Knife2sharp 02-Dec-15
Jim McNamara 02-Dec-15
deerman406 03-Dec-15
Scrappy 03-Dec-15
Scrappy 03-Dec-15
stickbow98 18-Dec-15
stickbow98 18-Dec-15
30-Nov-15
Anyone have pics of mounts with ears back, posturing? I'd like to have one done, but I don't think I've ever seen one. The buck I killed in IA this year was doing this just before he ran off an 8 pt right by me. I think it'd be cool to mount him that way.

Thanks.

30-Nov-15
I'll mount close to 80-90 heads a year and rarely will have the ears up and forward. I even like to give my customers the option of an ear forward and one sideways or even backwards.

30-Nov-15
Your taxi should have pics of plenty of different poses in his catalog.

30-Nov-15

deerman406's embedded Photo
deerman406's embedded Photo
Sorry not a great pic. but he is posturing with ears laid back. Looks way better in person! Shawn

30-Nov-15

Tazman's embedded Photo
Tazman's embedded Photo

30-Nov-15
I guess that buck has a case of little man syndrome. :)

30-Nov-15
Lol. Its the smallest one i have mounted but believe it or not he was big for the area i used to hunt in VT. Biggest racked one i had ever seen there. He dressed at 172. Which wasnt bad for that area.

30-Nov-15

MTNRCHR's embedded Photo
MTNRCHR's embedded Photo

30-Nov-15
LOL!!! That's awesome!

01-Dec-15

GhostBird's embedded Photo
This is an offset, head down McKenzie form.

01-Dec-15

01-Dec-15

01-Dec-15
Those are nice, but I think I want the ears even further laid back. When they are really pissed those ears are straight back.

01-Dec-15

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Only have one mounted that way.

01-Dec-15

01-Dec-15

Knife2sharp's embedded Photo
Knife2sharp's embedded Photo
Here's a pic of a buck I got in '96. In the early 90's they used to have straight, right and left upright forms. When I had this one mounted they didn't offer straight forms anymore, but Klaus Lebrecht was able to modify a turned form and I asked him to turn the ears back.

01-Dec-15

Sean D.'s embedded Photo
Sean D.'s embedded Photo
See if this works

01-Dec-15

01-Dec-15

Sean D.'s embedded Photo
Sean D.'s embedded Photo

01-Dec-15

DC's embedded Photo
DC's embedded Photo
I like the aggressive style but MTNRCHR post is just a tad bit toooooooooo aggressive.

02-Dec-15

hunt'n addict's embedded Photo
hunt'n addict's embedded Photo

02-Dec-15

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
Here is a photo of a buck in my yard a few weeks back- about as back as ears on a deer can get.

02-Dec-15
So far Ghostbirds mount wins hands down. The biggest problem I've seen with these mounts, and I have one and its the same, is the eyes. And to be honest the hair on the back of the neck. Mounts make deer look pretty. lol But this is an aggressive mount. So perfect hair on the back of the neck (not standing like a real pissed dear) and normal eyes, makes these mounts look silly to me. I personally wish I would have never done one. OR explained it better to a very qualified taxidermist. And my taxidermist is very good! But he made it pretty. This is also a mount that does not look good high on a wall. Personally this would make a good pedestal mount or hung very low. Good luck! If you like it you like it! But those are the problems I see. I think done right it could be very cool.

02-Dec-15

Miller691's embedded Photo

02-Dec-15

02-Dec-15

Sorry don't know why they are rotated

02-Dec-15
I agree with caribou, these mounts all look too nice. When they are posturing to fight, their hair is standing up, ears laid way back, eyes aren't completely open because they don't want to get stuck in the eye. I may have to find a good pic of a posturing buck and see if the taxi can recreate it.

02-Dec-15
Well, like you said the hair isn't standing up and I don't think that's possible to do with a hide.

02-Dec-15
Try googling aggressive deer and look at the real thing. Using someone's interpretation is asking for a wrong look. For aggressive the ears are back and down along the heck and the bases need to be done right to pull it off properly. The eyes are full open too. For good Taxidermy live reference is crucial. Jim

03-Dec-15
I just went to the taxidermist with my Kansas buck. I got a full sneak with a left turn and had his ears back, but not in an aggressive posture. I just got the ears back to show off the mass this buck has, almost 8" bases, over 40"s of mass measurements. I hope it comes out as well as most of these bucks posted here. Shawn

03-Dec-15

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo

03-Dec-15

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo

18-Dec-15

stickbow98's embedded Photo
Iowa buck, came into pi$$ed to rattling/snort-wheeze. Great mass, definitely a fighter with several broken tines. Mounted as he came in...rolling eyes, ears back and side-stepping.

18-Dec-15

Another angle....

• Sitka Gear