trkyslr 10-Feb-16
kota-man 10-Feb-16
Matt 12-Feb-16
Wapitidung 12-Feb-16
ChrisH. 12-Feb-16
casper 12-Feb-16
kota-man 12-Feb-16
09-Feb-16
I have some Kuiu Gear, Gaters , Hats and a Backpack, but I have never bought any garments like rain gear or pants.

I have heard their sizing is very athletic. If I’m dropping $600 on Yukon rain gear I don’t want them to be tight and rip the crotch out while getting on a horse. And if I’m sitting I don’t want to have any clothes that are tight fitting because I think it makes one cold.

So...I’m 6 ft 3 inch and I fluctuate between 205 -220 pounds and I’m looking to maybe buy some Kuiu Guide pants and jacket also the Yukon rain gear. Should I buy XL or XXL?

Thanks!!

09-Feb-16
6-3 and trying to buy pants that will let you sit on a horse ... that's a "tall order", for sure. Personally, (and I ride in Kuiu pants and love them) I'd stick to a company that offers tall sizes.

09-Feb-16
Even if they are tight, they will not rip the crotch. The Attack and Teton pants are nice and stretchy with perfect cut panels. They are extremely comfortable no matter how you move.

The guide pants come in waist sizes. 36, 38, etc. I am a 35-36 waist in jeans. I got a 36. 38s were too big. 5'11" 220, long arms and XL jacket is perfect. I haven't had the rain gear so not sure if it is already sized for layering. I highly recommend getting both sizes and returning what you don't want. 60 days to return and will save you shipping costs.

General rule is never size down and usually size up.

09-Feb-16
I just bought the Yukon top a couple weeks ago. I usually wear XXL and got the XXXL and it fits pretty loose. I can get the KUIU puffy under it with no problem. I also got the attack pants, the waist is good but legs are tight

09-Feb-16
The Yukon is the exception in the KUIU sizing cluster. You should be fine in a XL.

09-Feb-16
Kota-Man, So should I buy all other garments in XXL?

09-Feb-16
I'm 6'2" and 215#... I wear the Guide line in XL with a base layer under it. If I were you I'd get XL. I can also wear my super down vest under my XL guide jacket comfortably.

09-Feb-16
I am 6' and 200# and I bought the guid jacket. It was a good fit except it was so tight under the arms i sent it back and got the XXL. That was to big. I liked the quality of the KUIU but the fit issues always get me.

09-Feb-16
I have a 33 waist and bought 34s and had to return for 36 because the crotch was too narrow to the waistline. I love the pants but Kuiu does have sizing issues. Buy a little bigger than you think.

09-Feb-16
You might need a 3x in the Guide. Yes, they are that messed up in the bigger sizes. When I owned KUIU my jackets and shirts ranged from XL to XXXL...crazy.

If it helps you, I'm 6'2 240 (for sheep hunts I dip in to the 220's). PM me the garments in question and I will tell you what size I had and how it fit. I previously owned every piece they made.

09-Feb-16
I'm 6'4" 210# the Yukon rain gear in XL fits me good. I have an XL Guide vest and it also fits good.

09-Feb-16
Seriously guys, I'm 6'4" and 224 and wear all my Kuiu as XL with no problems.

10-Feb-16
You might mention your waist size - it's relevant when trying to buy pants.

10-Feb-16
My measurements are:

47 chest

37 sleeve

36 Waist- but I would rather have a 37-38 inch with a belt in hunting clothes to be comfortable.

45 hip

10-Feb-16
Kota-Man,

PM Sent.

10-Feb-16
Greg Simon and Ramhunter,

At 6'-4" at 210 to 220lbs is fairly lean. I think Kuiu fits better for skinny people.

10-Feb-16
Xxl would be way to big plus they sell by waste sizes in inches.. Buy the size of your true waste or one inch larger.

10-Feb-16
The Yukon is by size (XL), not waist Chris, and I agree in the Yukon, the XXL would be way big. It is one of KUIU's most generous pieces they make regarding size.

KUIU definitely fits "leaner" people a little better/more consistently.

12-Feb-16
There is a sizing chart on the Kuiu website that directly translates sizes like XL to waist size (37" in this example), which is a more accurate way to size pants than height and/or weight.

12-Feb-16
I just bought the Yukon rain gear. I had bought L guide jacket that fit fine. I called KUIU to see if I should size up for the Yukon Rain Gear. KUIU told me no. They design the Yukon L to be a bit larger because they know you'll likely be wearing garments underneath. I thought that was purty smart.

Wap

12-Feb-16
I have a lot of Kuiu gear and I've always followed their sizing chart and it has been pretty true to size.

12-Feb-16
I wear 35 waist jeans and kuiu 36 waist pants fit perfect, i also wear xl size dress shirts and in kuiu everything including my guides jacket is XXL they run small.

12-Feb-16
Matt and ChrisH make a good point and it often times overlooked. Unlike many companies, the sizing chart on KUIU's website is pretty well spot on. Well worth checking it out and measuring before you order.

• Sitka Gear