spike buck 09-Feb-16
CurveBow 11-Feb-16
spike buck 11-Feb-16
spike buck 11-Feb-16
spike buck 11-Feb-16
spike buck 11-Feb-16
09-Feb-16
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to do a whitetail hunt this year and because time is not something I have a lot of I was looking to explore my options in Ontario, CA because I live in WNY. Is there anyone out there that may have some experience with an outfitter in Ontario? Just looking for opinions. Thank you!

09-Feb-16
Western NY and Not much time! Ohio would certainly be an option. Good luck! C

09-Feb-16
That's funny, I travel to upstate NY to hunt...8^)

09-Feb-16
I think you mean Ontario CN (Canada)

Not Ontario CA (California)

:^)

I hunted a few times in Western Ontario just north of Minnesota, but that's probably farther west than you want to go. I didn't use an Outfitter but there are several in the area that were pretty successful.

09-Feb-16
Don't the legendary Beniots now hunt eastern Canada rather than VT and NH due now to the quality of hunting the NE states?

09-Feb-16
Actually Canada is CA. in 2 letter abbreviated form :P

I'm in Ontario but I travel to Mi , Ky and Ks to hunt whitetail deer LOL

09-Feb-16
Our deer camp is in Ontario and have not run a hunt there for 4 years due to the quality of the deer herd.

09-Feb-16
Ontario has been hammered by multiple bad winters... Many who have hunted there regularly have looked else where the last couple years.. Deer numbers are way down!

09-Feb-16

spike buck's embedded Photo
You have WMU #7B, where Bear Track hunts, (opens first Saturday in October), which runs from the Manitoba border to Vermilion Bay. WMU 7b has been hit hard with wolves and hunting pressure.

Zbone, yes the Benoits hunted WMU #7b.

WMU #8 opens the first of November. Wolves are hunted and trapped heavy here and a shorter deer season. Less deer hunting pressure in WMU #8.

This picture was taken off the lodge deck last week, Wildlife Management Area #8. Last 2 winters have been easy here for our whitetails!!!

11-Feb-16
I agree with others that the deer herd in NW Ontario is down. I hunted there for 5 straight years. I killed 4 bucks, the 5th year our group had very poor sightings and only one smaller buck, about a 100" 8 point, was killed. That was 2014. The Winter of 2013-2014 saw a record number of below 0 days as well as very deep snow. According to law enforcement that we called, they lost 50 - 80% of the deer herd in some areas.

I hears through a NYS grapevinne that the Benoits hunted there in 2015 and only saw 10 small bucks and nothing was killed. I would not recommend going there until about 2018 at the earliest, and I'd also be watching the winter weather between now & then too. Wolves are said to be a factor. Only one of us has seen a wolf over the 5 years of hunts, but all of us have heard them howling at night and a few times at other times of the day.

>>>>-------->

11-Feb-16

We had no problem getting into the bucks. There was almost no competition with other hunters as they all thought the deer are depleted.

Yes they are down, but with a little hard work by a hard working outfitter, success does show its self.

Picture of a NW Ontario 2015 buck (wmu #8)

11-Feb-16

Most outfitters in WMU7B & WMU #8 never outfitted in 2015. They relyied too much on the same old grounds. Too busy doing other things and never scouted new territory. They GAVE up.

We had the bush all to ourselves during the 2015 deer season. When things get tough, we at Pine Acres get scouting!!!

11-Feb-16

Another NW Ontario 2015 buck from one of our crown sites.

Curvebow go ahead, give up and say there are no deer. We'll enjoy another year of the bush all to ourselves!!

11-Feb-16

Another NW Ontario 2015 buck.

Shot on one of our private pieces of land.

We are booked for 2016 whitetail hunts. 95% repeat customers from 2015.

• Sitka Gear