Neb_Bowhuntin' 16-Dec-15
.45-70 03-Jan-17
Buffalo1 03-Jan-17
Buffalo1 03-Jan-17
Buffalo1 03-Jan-17
bfisherman11 03-Jan-17
wytex 10-Jan-17
28-Nov-15
Have a hog hunt booked in mid January with them and was wondering if anybody had hunted with them in the past. Looking for any feedback. Thanks!!

29-Nov-15
I don't know anything about them. Please give us your feedback after your hunt.

29-Nov-15
How did you find out about this hunting operation?

29-Nov-15
I never heard of them , but a quick google search only turns up one review from a gun hunter. Post a story after you go.

29-Nov-15
A buddy of mine found them... Not sure how he came across them asked if I was interested so I jumped at the opportunity. Very intrigued with hunting at night under lights... Found out last night I will probably be the only one Bowhunting in the group but oh well. Living in NW Arkansas I've killed my fair share of hogs but never at night. Got a sounder of 15 hitting one of my feeders right now that I'm fixing to get after as I prepare for this other hunt. Doing some research on lights I've ordered the piglet pro from elusive wildlife technologies. Would appreciate any feedback on your personal preferences for lights and setups. Thanks in advance

29-Nov-15
EWT has some good lights. Never used the one you're talking about but I have both red and green lights for coyote hunting at night. They work well although the distance they work is a little over rated IMO. I especially liked the fact that they came with two batteries and a double charger. I have a bow light also but have never used it.

29-Nov-15
The hawg lite is very well built. Has red and green lenses is very bright and has great battery life with aaas. Last week my cousin washed it and dried it cause he thought he was doing me a favor. Lit right up with no I'll effect.

29-Nov-15
Rule #1 Don't leave your tracking light in your coveralls if your cousin or wife is around.

16-Dec-15
I've never heard of northern sky...but next time you are in north Texas. Check out Hunters Creek Ranch in Mt Vernon, tx. Awesome place to hunt hogs. Day or night.

I bought my hog light off eBay. Search Cree8 green Led light. $24 with barrel mount! Then bought charger and batteries off there as well. Spent less than $50. Qualility light for as much as I use it. Last 3 yrs of hog hunting in Texas! Worked awesome!!

Shoot Str8 and Stay safe

Jeff

03-Jan-17
Just returned from a trip to Northern Sky Outfitters in Jacksboro area Texas, sad to stay we paid $499 per hunter for a 3 day 2 night hog hunt which included 2 hogs, 1 under 100 lbs and 1 over. This isn't my first hog hunt to a high fence place and we thought this year we would try a new place. The food was satisfactory, which is the best I can say about it, not bad but lacking. Cabin was nice, except they put our group of 4 and another group of 3 in the same cabin with only 1 bathroom and a shower with no hot water. Blinds were very nice and the green kill lights worked really well, except the only hogs we saw at night were about 35 lbs. Finally During the 'spot and stalk' which translated means drive them to a fence and shoot them as they scatter, I got bored and realized there are no big hogs on this ranch so I shot my 2 fifty pound hogs. Our group netted under 100 lbs of boneless meat from 5 hogs. I justify my hog hunting trip as a stress reliever, a good time with friends and meat in the freezer. We managed to have a good time despite the rest of the little things, just wish we would have at least seen something decent. The pics they took of the hogs hanging required the hunter to stand back 4-5 feet behind the animal to make it look bigger. On a side note the guides, Josh, Patrick and the new guy Doug were first class. They were guides by day and skinners by night. I can't say enough good things about them. Hope this helps. P.s. I have also been to Independence ranch and the first year it was awesome! Great guides, awesome food and big hogs, the next time we went back, rude guides, good food if you could get enough (ended up snacking out of cooler after meals), and still good hogs. Place used be at the website of hoghuntinghogs.com but they changed their name, probably after many bad reviews.

-.45-70 MeatHunter

03-Jan-17
Has this outfit been advertising on Craigslist?

There has been so "operation" in North Tx advertising in area Craigslist for hog, deer and javelina. (I not aware of javelina being in North Tx ).

I inquired about hunt and asked for references. Guy sent me the name of the host for Arrow Affliction TV show. Replied that I wanted names of "paying" customers. He told me I didn't need any more references. He later sent me an email that he did not want to deal with me. I replied that I felt the same way about him.

When an outfitter is not willing to provide references, I'm not willing to even think about considering !!

03-Jan-17
Has this outfit been advertising on Craigslist?

There has been so "operation" in North Tx advertising in area Craigslist for hog, deer and javelina. (I not aware of javelina being in North Tx ).

I inquired about hunt and asked for references. Guy sent me the name of the host for Arrow Affliction TV show. Replied that I wanted names of "paying" customers. He told me I didn't need any more references. He later sent me an email that he did not want to deal with me. I replied the I felt the same way about him.

When an outfitter is not willing to provide references, I'm not willing to even think about considering !!

03-Jan-17
Sorry about double post- got TBM Disease!!

03-Jan-17
I have hunted the Cinco Ranch with Rob Keibler. It was a while ago and in So TX but I would hunt with Rob again. His outfitting service is called Fair Chase. No website I know of but you can find his phone number here if you search.

Bill

10-Jan-17
Red River Breaks is where we hunt, family place. Stand hunting but many hogs there. No limit on hogs or size. Unguided with lodging and cook your own meals. Lots of hogs along the Red River and many good places to hunt, no high fence. Never go to a high fence place to hunt hogs. They are put and take.

• Sitka Gear