mountainman 05-Aug-16
Bou'bound 05-Aug-16
JW 05-Aug-16
Bowman 19-Dec-16
JL 29-Apr-17
Greg S 01-May-17
Chief 419 02-May-17
30-Dec-15
Well, after talking to Frank for several months I ended up booking a Musk Ox/caribou combo hunt with Bowhunting Greenland Aug 10-16 2016.

First deposit is sent and the flights are booked.

I'm spending 2 nights in Iceland on the way up and 4 nights on the way home.

Any tips or advice would be welcomed.

30-Dec-15
I also just booked a Muskox hunt in Greenland...just not with BowhuntGreenland (yes I am bowhunting them).

I am doing the spring/winter hunt for Muskox only. Good luck on your hunt.

31-Dec-15
that looks like such a great trip a real adventure.

31-Dec-15
My advice is Document it well and take tons of pics. There will be 1000's of us drooling to see them and your results! Best of luck. Someday I hope to do the same hunt.

31-Dec-15
I plan to take lots of pictures and some video if I can. I will definitely do a write up on here when I get back.

PAstringking, who did you book with?

05-Jun-16
That first week in Aug is usually Gay Pride week in Reyk. Just letting you know in case your uncomfortable with that.

05-Jun-16
I will be there end of July and first day of Aug. We will try to save some muskox for you.

06-Jun-16
Not that there's anything wrong with that

06-Jun-16
I have to do this hunt with my son

06-Jun-16
Sounds like a great adventure! Good luck.

06-Jun-16
Shifty - Not that I'm counting but, we fly out in 49 days. The countdown is on!

07-Jun-16
Zebrakiller I'm 63 but you can still adopt me .

07-Jun-16

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Good luck...and a safe trip..Here's my Greenland ox

08-Jun-16
He looks like an old warrior. Congratulations!

08-Jun-16
"That first week in Aug is usually Gay Pride week in Reyk. Just letting you know in case your uncomfortable with that."

How in the world did you even come across that? Now I'll have to repack to fit my pink boas and assless chaps.

13-Jun-16
I have been to Iceland a few times for travel. Came across that the first time I was booking hotels and was looking at dates and events in the city of Reyk. It is always good to check out city events while traveling. I once visited a city during their cherry festival, so many people and every river was filled with tubers and kayaks during my quiet fishing trip. joke was on me for not checking.

13-Jun-16
I won't actually be in Reykjavik until my return leg. Staying if Keflavik on the way in. And the bulk of the first week I'll be in Greenland. So likely won't have to deal with the crowds much.

05-Aug-16
I start the journey Northward tomorrow morning. Looking forward to the adventure. I'll let you guys know how it went when I return. I may be able to get a few pictures on here of the trip until I hit Greenland.

I'll likely start a new thread when I start the trip.

05-Aug-16
this will be excellent. a real adventure. need all details and you will do well

05-Aug-16
best of luck! I would love to do this hunt!!!

19-Dec-16

Bowman's Link
How funny, i just happened to run into an article, with the same picture that you posted Shug. Is that you in this article?

http://rainsfordhunting.com/en/hunting-trip-inspiration/bow-hunting-musk-ox-in-greenland/

On the other hand, bowhunting such an incredible animal is an neglectable experience.

29-Apr-17
Happened to be perusing threads and seen this one. Greenland would be a fun hunt. I've been there a few times searching for some WWII MIA's. I slept with my .300 Win Mag on the ice cap but it wasn't for hunting. I do believe the U.S. Coast Guard planted seed herds of caribou and muskox there in Greenland. They took them up on the CG icebreakers back in the 1940's I think it was. There is supposed to be some great trout fishing there too.

01-May-17

Greg S's embedded Photo
Greg S's embedded Photo
Was there with Frank two years ago. Only hiccup was weapon permit in Iceland. They forgot to put arrows on mine and they were threatening to make me leave the arrows behind! Eventually the boss overrode it. It's a ton of travel so go with patience and a good camera. Ox hunt is very easy hunt by boat. Caribou is opposite end of the spectrum being very physical, with long steep hikes to get where they are. Really liked the bou hunting up in the mountains and crags. If I went back I'd want the option for two caribou. Pm me with specific questions or if you want to talk send me your number.

02-May-17
I hunted with Frank last year. Great hunt. I did the caribou option and agree with Greg. The climb up was brutal but once you were on top, it was easier going. Really nice looking terrain on top with the glacier nearby. I missed my only shot at a caribou due to a self inflicted bowhunter error. Congrats on your caribou. 6 days of hunting in Greenland is too short. Really wish the hunt had been 10 days or longer.

• Sitka Gear