TD 11-Dec-15
No Mercy 11-Dec-15
FLGator 11-Dec-15
Mark Watkins 12-Dec-15
BSKED (mobile) 13-Dec-15
10-Dec-15

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
It's official. The Boone and Crockett Club has now officially scored this ram @ 209 4/8" making it the new world record!

It was a pick-up from a road kill in Alberta.

10-Dec-15
Quite the specimen. Can you imagine getting your hands on a ram that was north of 200 inches?

10-Dec-15
Can't imagine how heavy those are. Looking for a little feedback on age. Am I right on being around a 12 year old ram? I hope to even have a chance of a sheep let alone a tank like that.

10-Dec-15
Wow, cool... Thanks for sharing...

Curious, since it's a roadkill, who now owns it? I know the MO game department owns the WR non-typical whitetail as a pick-up...

10-Dec-15
Amazing ram but that picture does not due the size of it justice.

10-Dec-15
A little history on the ram. http://www.ucalgary.ca/utoday/issue/2015-03-19/world-record-bighorn-sheep-captured-researchers-heart

Government officials measured the ram soon after it's death, and found it to score much less than the B&C scorers. That is why the delay in the official scoring and recognition of being the new world record.

At the same time, these officials are claiming that the Alberta ram registration data clearly shows that rams are getting smaller, likely due to hunting induced genetic selection.

Hmmm....

Zbone, a local rancher claimed the roadkill and was able to receive a permit to keep the ram, as is allowed in Alberta.

10-Dec-15
It's owned by the son-in-law of the landowner, They'd been seeing this ram for years and said a couple of times per month he'd go down to the highway and they were afraid he'd get hit sooner or later.

As for possessing a pick-up, those rules vary state-to-state and I assume, province-to-province.

I found a ram in NV a few years ago when I was helping Tilzbow with his hunt. I took it into NDOW and the second the officer saw it, he could tell the ram had been dead for a long time, so he said I could keep it and that an officer would come by my home to fill out some paperwork.

In NV, they just want to make sure it was an honest find, not a ram that had been shot illegally with the poacher going back to claim it a week or so later.

In CA, however, I would not have been able to even pick it up and take it in, let alone keep it.

10-Dec-15

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Another photo.

10-Dec-15
I'm working right now to see if we can get the horns to The Sheep Show next month.

I'll keep you posted!

10-Dec-15
Spectacular!

10-Dec-15
Geeze! What a beast

10-Dec-15
That ram is a toad! To bad it wasn't taken by a hunter.

11-Dec-15
That 2nd pic certainly does it justice.

Thanks for sharing with us Kyle.

Good luck, Robb

11-Dec-15
Makes you wonder what the vehicle looked like after..... puts those Dodge truck ads to the test.....

11-Dec-15
Wow!

11-Dec-15
That is an amazing ram, wow!

12-Dec-15
Yikes! What a beauty!

Mark

13-Dec-15
That thing is AWESOME!!!

• Sitka Gear