Carpethatelk 06-Feb-16
IdyllwildArcher 06-Feb-16
BULELK1 07-Feb-16
Carpethatelk 07-Feb-16
WapitiBob 07-Feb-16
BULELK1 09-Feb-16
4blade 10-Feb-16
06-Feb-16
I have not seen any recent posts about OTC elk tags in utah. I'm wondering if anyone has had decent success with general regions. The only place I have seen any frequent success in is up in the uintahs. I was thinking of trying my luck this year out in the henry mountains.

06-Feb-16
There was just recently a thread about the Uintas. I think it was last week.

07-Feb-16
I think the Henry's management plan is NO elk so you may not see many around down there---

Good luck, Robb

07-Feb-16
Thank you for the responses! You just saved me a lot of time. Do you know if any of the general areas have management plans to get a larger herd?

07-Feb-16
I think they're gen areas to get rid of the Elk.

09-Feb-16
With all the Gen/OTC bow Any Bull/cow unit tags and Gen/OTC bow Spike/cow tags being Unlimited--that pretty much says what kind of Management Plan there is! ha

If you have any LE big Bull points, I would suggest you do Spike/cow bow elk and get to know the LE unit of your dreams for future drawing on the LE bow Bull tag.

Good luck, Robb

10-Feb-16
Other than maybe the uintah's, the any bull units are areas where they want to get rid of the elk. They never will, but there will never be any increase in the herds either. Robb's right, buy the otc cow/spike tag, hunt the area you want an le tag on and learn it well.

• Sitka Gear