Tndeer 01-Feb-16
RamDreamer 03-Feb-16
bghunter 03-Feb-16
RamDreamer 03-Feb-16
bghunter 04-Feb-16
GhostBird 04-Feb-16
Cheque 04-Feb-16
01-Feb-16
What are logistics for hunting the oscelloated turkey in mexico. Curious about where you fly into and getting animals home

01-Feb-16
A jungle hunt is on my short list!! We have one donated for two hunters to our local SCI chapter fundraiser through Balam Mexico. Includes 3 species per hunter. Really thinking about it!!

01-Feb-16
One of our chapters has a similar hunt also and was kicking the idea around, but was curious on the other details such as flights and getting bird home.

It sure seems like it would be one of the more unique hunts one could do

01-Feb-16
From my research you could fly into various places. Gutamala, Campache etc. When I did the goulds I just carried the skinned and dipped birds home in my carry one luggage. Have to check it at customs and then has to go to a USDA certified taxidermist for further dipping/cleaning. It then can be mounted by the taxi of your choosing

01-Feb-16
I WOULD LOVE TO DO A CAST AND BLAST TRIP FEATURING OCELLATED TURKEYS AND BONEFISH, TARPON, SNOOK. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD OUTFITTER?

03-Feb-16
Tndeer - The fishing and hunting disciplines are so different on the Yucatan Peninsula that I've not personally seen such a combination offered. Good luck in your search for such an entity, maybe further south in Central America.

bghunter - Bringing any game back in luggage nowadays is dicey at best due to various government agencies' policies (not necessarily regulations). The outfitters I've talked to about the Yucatan this year have said they will ship trophies after the hunt and appropriate treating of same per the above reference agency guidelines. Two primary outfitting groups on Yucatan for this species are Balam and Mexico Hunts (the same folks that do the desert sheep hunts on Carmen Island in the Sea of Cortez). Balam is telling hunters to go into Campeche (it's a pain, I've done it, because you can't get there direct - you have to go through Mexico City). Mexico Hunts is going to have hunters go into Merida, which can be reached directly from the US. Merida will entail a longer drive to hunting areas, but will avoid the in-Mexico plane changes and requirement to go through Mexico City.

03-Feb-16
Thank you for the information. I am always nervous about bringing hides etc as carry on just for reason you said.

From other people I spoke to I was looming at hunts mexico. Good part is I am not far from Chicago so getting flight would be easy and as you said any direct flights would be best too.

03-Feb-16
bghunter -

I think so highly of Sergio Jimenez and the Mexico Hunts team that I am sending my wife to hunt with them on the Yucatan later this year.

04-Feb-16
Others have said the same and got info from fellow bowsiter looking at hunt with them too if things work out might be able to join them

04-Feb-16

GhostBird's Link
Hope this link works... it is a hunt report from Accurate Reloading.

04-Feb-16
Houston has regular flights into Merida. I've flown down there twice but neither were hunting related.

• Sitka Gear