Freddyredsox 29-Nov-15
Freddyredsox 29-Nov-15
Freddyredsox 29-Nov-15
notme 29-Nov-15
Freddyredsox 29-Nov-15
notme 29-Nov-15
29-Nov-15
11:30 AM LIVE from Ct*
Just got up in the tree. Damn next year I'm setting up fixed stands. Going to a different spot every week is rough. I'm up pretty high but have crappy site lines. I'm also using a compound bow for the first time in a stand. This ought to be distareous. Not too cold wind out off the north west.

29-Nov-15
11:31 AM LIVE from Ct*

Freddyredsox's MOBILE embedded Photo
Freddyredsox's MOBILE embedded Photo

This is facing north. Oh I'm private land I n Salem.

29-Nov-15
GL Bud..its not too bad out.nice actually

29-Nov-15
12:20 PM LIVE from Ct*
I did. I'll pm you my number later. I can use your help. Getting discouraged. 2 season 1 shot and I mjssed!

29-Nov-15
Staying mobile is key to being successful. The first time you hunt a spot is always the best chance you will have. With fixed stands the deer will pattern you very quick.

My kids (14 and 16) and I set up our stands every time we hunt. Really doesn't take long once you do it a few times.

29-Nov-15
12:42 PM LIVE from Ct*
Thanks Herd. I always thought that. It's just that finding a good spot in the dark is challenging. Guess I need scout MU H better next year and mark some spots I'd want to use. Maybe even clear some shooting lanes.

29-Nov-15
Stay in there for now. Pull the bow back on few targets at known distances to get used to estimate shot and get used to taking shots from tree stand. Do not actually release the arrow, just back the string down. Try to find a tree at 20, 30, 40 yards, then project a circle visually until you find another tree. Verify the second tree to be at 20,30,40 yards +/- 3 and in time you will get better at distance estimating. It is a fun game and keeps boredom at bay while being alert.

This afternoon, 2pm to 5pm ought to be interesting as far as deer movement concerns.

29-Nov-15
12:54 PM LIVE from Ct*
Just had a small bobcat walk past me with a squirrel in his mouth.

Do you guys shoot bobcats with the same regards as coyotes?

29-Nov-15
12:55 PM LIVE from Ct*
Thanks six.

29-Nov-15
1:52 PM LIVE from Ct*
Thanks bloodtrail. They've killed 5 of my chickens this summer

29-Nov-15
1:53 PM LIVE from Ct*
Someone just shot about 20 rounds north of me. Maybe that will get them moving. I feel like it time.

29-Nov-15
3:28 PM LIVE from Ct*
Getting close to the end. I'm cold and hungry. 4 hours in a tree is respectable.

29-Nov-15
4 hrs.lol ...im working on 11...lol

29-Nov-15
4:23 PM LIVE from Ct*
Notme you da man. I'm frozen and have finally climbed down and I'm waiting for the lasagne to heat up.

Time to Prepare for the Patriots win tonight over the Denver ponies.

29-Nov-15
Layers dude..warmers on feet hands and kidneys..on neck when frigid..

• Sitka Gear