and definitely warmer on the feet.

Kept a pair of Mucks for walking, but only using the Aeroheads in treestands now.

Congrats on the buck!

22-Nov-15
I have been wearing the Lacrosse rubber boots for years and they work great for about 3 years then they start to fall apart and you need a new pair. I am pretty hard on my boots though.Might have to try a pair of Mucks. I have a pair that came from scandanavia or sweden that are 25 years old and I still wear them around the yard and they are still waterproof wish I could find them again !

22-Nov-15
There are a lot of muck styles out there. What style do you recommend for treestand hunting, turkey hunting, and what are your opinions on temperature ranges?

22-Nov-15
Just goes to show you how different people prefer different things. To me, Xtra Tuffs (with a good insole) are far more comfortable than Mucks. growing up working on fishing boats, I've spent many many 18-20 hr days on my feet all day without foot fatigue. But I definitely wouldn't wear either boot where I needed ankle support.

22-Nov-15
I prefer muck boots. Great fit, very comfortable

22-Nov-15
Irish setter Rut Master best fitting rubber boot on the market IMO

22-Nov-15
I bought the cabelas line of boots.....instinct reliant I believe was the model. I have likely about 100 miles on them from winter hunting to summer fishing.....no complaints at all. They were on sale when I bought them or I would have bought the lacrosse alphas or the rutmasters mentioed earlier.

22-Nov-15
LaCrosse Rubber boots especially if you hunt in briars.

Boots with the neoprene tops are nice, but they can't handle briars. Briars cause the tops to fray and ravel...

22-Nov-15
As far as a rubber hunting boot.... Irish Setter.

23-Nov-15
Used Mucks for a couple years until the heels wore out and rub the back of my foot raw. Moved on to Lacrosse Alpha's and have been very happy with them thus far. Rubber boots are kind of like bows anymore, lots of good ones out there. Try them until you find the one you like.

23-Nov-15
Alpha Burly Pro side zip. So far so good. I have the 1000 gram.

23-Nov-15
FWIW, One of the rare times I disagree with JTV

I don't like those big insulated 'burly' boots, huge heavy and don't function. My feet get just as cold in them as in the uninsulated versions. i use the alphas and thick wool socks...in below freezing I wear an overboot.

Then in size 14, those burleys take up a whole suitcase!

23-Nov-15
i have tried a lot of rubber boots and lacrosse have always outlasted them all. they dont dry rot and crack as fast as other brands. bass pro and cabelas brands have been the worst ever made imo. i hunt a lot and get several years out of a pair of grange or burly models.

24-Nov-15
the green rubber lacrosse boots from 20 years ago, they lasted and lasted. Now everything is sh!t

24-Nov-15
Mucks for me. They just last longer.

24-Nov-15
The wife and I both wear Muck something or other and love them. We've been wearing them now for 3 or 4 years. I even wear mine ice fishing.

24-Nov-15
Hands down Lacrosse if you want durability and a good fit.

25-Nov-15
Muck boots for me.

25-Nov-15
I picked up a set of the insulated Under Armor HAW boots last fall, only had them a year but really like them so far for kicking around in the winter time.

26-Nov-15
I have 2 pairs of Muck boots. Calf Height for the woods and Knee Height for the Marsh. I really like them. Neoroprene uppers beat the heck out of the rubber uppers for comfort.

26-Nov-15
I have two pair of Muck's. Woody Max and Artic Pro. Really like both and they wear well.

26-Nov-15
The Lacrosse Aerohead boots are great. The most durable and comfortable that I've ever owned.

27-Nov-15
The best thing about Mucks is once the first pair gets shredded from briars that pair can be worn on an as needed basis for a loooonnngggg time due to neoprene not dry rotting/cracking as easily

27-Nov-15
I got the muck woody max this year. Temp range is quite something. They say something like 50 to minus 40. Thought that would cover my hunting season. I use a tree saddle so am on ameristep tree steps . Could be a little stiffer sole but was in the tree all day with them on.

27-Nov-15
I like my Aero's .....comfortable, good scent control and when it gets cold, I slip a pair on a pair of OverBoots.

27-Nov-15
I like my Aero's .....comfortable, good scent control and when it gets cold, I slip a pair on a pair of OverBoots.

27-Nov-15
Opps...sorry for the 2X post....must be still twitching from that Packer game.....

28-Nov-15
Under Armor H A W Boots

29-Nov-15
Try on a pair of Under Armour H.A.W. (Hurryup And Wait) series boot. They fit like no other and have incredible comfort and derability. I'm on my second pair in 3 years. I beat the snot out of my boots and these take a beating. I use my first pair as backups during scouting/off season. Like I say, try a pair on after trying alll others. They have this locking heel that forms to your foot. Hard to explain, can only recommend and let you see for yourself. Let us know what you decide on and why.

29-Nov-15
I like mucks for the comfort, but as it was mentioned before I have had four pairs in five years and every pair the heels have worn out. They are a very tough boot, I use them land surveying three seasons of the year (except summer) and they get beat on.

• Sitka Gear