IdyllwildArcher 15-Dec-15
HuntEasy 15-Dec-15
Hunterjames 15-Dec-15
Fulldraw1972 15-Dec-15
Treeline 15-Dec-15
IdyllwildArcher 15-Dec-15
LKH 16-Dec-15
15-Dec-15
I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I have been doing some research if but having a hard time finding a state with over the counter archery tags available for mule deer. If there is anybody out there that can help me find them I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

15-Dec-15
For archery, California, Oregon, Idaho, Arizona, Washington, and Nebraska have OTC tags.

Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Utah, Montana, New Mexico, and Kansas all have tags you can draw with zero points or purchase left over after the draw.

15-Dec-15
Arizona

15-Dec-15
Lots of options. It all comes down to what type of hunt you are looking for.

15-Dec-15
The Montana license is for 'deer' and can be used on either a whitetail or a mule deer. Check the district regulations to see what is open in that district, but a general deer license that comes with the NR Deer Combo and the NR Big Game Combo is good for mule deer bucks in most areas in the state... This year there were some leftovers after the March 15 drawing. When they put the leftovers up for sale on May 1, there were almost 1700 Big Game combos and over 1600 deer combos. Both of those were sold out by mid July.

15-Dec-15
the type of hunt don't really matter just want a spot and stalk. I'm not after any giant deer just want a chance at a bunch of deer to glass over and get some good stalks in on them.

15-Dec-15
Nebraska, near NW Kansas has some big mule deer and OTC tags. Shawn

15-Dec-15
Are you looking to go guided or unguided?

Do you want to hunt from the truck or camp back country?

What's your Western back country and hunting experience?

Are you going alone?

How long do you want to hunt?

Do you have a particular month you'd like to hunt or not like to hunt?

How far from MN are you willing to go?

What's your age, height, and weight?

The more you tell about yourself, your goals, and your past, the easier it is to make recommendations.

15-Dec-15
Hunterjames if you want a guided hunt that fits your description check out the thread about an Arizona archery hunt. Short notice but a good one!

15-Dec-15
I am looking at going unguided. And would be willing to do both from the truck or a couple day pack in hunt . I would really like to do a whole trip of back country camping but not real experienced yet still learning but would be comfortable with a couple days. And I would plan for a 7 day hunt hoping for it to be in September sometime. And distance from Minnesota really don't matters will travel for the best experience I can find. It would be me and 1 other person going on the trip and we we both 31 and in normal shape but trying to work on the cardio. All of this help you guys are giving me is really helping and will take any info you can give me!

15-Dec-15
There are numerous units in Co that can be had with zero points. So if your wanting to go that route I would put in for the draw.

I hunt NW Ne a fair amount. You will find bucks there. As far as SW Ne goes yeah there are some dandies there. Problem is there isn't a lot of public.

SD is a state I wouldn't over look either.

If you want to go the Ne route let me know I can help you out some there. I might have an idea or two for SD as well. Both east river and west river.

15-Dec-15
Agree with Maverick. Although not OTC tags, there are tons of great options in Colorado to get a tag with 0 points or even on second, third or fourth choice. If you draw on second or later choices, you get a point and a tag.

Typically great weather and good numbers of deer. It is possible to find bucks to stalk even in units with tons of hunters and tags. Just keep poking around till you find where the hordes are not. You can also pick up an OTC either sex elk tag and do a combo hunt.

Fishing is still good that time of year as well. Awesome time to be in the hills here.

15-Dec-15
PM sent

16-Dec-15
One of the things to consider about CO if all you have is a week is the altitude of some early season hunts. You might just be getting used to it when your week is over.

• Sitka Gear