Mac5 18-Dec-15
kota-man 18-Dec-15
bowfinatic 18-Dec-15
g5smoke21 21-Dec-15
Second Shot 20-Sep-16
beachtree 29-Sep-16
Guardian Hunter 29-Sep-16
08-Dec-15
Hey! I'm in the process of researching hunts for Mountain Lion in the lower 48. I'm looking to do a hunt with my dad, we are both physically capable when it comes to hiking and getting after animals, and am really just looking for suggestions. The outfit, that i have been looking strongly at is Cat Track Outfitters in Colorado, But was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the two of us to go together and have a successful hunt. We are really looking to stay in that $4000-$6000 Price range. Thanks in advance for any info you guys may have!

08-Dec-15
Highly recommend Fred and Cat Track Outfitters, I shot my tom mtn lion with them the first day. Fred and his family are great! Official P&Y score on mine was 14 6/16 it is also receiving the Platinum Award for the 2nd largest archery killed mtn lion at the GSCO convention in Las Vegas in January.

08-Dec-15
Well that's definitely a sigh of relief. I've talked to him several times on the phone, and he seems like a great guy that runs a very good operation. I'm new to Lion hunting though and want to make sure I explore all avenues.

08-Dec-15
Fred was able to get another client in after I tagged out, and I was able to go along on that guys hunt and he killed a really nice tom on his first day also.

08-Dec-15
Killer Lion Hunts in Arizona with Wade Eckel. No snow, dry ground, so you can go anytime of the year.

08-Dec-15
with cat track I noticed they offer lower price "Any mature lion" hunts and tom only hunts. how does that work.

I ask because if it is a lower price any sex hunt and you tree a female and decide not to shoot is that OK. you would basically be on a tom only hunt with that approach but paying for the lower price hunt. any idea how that works. would he be expecting the hunter to shoot any mature cat, regardless of sex, on an any cat hunt.

08-Dec-15
PM sent.

08-Dec-15
Bou......I had the same question when I called. From what I understand, they get a lot of opportunities at both females and Toms.....apparently they get a lot of people that strictly want to shoot Toms. I believe he charges $500 extra for a Tom only hunt, but they also get a lot of Female cats in the 150-170lb range, and for me, I think I would be just fine with that.....

08-Dec-15
he may be the best outfitter in the world but please trust me. they do NOT get a lot of females in the 150-170 range. at best it is a gross exaggeration if you were told that..at worst it is an outright lie.

this has nothing to do with their operation it has to do with the fact there simply are not many females that even get near the the low end (#150) of that range (barring a once in a lifetime utter "freak" of nature) let alone the high end. they just don't get that big any more than doe whitetails get to 225 and some outfitters get a lot of them.

If the average mature female is ~100, which is probably safe then 150-170 means a 50-70% increase on the average becoming a regular occurrence. Statistically anything consistently happening at 50-70% above the norm is questionable at best.

heck, the average tom is well under that high end. #170 is a monster tom. an absolute monster. i'm talking scaled weights here not quoted at the bottom of the tree before the skinning takes place weights, but actual scaled weights.

just do some research on cat size and you'll see what I mean. Again, this is not an indictment on the outfitters operation, but if he is stating what you said just be aware there is some "marketing" going on here.

08-Dec-15
Thank you Bou.

08-Dec-15
I can not imagine Fred saying he gets female cats that run that big. 100 to 120 would be a good size female. I hunted with him a few years back and did quite well. He hunts hard for his clients. I also sent several of my Taxidermy Clients his way and they all scored cats. Whoever you go with ENJOY!!! Nothing matches the feeling you get when you walk up under a tree and look into the eyes of your kitty. Jim

08-Dec-15
thanks Bou, even in Canada a huge female is 120.

Someone is giving some piss pour information.

08-Dec-15
Is there anybody that targets females specifically? I am working on completing my North American Super-10 in FEMALE.

09-Dec-15
First of all....Thanks to everyone that has responded!!! I appreciate it greatly! Obviously there was some major mis-understanding on my part about animal size. I'm extremely new to the Mountain Lion hunting game and as I stated before, I'm just looking for some solid recommendations for outfitters.

10-Dec-15
Paul Janke Lone Tom Outfitter lonetom.com

11-Dec-15
Try Lobo outfitters in Pagosa Springs, Dick and Mike Ray run a good operation and kill some huge cats. the Colorado state record was killed by a friend of mine with them.

11-Dec-15
I'm in Utah right now and we just got 7" of fresh snow.... So I'm a little excited about tomorrow!!

15-Dec-15

PAstringking's embedded Photo
PAstringking's embedded Photo
Done... Shot under 10 yards quartering away. 159 lbs. big head.

15-Dec-15
Way to go details and more pics please

15-Dec-15
Love it! Ditto details!

17-Dec-15
Check out D&D outfitters in Worland Wyoming. They will put you on cats. Daylen and his father Dean run a top notch operation. Took my tom with them back in 1999. Tough hunt, second day. They have some great dogs. Hunted with them several times for other critters too.Since my hunt they have really acquired alot more land too hunt and have harvested lion's just about for every hunter. My Tom went 150 lbs.

17-Dec-15
Track em outfitters in Howard Colorado is an amazing hunt. Several big cats of hunters I know have been taken by the Canterbury's.

17-Dec-15
Congrats PA!

We are all ears!

Mark

18-Dec-15
Awesome Pic PA!!!!

18-Dec-15
Love it...Way to go PA.

18-Dec-15
On cat track website says females weigh between 64 and 141 lbs

21-Dec-15
I would also recommend cat track outfitters. I hunted with Fred a few years back. My picture is on his site in the cave I shot my Tom in on day 1. Missy also told me when I was there Fred rarely has a client go home empty handed. His dogs are good in snow or dry ground. I would highly recommend them. You would for sure have several opportunities.

20-Sep-16
Which outfitter did you select and when are you going?

29-Sep-16
I took lion with cat track scored 14 9/16

29-Sep-16
I would sincerely say that Cliff Carney from Every Colorado is a great groundsman whether it snows or is working on dry ground. I hunted with him for Mule deer and feel like he is a great hunter, outfitter and groundsman. It is also a low volume personal operation. Call Scott Alberda from BNAA to discuss.

• Sitka Gear